mindcentral

Peter Ralston re: Love

67 posts in this topic

Interesting contrast with Leo's recent video about self-love:

Thoughts?

When your claim is "everybody else is wrong but me", then maybe there's a possibility you are the one that's wrong.

As great as Ralston is, he don't understand that Truth & Consciousness are Infinite Love.

Maybe it's because he's too autistic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

As great as Ralston is, he don't understand that Truth & Consciousness are Infinite Love.

How do you know he doesn't understand?

1 minute ago, iGhost said:

Hehe Leo's biased because of the differing values in meaning/interpretation imo 

9 minutes ago, iGhost said:

Because he dismisses love as a human emotion, not recognizing it as an Absolute.

Love is of course a human emotion, but it's also an Absolute. Which is a facet of awakening that he's missing.

Don't believe me. Find out for yourself what is Truth, what is Love, and see if they turn out to be one and the same. (They will).

All the greatest mystics have told you that God is love. Maybe they were right ;)

@Leo Gura Couldn't that just be your interpretation of how he chooses to bypass the "love trap" people so easily fall victim to by already having their own ideas of what love is and means...the love bandwagon :x9_9xD

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because he dismisses love as a human emotion, not recognizing it as an Absolute.

Love is of course a human emotion, but it's also an Absolute. Which is a facet of awakening that he's missing.

Don't believe me. Find out for yourself what is Truth, what is Love, and see if they turn out to be one and the same. (They will).

All the greatest mystics have told you that God is love. Maybe they were right ;)

Okay, thanks for the reply. I am a total unconscious noob as I never did psychedelics so I'm not biased. I watch both of you and I was just curious based on what you think he is flawed

Teachers like Ralston are necessary to get masculine truth-focused types to open their minds to the love realm in the first place. People who have fallen into the love trap are likely to be disgusted with him, or else if they are ready to move past it, intensely attracted to him in a love/hate opposites attract way until all that gets integrated. The grinch needs a Cindy Lou Who. 

I guess it doesn't make much sense to be mad at a math teacher for not teaching you art. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I guess it doesn't make much sense to be mad at a math teacher for not teaching you art.

unless of course we have expectations of mathematical art

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

The grinch needs a Cindy Lou Who. 

xD

25 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Leo Gura Couldn't that just be your interpretation of how he chooses to bypass the "love trap" people so easily fall victim to by already having their own ideas of what love is and means...the love bandwagon :x9_9xD

Of course I can't crawl inside his head and know with 100% accuracy how he uses the word love.

But Love is not a trap. To reduce it to that is a grave error.

People can fall victim to all sorts of traps in this work. There are many "truth traps", but that doesn't keep him from using the word Truth in reference to the Absolute.

Everyone doing this work starts with their own flawed ideas about what Truth, Love, God, Self, and Consciousness are. That's all par for the course. That doesn't mean we stop using those words. We need some words to speak of such facets. Those words are as good as we'll get. The error is not in the words but in the ego-minds who can't help but misunderstand them.

15 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Is absolute love a feeling state or all feeling states? 

Love = Truth = Being = Consciousness

There is only one substance of which the entire universe is made. That stuff is Love.

It is problematic that Ralston's work (his books) do not use the word "Love" basically at all. From my POV, that's a very serious omission. That would be like writing a cookbook that never mentions the word "salt".

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It is problematic that Ralston's work (his books) do not use the word "Love" basically at all. From my POV, that's a very serious omission. That would be like writing a cookbook that never mentions the word "salt".

Yeah, but what would that cook book make you want and think about more than anything else? Salt.

See the magic? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

When your claim is "everybody else is wrong but me", then maybe there's a possibility you are the one that's wrong.

Well, there is always that possibility, even if you don't claim that.

Also, it is possible to have an honest, non-ego influenced judgment that "you" [notice the significant quotation marks] are the best in/at something. Not because you need to be the best, but simply because in your own genuine estimation, you happen to be so. Hiding that view in that case would be false humility, which is hypocritical and disingenuous-- it would reveal a need to be seen in a certain light, being emotionally invested in others' opinions etc. I have a strong suspicion that when Ralston toots his own horn, it's not because of any ego-reason. That doesn't necessarily mean he's correct of course, that's a different matter.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

What do you mean exactly?

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It is problematic to your mental map that Ralston's work (his books) do not use the word "Love" basically at all.

The facets of Truth can be endless or infinite 

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But Love is not a trap. To reduce it to that is a grave error.

The trap lies in the defining, before the spiritual path everyone has already heard of love but most have not heard of Truth or Enlightenment or even Being

Edited by DrewNows

I might be completely wrong, but i think Leo's agenda is the one of a rat race. Don't know for sure though, don't care either. He knows his shit.

The important question to ask here IMO is why would this matter? My experience and intuition tells me that one cannot grasp external truths. Wasting time is all this is.

Look inside.

4 minutes ago, karkaore said:

I might be completely wrong, but i think Leo's agenda is the one of a rat race. Don't know for sure though, don't care either. He knows his shit.

The important question to ask here IMO is why would this matter? My experience and intuition tells me that one cannot grasp external truths. Wasting time is all this is.

Look inside.

Good point, i don't think Ralston want's anyone to believe him 

or should I say “think” that they can believe/trust him 

Edited by DrewNows

7 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

The facets of Truth can be endless or infinite 

The trap lies in the defining, before the spiritual path everyone has already heard of love but most have not heard of Truth or Enlightenment or even Being

Within the group of people who resonate with Leo's videos, love is more likely the facet that is being overlooked and underappreciated, the facet that's right under our nose but not seen, however if you take the population as a whole the misunderstanding of what love is and the lack of desire and regard for truth becomes a more common problem. 

That's why it's good to point out here on this forum that Ralston isn't talking about love. You can't look for completion in any teacher, you can't see the whole of someone without seeing what they aren't. 

@DrewNows You're not getting it. You're not conscious that love is an Absolute. No amount of talk or excuses is going to overcome this basic omission.

I am communicating a thing which you are refusing to understand because you assume it cannot be true. But you are simply wrong. Nothing personal. The mind is just a tricky beast. I am here to guide you towards realizing Love, no matter how much you deny it.