Sizeable Oof

Leo's views on morality are really pissing me off.

63 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Bno said:

@Sizeable Oof Morality is an illusion. However, don't confuse this with low and high consciousness. When you have high consciousness you're more likely to do some of the things you are currently perceiving as "moral."

why

7 minutes ago, Bno said:

@Nak Khid Reducing harm to Self.

yes but reducing harm to self is not an illusion

@Sizeable Oof There is smaller truths and larger truths.  The smaller truth is nazi's did something bad, the larger truth is all the children born from it and after it.  The immigrants that came to US or elsewhere from WWII feel in love with someone in America and they had children and their childrens childrens had children.

Chinese people from China have universal healthcare, they also have the highest percentage of millionaires in the world....sure they have problems but many other countries do as well.  

@Sizeable Oof The reason Leo says what he says is because he isn't looking at it from a self-biased perspective. He looks at things from the viewpoint that transcends the lense of his particular morality.  If we analyze it from that perspective, it turns out that what people consider moral is just a matter of their self-interest. That is not to say we shouldn't want to change the world in accordance with our own wisdom and morality. But the point is - everybody does. There's no inherent evil to anything - it's just a clashing of agendas.

what is the video title where Leo spoke about the Uighurs in China and where is it?

I wouldn't say this belongs in society, politics, government section since it's about morality and the china thing is just an example

I am not fully convinced either. I think having a pure heart is Good.

People can agree on what is good or bad, and they do it all the time. 

For example, sticking your hand in fire for no reason is not good. 

Living with deception is not good.

Going back on agreements is not considered good, especially from an impersonal standpoint. 

For example, If I were to hang out with one of you who do not believe in good or bad. And if we went out to dinner and agreed to split the check, and then after finishing my meal, I left you with the check. That was not good and any conscious human would recognize it as not being good. 

If we could not make the distinction of good and bad, I do not even think society would have evolved as complex as it is. To me Good is what is good for the whole. Fairness and Cooperation.

Even monkey's understand Fairness and Cooperation:

36 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

Even monkey's understand Fairness and Cooperation

Of course! That's selfishness.

You can't be selfish without being outraged by unfair treatment of your self.

Cooperation is also done out of selfishness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course! That's selfishness.

You can't be selfish without being outraged by unfair treatment of your self.

Cooperation is also done out of selfishness.

I can see that, and I agree. But I also see elements of selflessness in cooperative acts too.

Your reply has let me see how these dualities collapse such as seeing how selfishness can lead to selfless acts and vice versa.

Our selfishness is about survival, but it also to enable us as beings to experience life with respite, relationships, and community.

----------------

Why do humans praise conscious selfless people like MLK, Jesus, Ghandhi and Buddha? Don't they all share a similar characteristic?

Is it not Good with a capital G to live as wholesome as one can be, to self-actualize?

Of course selfish vs selfless is a duality. Ying and yang feeding each other.

Good with a captial G is absolutely everything. If you have to self-actualize to be Good, your notion of Good is far too weak and conditional.

You are Good even if you rape dogs.

Selfishness is none other than Love made manifest.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

No

You are Bad if you rape dogs.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Nak Khid  ok Leos Good is different from the (Good we unawaken people understand) I know it doesn't sit right with me either as my ego self bias agenda sees rape as bad evil and disgusting, unregard for the other self, extreme selfishness  which is fair!!. if a dog gets raped he would probably sleep at night and not think twice about it.(I could be wrong) 

I'm pretty sure he has a video where  he explains this deeply(the Good with capital G Leo is talking about)

Leo would have inserted Humans instead of dogs. if it wasn't that he would be crucified 

Edited by Sussso

i always thought there is a reason why there is love and Love - but i guess this interpretation struggles with Capital dyslexia...

or maybe Dyslexia.

Edited by remember
just the interpretation of a Good with a capital G spot.

In the eyes of God you can do no wrong. In the eyes of humans is a whole nother matter. You will be judged relentlessly by those who have a stake in the game.

In the eyes of God you can do no wrong. In the eyes of humans is a whole nother matter. You will be judged relentlessly by those who have a stake in the game.

Isn’t this a paradox as ego is a subset of god.

God is simultaneously judging you and accepting you at the same time

Edited by ROOBIO

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So God and human are two different things

and God considers everything, child rape, mass murder, raping animals as Good

but humans don't, correct?