Annoynymous

If Enlightenment can not help my life get straight, why pursue it?

51 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

because i want to feel

@Dylan Page 

The belief set of being a human, a separate individual self, surviving, is suffering. Imagine living your life, completely believing you are an ant. Thinking like an ant, feeling like an ant, creating like an ant, relating like an ant, fearing like an ant, loving like an ant. If you were a human, this ant story / living would be an enormous limitation, yes? 

@The Don Possibly the sneakiest I’ve seen yet, ?.

@Arthur ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

14 hours ago, Jonac said:

@Leo Gura You, leo sir, are aproaching a very hardcore mode of teachings lately.

More business and cooking videos!  :P

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

On 11/12/2019 at 3:29 AM, Markus said:

@Annoynymous Ultimately we want enlightenment to escape suffering. So we project onto it the absence of whatever we think is causing our suffering.

That was a good point. Are you from sweden

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 12/11/2019 at 0:47 AM, Leo Gura said:

Your life sucks to the extent that it is about survival. No lasting happiness can be found in survival. Survival is constant suffering and dissatisfaction.

Okay, @Leo Gura.

But how can I integrate this concept without getting depressed?

A concept like this is making me extremely depressed. And it's not just a minimal depression. It's a harsh one.

It's a deep suicidal depression where everything gets dark. It's like The Dark Night of the Soul.

Can I integrate your concept and live in inner peace, without depression? That's all I need to know.

Me on the road less traveled.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:24 PM, Dylan Page said:

@Leo Gura so why survive if survival is miserable? 

What choice do you have? You fear death so your only option is to play the game of survival.

If you had the balls and wisdom to face your own death, you'd transcend the illusion of birth/death and survival, and life would become effortless.

There is no reason whatsoever to survive. You are free not to survive if you want.

47 minutes ago, The Don said:

Okay, @Leo Gura.

But how can I integrate this concept without getting depressed?

A concept like this is making me extremely depressed. And it's not just a minimal depression. It's a harsh one.

It's a deep suicidal depression where everything gets dark. It's like The Dark Night of the Soul.

Can I integrate your concept and live in inner peace, without depression? That's all I need to know.

The ego cannot integrate this. Awakening to the Truth is required.

Sounds like you're not ready for this work of awakening. You might just want to pursue success and basic personal development for now. The pursuit of awakening requires serious passion for Truth and emotional maturity. If truth is making you depressed, this work is not for you. You should be excited that life has no meaning or purpose. You should be excited that reality is an illusion. You need a LOVE for truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You should be excited that life has no meaning or purpose. You should be excited that reality is an illusion. You need a LOVE for truth.

I'm trying to grasp what you're saying.

The human form cannot live without meaning or purpose. Or can it? I don't know. It's still confusing to me.

And I want to ask you when was the last time when you were depressed? Did you integrate this concept succesfully without getting depressed?

Me on the road less traveled.

5 minutes ago, The Don said:

And I want to ask you when was the last time when you were depressed? Did you integrate this concept succesfully without getting depressed?

Depends on how you define "depression". Technically depression is a severe negative mood which lasts continuously for 3-6 months. By this definition I've never been depressed.

But do I sometimes experience a few days of sadness or negativity or frustration with life? Of course! This is normal. And it will happen more often if you go deep into self-inquiry / meditation.

Meaning and purpose is something you create. That's all. No big deal. You can have it and be conscious that you are creating it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Become aware of the reality of emotions and let go of the ones that don't serve you. Don't waste a moment on making life heavy and dark, when really its so light, so simple and inspiring. Depression is hard to overcome, especially when its become a normal way of thinking.

You can't heal Depression by focusing on Enlightenment, just as you can't become Enlightened by focusing on Depression. 

Heal Internally, and let the world flow into you. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You should be excited that life has no meaning or purpose. You should be excited that reality is an illusion. You need a LOVE for truth.

If life has no meaning or purpose what's this?  >>

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
JSeTfIxA_o.png

kcpvJPdx_o.png

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You should be excited that reality is an illusion. You need a LOVE for truth.

If reality is an illusion so is truth

It would be nice if your self actualization program dovetailed with your enlightenment program but it can't because the aims are different.   There are some people purported to be enlightened and have successful "careers"  as  spiritual teachers.
However to become enlightened you cannot cling to the idea of a career in any way and you have to be willing to sacrifice everything if necessary.   Having a career much less a "dream career" is an attachment.  Maybe there are some people out there that appear to have it both ways but that is an accident, if not people clever with words and marketing
If you want to experience you will have to give up everything. 
I don't expect you to it is a hard and dangerous road and America is quite conducive to it. 
Your started out in this self help "dream career" /pick up mode. No one will take your enlightenment talk seriously enough while you maintain that earlier self improvement mode  and the same time talking about no self.     That is not to say do away with that.    It is to say you will come to a point where you will have to do away with one or the other.   You haven't reached permanent enlightenment because you don't want to give up the career you have carved out for yourself.   I don't blame you because hard sacrifices would have to be made.