Annoynymous

If Enlightenment can not help my life get straight, why pursue it?

51 posts in this topic

There's absolutely no reasons:)

Sailing on the ceiling 

The only thing unstraight about your life is that you think you are real or important.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Annoynymous Ultimately we want enlightenment to escape suffering. So we project onto it the absence of whatever we think is causing our suffering.

54 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@Leo Gura well i feel real and important to me :/

Oh the tragedy!

4 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

anxiety, worry, depression, trauma, low self esteem

There is suffering in the world. 

The suffering is in the content of thoughts about; past, future, “self”. 

There is no suffering in the world. 

Choose thoughts wisely (based on how they feel). 

You are the world of which you thought the suffering was in.

Take a minute now, and look for the past and future. Where are they? What are they? 

Thought, arising now. Only thoughts. 

There is no “past”, and there is no “future”. 

The thought about “your self”, “yourself” in the “past”, “yourself” in the “future”...are simply thoughts, arising now. 

No more. No less. 

Enlightenment is the most plain, ordinary, uneventful actuality. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 minutes ago, Jonac said:

@Leo Gura You, leo sir, are aproaching a very hardcore mode of teachings lately.

Lately?

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Lately?

Yes, I´ve seen some of his replies lately to people searching for help, and some are pretty aggresive replies. 

I think he has to develop a more compassionate way of answers.

Try to expand your sense of "I"ness. You are not the thoughts themselves. So even if you have the thought, "I am real", this is just a thought and it distracts you from the higher Self, which is the I that experiences the thoughts. 

You are the silence before, in-between, and after the thought, "I am real" 

Edited by SgtPepper

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The only thing unstraight about your life is that you think you are real or important.

After you think you're not real and unimportant, what do we do?

How can we ensure a system that sustains humanity?

Morality is of use for humanity.

Me on the road less traveled.

12 minutes ago, The Don said:

After you think you're not real and unimportant, what do we do?

How can we ensure a system that sustains humanity?

Morality is of use for humanity.

Stop thinking about survival.

Awakening is transcendence of the domain of survival, wherein all problems and suffering lie.

Your life sucks to the extent that it is about survival. No lasting happiness can be found in survival. Survival is constant suffering and dissatisfaction.

Simply put: do what you love. Don't think of it as a struggle.

In other words, when you become God, you will know what's it like not to suffer at all. You don't even have to survive because there is only you, and you are eternal. So, if you apply this in everyday life, struggling, survival, and self are all illusions.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Your life sucks to the extent that it is about survival. No lasting happiness can be found in survival. Survival is constant suffering and dissatisfaction.

I understand that because it's true.

But as soon as we start to incline the balance towards the transcendence of the domain of survival, we lose humanity.

We need balance.

It's not enough just to say: "I believe in God".

Humans need moral values because they are not basically good. Since birth, we need to teach people about Self-Love, which includes goodness.

When people abandon their humanity, everything falls apart.

Civilization is just a framework that allows us to explore reality. Without a healthy civilization followed by a functioning infrastructure, it's very hard to explore new frontiers, new domains.

I'm okay with your teachings but we need to do our best to preserve the infrastructure that allows us to explore reality, which is, of course, morality.

I would hope to agree on this, @Leo Gura.

Edited by The Don

P.S: an enlightened master once said something like... we can't give up on our humanity.

@The Don We often chase and desire things that we think are important, and while doing so, we lose what is true. The system that's called reality is one that is extremely complex. The intelligent behind this design is infinite. To truly change something for the better, one must first let that thing go and then see it from the perspective of the whole. To become enlightened is equal to becoming/seeing the whole reality. Thus, then you have the insights to do what is best for the whole. You flow with life and love, and everything is in harmony. The point is not to realize you're not real and unimportant, but to love without the limits of fear or the ego. To love life and everything in it because they are you, will require the ego to surrender completely. This is the purest form of humanity. 

@The Don I think its more the case that we have to stop unconsciousness rather than teaching moral.

Just knowing about morality may hold down your urges to act out but being conscious makes you not want to act out to begin with.