Existence

Reality subjective?

27 posts in this topic

What the f@#k means that reality is a subjective experience? Does "I'm not experiencing something" means, that thing don't exist in reality?

Lets try a little thought experiment.

whoever you are, one thing you can't disagree is that you are reading this thing right now. And therefore, you would also have to agree that, you exist. If you look around, you become aware of the world around you, things are happening around you. And referencing your direct experience, you/we can say that those things/the world exist. And the whole time, I'm not directly experiencing those.  That seems like reality exists without my direct experience.

Show me how the opposite is true.

Edited by Existence

With more meditation, thoughts will slow down, and you will be able to see what's truly going on.

37 minutes ago, Existence said:

Show me how the opposite is true.

There is a lot to explore about the content of your ideas. I'd like to mention an observations about its structure. 

The mind is conditioned to think in opposites - such that there are two opposites and one must be true and the other must be false. In terms of this structure, the content of the question is irrelevant. We could be discussing whether there is an objective external reality, whether free will exists or whether a turkey sandwich is yummy. The underlying structure is that there are two opposites and one must be true and the other false. This is a contracted mindset. Once this mindset is transcended a new expansive world of exploration opens up. 

Keep in mind that realizing the opposite side is true does not mean that the original side is false. 

@Existence It means that you’ve never experienced anything outside your own experience. 

Every person you meet is an image rendered in your mind. Does that mean they’re not real? No, not necessarily. Subjective doesn’t mean nonexistent. Your thoughts are subjective but they exist. 

@Synchronicity

You are saying that i don't experience anything outside of my experience. And things outside my experience exist without needing myself being aware of that.  But leo sometimes says that the world doesn't exist without someone experiencing that. And the world would not continue existing after my death.(as though there are nobody eles real but me)

This subjective-objective theory really confuses me.

8 minutes ago, Existence said:

@Synchronicity

You are saying that i don't experience anything outside of my experience. And things outside my experience exist without needing myself being aware of that.  But leo sometimes says that the world doesn't exist without someone experiencing that. And the world would not continue existing after my death.(as though there are nobody eles real but me)

This subjective-objective theory really confuses me.

The thought "things exist without me experiencing them" is a nothing more than a thought. Your notion of the world existing without you there to experience it is a concept, a representation of something but not the thing itself. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

On the lotus sits Brahma, the creator. Brahma opens his eyes, and a world comes into being,

- You are Brahma the creator.

29 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

It means You are Brahma

When i open my eyes a new world comes into being? 

7 minutes ago, Existence said:

When i open my eyes a new world comes into being? 

It could if one were to truly first close their eyes. The thing is when most ppl close their eyes they continue to hold the world in it's place.

44 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

- You are Brahma the creator.

You are the creator, I'm the creator as much as somebody else is. On the other hand we know there is only ONE creator. Who is the right one?

11 hours ago, Existence said:

.That seems like reality exists without my direct experience.

Before we go on...what is your current worldview?  Is it the materialist paradigm? It's fine if it is...it will just be hard to make sense of it if you subscribe to the materialist paradigm.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

31 minutes ago, Existence said:

You are the creator, I'm the creator as much as somebody else is. On the other hand we know there is only ONE creator. Who is the right one?

@Existence The One creator through freedom of pure Love selflessly gives way to the many.

Subject/object is a duality. The ultimate nature of reality cannot be understood via that distinction, or any other distinction.

See my video: What Is Perception?

"Experience" is already a dualistic, biased notion. Strictly speaking experience does not occur because there is no experiencer.

There is no reality or world outside of one's imagination. You imagined your birth and you imagine your death.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hope i didn't put you on the spot..didn't mean to - maybe a simple answer is - yes it does - but it exists as Absolute Infinity - or pure potential, meaning every possibility that could possibly be.  This is pure Being / Infinite Love, isness, Pure formlessness. Pure consciousness.

Reality is an infinite mind :)?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1

I think I'm stuck at the materialist paradigm.

14 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

it exists as Absolute Infinity - or pure potential, meaning every possibility that could possibly be.  This is pure Being / Infinite Love, etc.  Pure formlessness.

Reality is an infinite mind :)?

I'm getting an intuitive feeling that this could be possible. But truly speaking, I'm unable to make sense what this means logically. I hope my comprehension ability would improve in the future.

6 minutes ago, Existence said:

@Inliytened1

I think I'm stuck at the materialist paradigm.

I'm getting an intuitive feeling that this could be possible. But truly speaking, I'm unable to make sense what this means logically. I hope my comprehension ability would improve in the future.

?❤  Let your intuition guide you because ultimately to transcend the materialist paradigm you won't do it with logic or comprehension.   You'll get a direct hit of isness one day and be like "holy fuck!"  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Existence This is universal Truth.

Reality outside your knowing is none of your business. 

Hence do not make assumptions. 

Thereistruthineverything

(Me telling you not to make assumption is me denying your truth haha. But also I can tell you whatever I want. This is my reality).

If you asked about something, that means you know it. Whatever that is. You can't ask something that which you didn't know. For you wouldn't know what you didn't know. It will require observations. That's the only way you learn what you didn't know. 

You don't have to speak a language in order to learn it. Listening will do. 

Faith : is believing in your Creator even if you can't see Him. Can you do that on your own? No. It is a gift from the Most Merciful?

Okbye