Spiral Wizard

Do Nothing: Why keep eyes open?

5 posts in this topic

Leo said you should keep your eyes open while practicing the do nothing technique.

Why is that?

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

@Spiral Wizard it’s personal preference. If you’re less advanced I would keep your eyes shut vs more advanced people who won’t get pulled away by visual stimuli. 

@Spiral Wizard because closed eyes can create distractions, like colors, shapes, fractals, etc. Eyes open you will stay more ground, more present, although don't get surprise if the floor star to move... :S

Any meditation or do nothing practice is great at disrupting the constant Whirlwind of monkey chatter in the mind.

I recommend closing the eyes. Do not focus on anything but do not resist anything as well... just let a thought appear, notice it and let it fall away.

What helped me was a lot of short periods of meditation throughout the day as opposed to just one Long session in the evening or morning.

Before one of my big realizations, I was doing 2 or 3 10-minute meditation sessions throughout the day in the bathroom stall at work. And then about 20 minutes at the end of the day. I told them I had irritable bowel syndrome(ibs) I didn't care whether they disliked my long bathroom breaks are not haha...

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

35 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Before one of my big realizations, I was doing 2 or 3 10-minute meditation sessions throughout the day in the bathroom stall at work. And then about 20 minutes at the end of the day. I told them I had irritable bowel syndrome(ibs) I didn't care whether they disliked my long bathroom breaks are not haha...

Cool meditation hack for bussy people ?