mindcentral

Peter Ralston re: Love

67 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I am pointing out your bias Leo. I actually agree with you but not talking about love doesn’t make him wrong or any less knowing imo

@mandyjw I’m not sure why we can’t say what ralston talks about still points to love even if he doesn’t choose to describe it that way 

I don’t think anything can be overlooked or under appreciated going inward 

What makes love an absolute is what can make everything an absolute, defining it as such 

@DrewNows The "Divine" feminine, or even the feminine, doesn't exist. The attraction to the "other", including the illusory movement towards and the wholeness itself after is love. So if someone were to have problems appreciating, valuing or opening to the feminine, what would they actually have a problem with? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

9 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Leo Gura I am pointing out your bias Leo. I actually agree with you but not talking about love doesn’t make him wrong or any less knowing imo

@mandyjw I’m not sure why we can’t say what ralston talks about still points to love even if he doesn’t choose to describe it that way 

Because when I explicitly asked him about love, he brushed it off as merely an emotion. This clearly shows that something is missing. It's not merely a matter of defintions and words. He is missing that facet of awakening, which is why he doesn't teach it.

Worry about your own bias.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Because when I explicitly asked him about love, he brushed it off as merely an emotion. This clearly shows that something is missing. It's not merely a matter of defintions and words.

The only thing missing is the congruency in your mental maps...I think this has everything to do with meaning as no teaching is complete in of itself 

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

So if someone were to have problems appreciating, valuing or opening to the feminine, what would they actually have a problem with? 

Themselves?

3 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Themselves?

LOVEing themselves. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

LOVEing themselves. 

But who has problems, Ralston? Does he say this? 

@DrewNows How does Ralston make you feel when you watch him? Watch him, without really paying attention to what he says. Read his face, every mannerism, feel the emotion there, look into his soul. How do you feel? 

13 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@DrewNows How does Ralston make you feel when you watch him? Watch him, without really paying attention to what he says. Read his face, every mannerism, feel the emotion there, look into his soul. How do you feel? 

He doesn’t make me feel anything I don’t want to feel. When I look inside his soul, truly connect, I just see me. Are you asking me to judge him as being incomplete? That’d just make me feel incomplete because I can’t know anything more than what I interpret/perceive, judging him is judging myself. Sure I can assume but it’s only as true as I think it is  

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows You can't judge and really feel at the same time so no. It's not about the words a teacher uses, if you're only listening to what they say you'll never get the message, or worse you'll, believe it. Words don't make us feel. There's no complete without the incomplete. Just notice how some people seem to make you feel one way and others another, that's all.

Edited by mandyjw

@mandyjw I can resonate with anyone. Do you know what it means to resonate? 
(Or at least I like to think I can :ph34r:)

Edited by DrewNows

5 hours ago, mindcentral said:

Interesting contrast with Leo's recent video about self-love:

Thoughts?

@mindcentral Ken Wilber co-wrote a book Transformations of Consciousness where they studies people across the world, from different traditions, that were considered enlightened by spiritual adepts that know them. 

What he found is that the experience of enlightenment is NOT the same for everyone. It can be very different depending on the beliefs and assumptions of that tradition. Ralston's experience of awakening is going to be different than another awakened person that understands Absolute Love. Ralston's kind of awakening, along with much of Zen, can be very dry and "grey" with no connection with love, beauty, gratitude, etc, etc.

Remember that the fact that many enlightened people disagree on a variety of subjects just proves that enlightenment doesnt mean they still dont hold delusional beliefs. Enlightenment is a process that continues to be refined after the initial awakening, not a destination.

Edited by Matt8800

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

@mandyjw Great point. I certainly dont feel drawn to him. If he has love and joy, I cant tell.

3 hours ago, DrewNows said:

Is absolute love a feeling state or all feeling states? 

@DrewNows Love is not just a feeling. Drugs can induce the "feeling" of love. Real love is something much more and can exist without the presence of the feeling.

6 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@DrewNows Love is not just a feeling. Drugs can induce the "feeling" of love. Real love is something much more and can exist without the presence of the feeling.

Exactly. That’s why we don’t need to expect to catch an feelings from someone who’s teaching about Truth 

The distraction is the way, when you see it you laugh about how silly you were and then the moment you say "Now, I've got it!" it's a distraction again. 

Love topic starts at 9 mins in

Edited by Pullmyfinger
Spelling

@Leo Gura Do you know if Ralston suffered a lot during the way to his awakenings? Have you talked with him about that? I get the impression he didn't suffer much at all. He seems like one of those guys that live isolated getting completely obsessed with like studying a molecule for 20 years straight. It's just that his obsession happened to be consciousness.

It seems like a big trap that people get an awakening and seem like authorities on consciousness as a whole. Making them actually close down and unwilling to accept new facets and depths. But at the same time Ralston seem to have gone down very very deep and have been open to new layers, it's weird he didn't contemplate what love is. Ralston is a mindfuck to me. I guess he is just on the extreme end of the masculine scale. The feminine qualities seem to be creation, love and beauty. I think that's why all true artistic people have a very feminine elegance to them. 

Awakenings I think are as varied as the egoic structures which need dismantling to reveal/ return to the source. Commonalities will be there but so will nuances. Things may be non-dual but reintegration will reflect in some ways what had to be worked through as the process continues.

"IT" affirms ITSELF, and is utterly boundless.