Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Don

As we find out what reality is and how it works, then what?

9 posts in this topic

Hello.

Let's say we get to understand what reality is and how it works, then what comes next?

In my case, I don't think I fully understand what reality is and how it works but I have the context of what's behind it because I've been watching all of @Leo Gura's videos related to God, spirituality and, of course, the undeniable fact of reality. Since we're conscious, existence is real. I get it.

Now that I've said that, I have a few questions that stem from reasoning.

How is it possible for God to exist?

What is it exactly that led to God's existence? You can't simply say a paradox. A paradox isn't the truth. Or if paradox can be described as the truth, that's an incomplete truth; an unsolved puzzle.

Is there something beyond God? Is there a structure that's behind consciousness? Then what hides behind that structure? This leads to a paradox because we can ask infinite questions about 'behinds' and structures.

The fact that we're refusing to answer such questions because we trust in paradox is wrong. Shouldn't we be interested in answering the question that led to the core of existence? We get to understand God but we don't seek to go beyond God's paradox and ask why, who, and what exactly led to the creation of God.

Shouldn't we try to get beyond paradox?

Edited by The Don

Me on the road less traveled.

Let's just say for the sake of argument, it is a paradox. Reality/God is paradoxical. Why would this be a problem? 

Asking questions about who created what always leads to an infinite regress. At some point you have to accept that there’s no beginning and that there’s some fundamental nature that’s just always existed. Even if you think there was a beginning from nothing, it still inevitably leads to this infinite regress because what caused that creation? 

12 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Why would this be a problem?

Okay. I understand the question but I don't think that paradox is something that's satisfying for God.

Can God be satisfied with the paradoxical nature of consciousness?

Me on the road less traveled.

@The Don Infinity ultimately leads to paradox.  It must because it is one infinite singularity - meaning it is already everything and nothing.  It's without limitation and groundless.

It's sooo everything that it circles around to simultaneously being nothing.

Everything and nothing become indistinguishable.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, The Don said:

Okay. I understand the question but I don't think that paradox is something that's satisfying for God.

Can God be satisfied with the paradoxical nature of consciousness?

It feels like maybe that's a human centered projection onto God? Like... why would it be satisfying or unsatisfying? How could I, as a human, know what satisfies God or doesn't? 

And from direct experience... even my own existence as a human is a paradox, more specifically a strange loop. Look into "I am a Strange Loop" by Douglas Hofstadter. So if the existence of myself, as an individual, is a paradox, being totally self referential and grounded in absolutely nothing... why couldn't reality/consciousness be the same way? If God can be satisfied with the egoic self being a paradox, what would make God dissatisfied with consciousness being another paradox/paradoxical? 

28 minutes ago, The Don said:

How is it possible for God to exist?

What is it exactly that led to God's existence? You can't simply say a paradox. A paradox isn't the truth. Or if paradox can be described as the truth, that's an incomplete truth; an unsolved puzzle.

It's only a paradox because words can't the describe the infinite. The experience of infinity is not paradoxical

28 minutes ago, The Don said:

Is there something beyond God? Is there a structure that's behind consciousness? Then what hides behind that structure? This leads to a paradox because we can ask infinite questions about 'behinds' and structures.

The fact that we're refusing to answer such questions because we trust in paradox is wrong. Shouldn't we be interested in answering the question that led to the core of existence? We get to understand God but we don't seek to go beyond God's paradox and ask why, who, and what exactly led to the creation of God.

Shouldn't we try to get beyond paradox?

If there were something behind infinity would it then be infinite?

The question lies within the mind and the answer is beyond mind.

Edited by WelcometoReality

The reason I'm asking all of these follow-up questions is that it feels like the best approach towards understanding God is though radical open-mindedness, which would include the possibility of paradoxes being the nature of reality, in some way shape or form. I think the fact that you're contemplating this is great though, it's a really powerful and interesting approach towards understanding reality. I think so at least...

Paradoxes are weird. One of my favorites is, "This sentence is false." xD

Edited by Consilience

Then you just live in infinite love and enjoy life. infinite love/god includes everything, so nothing is beyond it because everything beyond it, is itself. All experiences are created through infinite love/god. Existence itself is infinite love, non-existence is also infinite love/god.