undeather

12 Suggestions for Life - An Antidote to Spiritual Bull****ting

6 posts in this topic

About 6 years ago, I came across Leo & Actualized.org. This bald guy and his kinda small youtube-channel, just love at first sight I guess. Little did I know that this scrawny man in his black T-shirt will change the way I looked at things forever. Was it first for those self development content he put out, he later took me on the ride into this beautiful abyss called spirituality. He fed me the red pill. What this means in particular does not really matter. All that matters is what I learned about this community, enlightenment itself and the ridiculous tumors it sometimes gives birth to. It seems to me, that the spiritual journey, is the purest of all hero journeys. What that means though, is that at the end, only a few courageous warriors will gain the real treasure, whilst well over 90% get lost in the swamps and come out worse than they got in. Sounds pessimistic? Well, maybe it does. But I have seen so much bullshit and so little real advice in this community, its not even funny anymore. Most spiritual masters/people lack nuance on every level. Leo, is definitely one of the better ones and thats why I decided to put this here. 

So who am I to say such brave things? Who am I to dare to question the advice of the enlightened ones?  It doesn't really matter. Take the message, ignore the messenger. This is what I wanted to hear when I was stuck. If you can look at things just the way they are, you will come to the same conclusions. Some of you will hate what I have to say, others will like it. This is not about the denial of absolute truth or any other spiritual axiom that is known the be true since millennia. This is about the advice I see popping up basically everywhere in this community, presented in the typical blind leading the blind fashion.

Because of all that, I decided to put something out. Something that counteracts so much of the nonsense I read on this boards everyday. This is it.
Inspired by Jamie Wheal, Ken Wilber, and many others, including my experiences/insights in the last 6 years, here are 12 suggestions for life, an antidote to spiritual bullshitting. If you are a new or intermediate seeker, I highly suggest you to take a hard look at those. Please note that I deliberately used the word "suggestion" instead of "rule". Many points are comming from a highly nuanced perspective and not from any absolute standpoint. You might have an allergic reaction to some things mentioned, and thats perfectly fine. Dont be dumb, think a bit. Thanks!

1) Do the obvious
Take all the "biohacking" and "personal optimization" off the table. We literally do so much crazy shit to "enhance our life", yet we most often forget to do the basic stuff. This is the bottom of the pyramid. If you dont have these one in order, your lifes quality will drastically suffer. We tend to forget that taking care of our meatsuit is a crucial basic fundament for any possible growth. So fuck your crossfit, fuck your perfectly balanced diet, fuck your bulletproof-bullshit or Ben Greenfield idiocracy - KEEP IT SIMPLE. DO THE BASICS. 

-Sleep deeply 
-Move often
-Get outside (sunshine/water/trees/fresh air)
-Eat real food ("mostly plants, not too much"- Michael Pollan)
-Bathe regularly (Daily hygiene is a no-brainer - this is more about hot/cold - sauna/icebath. 
-Make and play music
-BREATHE (Our life is only as good as our breathing! This is so often dismissed and not really talked about, yet so crucial.)
-Grieve FULLY (weep, dont whimper!!)
-Make love 
-Have meaningful human relationships
-Be grateful

2) Dont do stupid shit
We have unprecedented access to the world's most potent ecstatic technologies. They always used to be tightly controlled and connected with strict rituals & rules, yet it seems like that our narcissistic, dumb western culture is about to fuck it up for the rest of us. It really grinds my gear when I see people smoke 5-MeO-DMT at a psytrance-festival. How dumb can you be? Use those tools in a respectful and appropriate manner. Dont chase for the highs and the next ecstasy. Integrate what you have learned and keep your hands away from it for some time. This is why discipline is such an important thing in your spiritual journey. 

Dont end up in a: Cult, Body Bag, Jail Cell, Rehab or Looney Bin! 

3) Let the mystery stay the mystery
Dont presume to map the infinite.
If you every checked the accounts of the deepest mystic you will recognize really fast that NONE OF THEM MATCH UP! The reason for that is beacuse every attept is mediated by humans and the prisonhouse of language. Let the mysery stay the mystery. Share your perspective but realize that its just a perspective, not more, not less. When you think you have the answer, you stop seeking - Instead, plant a garden where mystery and strange plants bloom. 

4) Fuck your journey
"Love Keeps No Record of Wrong" - St. Paul

Whatever gets us to the Deep Now is both redeemed as an essential part of our path and utterly irrelavant campared to the exquisite quality of the Moment we are blessed to share. Show us how much you have grown, but please, dear God, stop telling us! Stop being a epiphanywhore. 

5) Do the hard thing
"If you have got to eat two frogs in a day, eat the ugliest one first" - Mark Twain

We all kinda know what we have to do, but we usually dont do it. Do the hard thing and rest of life becomes easier! 
Do what inherently scares you! Ask that girl out, create that business, go to that vipassana retreat, take that psychodelic (CAVE: see suggestion 2)
Stoicism is a great framework for helping with that kind of issue. 

BTW: Can anyone make a petition to bring the old Leo thumbnails back?

6) Never lose the One
You can go anywhere you want, and think anything you want, as long as you can reverse your steps and make it back to the last known point of consensus reality - the One. So get funky, tweak it out, freak freely, but be sure to stick the landing. This is such an important point, yet so rarely mentioned. I have seen people getting lost in the spiritual domain, never to be found again. Always put down your string when you enter the labyrinth. 

7) Its not that either
No matter how dazzling your latest breakthrough, "download" or insight, its still only a piece of the puzzle.
It may be lowercase "t" true, but the second you assert it's uppercase Capital "T" TRUE, it's become false, just by overstating the claim.
You can no more become fully enlightened than you can become fully educated. Take the insights for what/all that they are and KEEP going! 

If you have found the answer, you didnt. 

8) Dont build on a weak fundament
Honestly, if you are at a low point in your life, then this is not the the right time to start a spiritual path. Its not. Everyone who says so and doesn't tell you about the dangers/difficulties that come with going on this journey is lying to you or has no real knowledge about it. Its basically sending a soldier who suffers from PTSD back into the war zone. Dont listen to anyone that who tells you otherwise. Most often you don't really know what your psyche can bare and what will trigger a heavy psychosis. If you are in a deep depression right now or have any other psychological/physiological difficulties, give yourself at least 5 years to fix them. It doesnt mean that you cant use tools out of the high conciousness toolbox. Psychodelics, after all, are propably the best thing to battle depression with, right now (in the right setting of course). Just be careful and take care of your needs. Take Maslows hierachy of needs as orientation. Maybe your lack of sexual intercourse is going to bite you in the ass later, you never know. Build on a strong fundament and you will be far more likely to succeed. This is so freaking important, yet talked about so rarely. 

9) Be from this world,, but not of it
Do you live in unity with everything? Maybe after some DMT or heroic dose of mushrooms - but not now.
Life can be difficult and cruel. No conceptual philosophizing about how "good and evil" don't really exist will help you with that (Even though its valid from an absolute perspctive). You cant talk yourself out of a depressive episode. If your best friends dies, you will be fucking sad. Yes, this is a movie and you are the thing, that light and the projector itself. But as long as you just know this on a conceptional level, with a glimpse of "being" the projector light here and there, it wont change much. Its true for almost all people who will read this: You will remain in a relative world for 99,999% of your time. So yes, improve your consciousness. Take the psychodelics. Meditate. Do some weird astral projection shit. But don't forget that there are situations where you act from absolute and other where a relative perspective is the way to go. Its a paradox, understand and embrace it.

10) Wake up, grow up, show up

SHOW- UP:

"Barefooted and naked of breast,
I mingle with the people of the world.
My clothes are ragged and dust-laden,
and I am ever blissful.
I use no magic to extend my life;
Now, before me, the dead trees
become alive." - 10th Ox Herding picture

Oxherding_pictures,_No._10.jpg

11) Play
Go out there and play this game. Its all about the game.
Use spirituality to enhance the experience. Become the player, not the character.
Dont let anybody tell you what "low conciousness thing" you better shouldnt do.

Experience life fully & conciously. 

Follow your desires but realise them for what they are. 

12) "Above All, Be Kind"
Dying words of Aldous Huxley, famed philosopher and man of letters, while holdind the hands of his soul mate Laura (under influence of 200 mcg of Sandoz LSD 25). If its good enough for Aldous, its good enough for us. After all, if we skip this part, does any of the rest really matter?

Love,
undeather

PS: 
Thanks again Jamie Wheal for your amazing teachings (Some points directly taken from him)
https://www.flowgenomeproject.com/

Thanks Rebel wisdom for giving that guy a platform
https://www.rebelwisdom.co.uk/

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

@undeather Good suggestions, I like your no bullshit approach. So many of us get lost when we begin to seek. We loose what is really important, what's in front of us - life itself. To enjoy what we have, to enjoy what is around us and who we are is all. Thank you ? 

Awesome shit man, I love how you mentioned the practical side which many miss, and that's something for if I eventually become a teacher working with people I will always emphasise, as even after having awakenings I've realized the importance of the ordinary, actually the ordinary has become extraordinary but that's for another day. 

Things like Nutrition, Health, Fitness, Business, Relationships etc are also important and fucking great, I think for us westerners a 'Tantric' path that involves life is perfect. By Tantra I don't mean wild orgies but LIFE and embracing LIFE and enjoying every moment of it. Of course a basis of being a loving and kind person is essential for this, but I'm kinda taking that for granted. 

Also love the point of the 'don't do that cos it's low consciousness' if you want to go have friends with your mates and have a few drinks from time to time, or love playing a sport, you fucking should and enjoy it, this whole 'low consciousness' dig doesn't sit well with me at all if I'm honest. 

I disagree on certain aspects regarding 'Finishing' Spiritually, imo there's an end to 'seeking' and what begins is a love long expansion of deepening of rest in the absolute, and expanding our love, and of course doing our individual work. To me live only begins at this point, as once you live as The Absolute through this human, everything only becomes more sweet, even though the world doesn't actually exist and is The Self, what a paradox we live in- it's awesome.

You seem like someone I'd get on with well, who wants to cut through a lot of the bullshit we see in this Non-Duality community (not just here) This is it, life is fucking amazing and should be lived to the full to each of our own desires.

Awesome post. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Great points, especially 3 4 7 and 9. Which points did you get from Jamie Wheal? What spiritual teachers do you listen to?

On 11/12/2019 at 6:42 AM, undeather said:

Some of you will hate what I have to say, others will like it.

Whether someone likes or hates your message has nothing to do with truth. In most cases its got to do with whether their bullshit belief system resonates with what you say. After all, they use their paradigm to judge how true what you say is. So in a way, what others say is pointless.

Despite this, kudos for the post. 

On 12/10/2019 at 2:42 PM, undeather said:

Sleep deeply 
-Move often
-Get outside (sunshine/water/trees/fresh air)
-Eat real food ("mostly plants, not too much"- Michael Pollan)
-Bathe regularly (Daily hygiene is a no-brainer - this is more about hot/cold - sauna/icebath. 
-Make and play music
-BREATHE (Our life is only as good as our breathing! This is so often dismissed and not really talked about, yet so crucial.)
-Grieve FULLY (weep, dont whimper!!)
-Make love 
-Have meaningful human relationships
-Be grateful

Great post. Loved this especially. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE