Bryanbrax

Man who claims to be enlightened

20 posts in this topic

Seen it. A perfect example of an enlightened ego. Enlightened just enough to be dangerous.

Nice video. It makes me wonder with internet and all enlightenment topic videos one can easily use  good keywords and phrases and copy  masters body postures and fake enlightenment. 

When people talk about chakras and energy going up and all i get a little sceptic i think i need to work on that.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

18 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Seen it. A perfect example of an enlightened ego. Enlightened just enough to be dangerous.

Is he really enlightened or is he acting like that. I think his smile is fake. Maybe i am wrong.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

10 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

They are all immersed in personalities and behavior. 

Can u explain a little more.

1 hour ago, Harikrishnan said:

Is he really enlightened or is he acting like that. I think his smile is fake. Maybe i am wrong.

Like I said it's his ego that's enlightened. An illusion in other words. A corruption of Truth.

It’s a spiritual version of a Jerry Springer Show. I was waiting for Dr. Phil to bring out the guy’s psychic mistress. 

this just goes to show enlightenment can be all fun and games until someone gets hurt...all right kids play time is over 

@Bryanbrax That is seeing the ox's tail and believing it's the whole ox. The ego isn't completely dissolved and is reconstructed around the experience. It's common but this is quite an extreme case.

6 hours ago, Bryanbrax said:

This might help some of you

Very insightful

Oh god, what a cringe festival.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

There's no mystery here.

You can have total understanding of life's greatest metaphysical questions but not necessarily have it reflected in your outward behavior. What he means when he says, "I have all the answers" is existential answers, not survival answers. Existential answers do not requires any outward behaviors. You can have many existential answers but still be an asshole.

The mistake here is conflating awakening itself with transformation of the mind, body, and human self. Having awakenings is relatively easy while changing the structures and habits of the mind is much harder and takes a long time of sustained practice.

Also, nothing about awakening requires the guy to stay with his wife and family, or conform to any other kind of social expectations. They are projecting those expectations onto him. The expectations of how an enlightened person ought to behave. Nothing says that an enlightened person ought to act nice towards you.

The problem here is conflating issues of Absolute Truth with survival. Just because you are conscious of Absolute Truth does not mean you'll be good at managing money or family. Nor does it even mean you will feel positive. These are all separate issues.

One of things awakening tends to do is make one uninterested in mundane survival issues. As they are seen to be trivial.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Don't fall for the same illusion when making predictions (trump will win).

@AlphaAbundance You thought wrong. Ego wants positivity and pleasure and good mood. All of that is conditional and fleeting and leads to suffering and self-deception.

You cannot become happy by chasing positive mood. Chasing positive mood leads to suffering.

The paradox is this: if you want to be happy, you have to stop caring whether you are happy or not.

3 minutes ago, tenta said:

Don't fall for the same illusion when making predictions (trump will win).

My political predictions are not infallible and they do not hinge on the Absolute. They are relativistic predictions.

It would be idiotic to claim that I know with 100% certainty what will happen in 2020 because I had some awakenings. And of course I never made such claims.

You have to be very careful to separate the relative and absolute domains.

Speeding from the 4th to the 7th chakras.

Cosmic speeding ticket- issued.

12 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Can u explain a little more.

They are all immersed in personalities and outward behavior. Immersed in how an enlightened person should act. "Me this, she that, him this, you that. He should provide for his wife and listen to her. He makes me upset. She doesn't understand". And on and on. All within personal stories and how things should be. There is transcendence to that. 

22 minutes ago, Corpus said:

Speeding from the 4th to the 7th chakras.

Cosmic speeding ticket- issued.

? love it 

the devil ? lies in misunderstanding 

Guy looks nice to be honest.

But enlightened or not, saying you are enlightened will tend to have a lot of consequences.

If you're actually enlightened maybe wait at least a few years, for obvious reasons.

And people also often think they are enlightened after a first glimps/energy awakenings.