Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IChoseTheRedPill

I was a Republican

14 posts in this topic

Yes... That's right, I was a Republican and doing very well in this world... Why I really don't know because I had no problem with the social safety net... That probably had a lot to do with the fact that I grew up in a very poor household... I was a fair student in grade and high school eventually going on to get an associates degree in mechanical engineering... I decided to go to trade school for HVAC/R instead of continuing my college education which turned out to be the best decision of my life... I've owned my own HVAC/R business and sold my share to my partner... I worked for the best company in the world (Trane) in the industrial and heavy commercial HVAC/R sector as a service engineer... I had a beautiful wife and two incredible children, the house, the cars, the freedom to do anything, all kinds of cool shit and then I became disabled and everything but the family eventually began to fall apart... Now keep in mind, I was a Republican but I believed in helping others... Talk about a walking and talking oxymoron... A compassionate republican? I switched parties fast once I became the proverbial have not after awhile... I have no legitimate excuse for voting republican (most times) but here's the thing, even though things have pulled themselves together I have come to the conclusion (it happened awhile ago)  that both parties suck ALMOST equally hard... Sure on the surface the Democrats seem the better choice as far as social programs go but the truth is, not really... They are as equal a corporate whore as any republican... I didn't realize back then when the supreme court recognized a corporation was an individual and a dollar was free speech what real impact that would have on our society and culture... Reader... Did You know that the U.S. is a legal corporation and not country? Research everything you can about "The Act of 1871" not just what it says about the District of Columbia... Both parties behave the way they do because of this fact... Neither party really has a moments thought about you, our elected officials are interested in one thing, and that's getting reelected... They'll do or more often then not say just enough of what's needed to get your vote... We support Israel... Did You know our tax dollars go to subsidizing free education and healthcare in Israel? Am I angry we gave Israel money? Yes and no but my point is that Israel and and many other nations have free education and healthcare but they tell us that it can't work here... That pisses me the f**k off... I'm sorry...

1 hour ago, IChoseTheRedPill said:

Yes... That's right, I was a Republican and doing very well in this world...

Im sure there are many republicans on this forum. Its not a sin to be one.

@Hansu  For me, it is now... Living on the other side of the tracks opened my eyes to what is wrong with our society... For the record, I'm not a democrat either... They don't care about us... They serve their own masters too and they'll tell us what we want to hear as long as it's convenient for them... As I've already pointed out, the U.S. is literally a corporation... It's why our drug prices are high, it's why socialized medicine "will never work here", It's why free education will never materialize, it's why corporate and billionaires taxes have been lowered, it's why our military is involved in wars for billionaires and business, It's why corporations are people too, it's why money is free speech, it's why the Fed pumped over a trillion dollars into "the system" this past month, it's why we're told the stock market is a direct reflection of our economy when it's not, it's why we only have a two party system, it's why mainstream right and left wing media spoon feed us bullshit to hypnotize us into hating one another, keeping us oblivious to what's really happening... Our government is owned... We think we're free because they call us patriots while 40,000 U.S. Vets remain homeless... When they do their deals they'll say "This is for the American people!!!" or "The American people demand this or that!!!" while all the while they're sucking off rich assholes for campaign donations... China ate our lunch... This is a fact... The U.S. dollar will no longer be the worlds reserve currency... That is a fact... That's when the shit hits the proverbial fan... But out of the ashes a social system can emerge because we may no longer be needed to do the worlds dirty work... Take care man...

Your analysis lacks nuance. Both parties are not at all the same and are not equally corrupt.

Also, most politicians care about a lot more than getting reelected. They work hard to create the best government they know how to create.

It's easy to make simplistic and naive critiques without having lifted a finger to actually create a good government.

You may have escaped the trap of being a Republican, but you've now fallen into another. It takes a lot of careful study and contemplation to start to understand how government and politics work. Careful acting like a know-it-all in this domain. You have years of learning ahead of you.

There is a lot more to creating good government than picking one of two sides, or picking no side.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  I'm guessing You meant nuance... I'm involved in politics in ways that fit my life... I supported Bernie, Alexandria and now Bernie again... I support drug legalization and psychedelic research... I spent my Thanksgiving helping to feed about 400 poor and homeless in my community but I digress... You don't know me... Politics are nowhere near as nuanced as You're suggesting... There's nothing delicate or innocent about U.S. politics... I'm sorry... I respect a number of political critics but if I was forced to pick just one it'd be Chris Hedges and truthdig hands down... If You don't know who he is, check him out, based on some of your vids you might enjoy him... Be careful, you don't know how far I've come, how far I've traveled just to make it where I am now... Do I have more to learn? Yes, we al do... That is the nature of the path as Thay would say... I am not going to judge myself on how far you think you've come... There's this dynamic going on now, where you have suddenly become my reference point... Do I measure up... That's not a question... I'm not an intellectual like some here may be, this may be true but trust me, I belong to several other forums, this place doesn't scare me at all... When I'm forced to make a political choice it generally pains me to give in and vote democrat, but I do... I hate it, but I do... You see politics in black and white... I say this based on your defense of one party over another, that they're not almost as equally corrupt... There's a hard and a soft, a yin and yang, light and dark, a male and female as they say... I see it in terms of black and dark shades of grey... I'm not challenging you, especially in your own forum but don't assume you know me by one political post... I have years of learning ahead of me? Again, by whose standards? Yours obviously since we're dealing with your idea of me... I don't have years, if this is what it's going to take me then maybe I need to focus my energies elsewhere...

@IChoseTheRedPill Be here to learn. There are dynamics at play which you are nowhere near conscious of yet.

@IChoseTheRedPill Have you watched my 4 part series on Conscious Politics? Have you watched my 5 part series on Spiral Dynamics? How about my video on Understanding Corruption? If not, those are a must-watch.

And I will have more political videos in the future.

@IChoseTheRedPill Politics will always stay corrupt, some more than others. It's also much more complicated than people realize. I myself believe that left wing parties nowadays are generally more harmfull than rightwing, but again there is allot of nuance in that. The biggest thing we al should realize is that politicy will alwasy f*ck things up. Big civilizations have been collapsing in the past and they will be collapsing in the future. The only thing we can and should do is adapting to the situation. 

@Leo Gura  I have finally finished watching all of the videos You recommended... Thank You... Sorry it took so long... I also watched Your video on why this can't be a simulation this morning... I've watched well over a dozen videos and read several books explaining the theory and the only thing that happened was my head would spin... Not one bit of it made any sense to me... Because the great Elon says it's so, doesn't make it so, I'm sorry... Some of my friends are like "But You don't understand!!! The universe itself is a grid simulation!!!" No, I understand that there's nothing here to understand, is what I understand... Anyway, Happy Holidays...

On 12/12/2019 at 0:09 AM, Leo Gura said:

Your analysis lacks nuance. Both parties are not at all the same and are not equally corrupt.

Are you saying this because Democrats receive less money from the same people that fund Republicans?

7 hours ago, Bno said:

Are you saying this because Democrats receive less money from the same people that fund Republicans?

I doubt Leo is aware of this - I am afraid that it's just his own personal bias. 

I been reading your posts and you seem to be one of the few who really sees things for how they are.

@whoareyou Thank you. I apply Leo's teachings of consciousness and spirituality to the politics I keep up with all day long. I think Leo spends more time doing spiritual work outside of politics, which is why he doesn't catch a lot of root problems and falls for a lot of mainstream media and mainstream media-lite (TYT, Sam Sedar and the like) traps. 

Edited by Bno