Chumbimba

Concentration/ADHD help

22 posts in this topic

@Chumbimba Though I’m no follower of JP, this is the most insightful thing I probably ever found on ADHD after 16 years of homework. 

On 12/12/2019 at 0:31 PM, Chumbimba said:

Hello all:

i have been meditating for 3 years on and off but more on than off. I have had some amazing experiences so far but my concentration is still shit. I got diagnosed with ADHD at a very young age

Have you explored / considered that the environment & people in it were in discord with their feelings, and you learned this, but haven’t unlearned it yet? By unlearn it, I mean by gaining the emotional intelligence, and understanding why they were that way...how they suppressed their feeling, and acted out of ignorance. We learn to understand the world and our emotions, sometimes, in inaccurate ways. The emotional / self misunderstandings go unnoticed, and get labeled as attention disorders. Focus, or, attention, in most fundamental, and like many things on the path, is a matter of uncovering rather than adding more to. 

and I currently have medication like Vyvanse and aderall  to help me with my concentration but I don’t take It because of the side effects and i have a negative attitude towards being on pills.

Maybe it’s an intuitive emotional response. (Speculating.)

It makes me feel like there is something wrong with me.

I’d explore that feeling. Nothing is “wrong” with you. The feeling is communicating something. Some of us grew up in environments which left us considering if we are right or wrong, good or bad...but we can get behind these circular beliefs by considering why we even started to believe in judgment in the first place. Understanding emotional intelligence & paradox could be the key to transcending, and “uncovering” focus & attention. 

This effects my school work, meditation and a lot of other things to the point nothing gets finished in my life. I tried Leo’s exercises on concentration but they didn’t work very well. 

Different things work for different people, but imo nothing’s wrong to be fixed. Just a misunderstanding about self & world to be understood. Then you move up the emotional scale and naturally experience more of what you are wanting to in life, and far less ruminating of thought resulting in what would be experienced as much more focus. 

I see focus & attention, from a meta-perspective of consciousness folding within itself to create experience. Focus is as inherent and natural as gravity. If someone said to me “something’s wrong with gravity”, I’d say we might have an inaccurate belief we could uncover. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE