VeganAwake

"Going full circle" tale of the burnt-out Seeker!!

41 posts in this topic

Enlightenment is a complete paradigm shift and a total shattering of the illusory self the ego creates. 

Integrating back into this fictional domain would basically be like trying to forget that Santa Claus isn't real... it simply doesn't work that way...

You still chop wood and carry water but you constantly see how everyone's minds create their own personal prison and you are reminded of this fact everyday by humanities behavior and actions. Once the bottom of the bucket falls out it will never again hold water...

Freedom is free because you don't actually lose a "ME"... Oneness realizes it was never there to begin with...? # nonduality#enlightenment#freedom

Letting Go of the Ego:

Because the ego has multiple aspects, it is not practical or effective to dissolve all of it at once, nor is it likely that you could do so. Much like a tree or large bush that is overgrown in the yard, you don’t just lift it out and throw it away – you cut off manageable pieces instead.  The same approach is effective with letting go of the false beliefs that make up the ego. You begin by detaching from individual thoughts that reinforce the ego, then let go of beliefs, separating yourself from the false identity of your ego.

We have spent years building our ego self-images, living inside of them, and reinforcing them.  Extracting our genuine self out of this matrix of false beliefs will take more than a few days.  Yes, it will take a while… so what.  It also took a while to learn to read, do math, walk, and develop proficiency at any valuable skill.  Things worth doing take time and practice.  What better thing do you have to do than let go of what is causing you unhappiness?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

22 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@VeganAwake have you gone full circke?

There actually is no going full circle, that's just running on the hamster wheel.

There is only THIS...

There is only what is happening...

Whether you believe in the illusion of separation or not there's still only THIS...❤

This message is the end of seeking it's Paradise it's enlightenment...

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake I like the idea of the ego simply being a program that is always running within us, either consciously or subconsciously and the discoveries of the various intricacies in this program is the dissolution aspect of the spiritual journey. OMG it can be changed! I can consciously choose to suffer (seeing it in a new light free of attachment), and choose to change programs or simply meditate through it...

The trickiness of the spiritual journey is literally incomprehensible and ultimately absurdly funny. There's that first realization that changes our perception forever (wakes us up) then there's that period of contemplation and exploration of ourselves and the event, trying to make sense of it. Followed by more and more letting go/releasing of the thought stories or clinging to new ideas of ourselves. Finally we see ourselves circling and circling, realizing we are not going to destroy ourselves no matter how many buttons we push, and that all of it was just a game. Seeing the game is coming full circle, and this leaves us no-where, or in whatever place we choose to be...if we are honest, there's nothing left but to take responsibility and do whatever feels best: expand, create, live, love (this is the never-ending journey and it starts.....NOW)

How do you like my thought-story? :D

"holler if you feel like you've been down the same road" 

Hey bud,

Well there is no you, that is the illusion..

The spiritual journey does not need to be tricky...it is simply THIS!!

The illusion of the separate self is what confuses everything...❤

37 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@VeganAwake oh cmon we’re humans! Complexity is what we do best! :P 

Hahaha so true ❤

The human body is real, there is just no YOU inside of it...?

When the normal self-system dissolves away, our sense of boundary disappears, so that we no longer experience separateness. Our normal concepts of ourselves and of reality fade away too, so that we feel we’re looking at the world and ourselves in a completely new way. The contents of our subconscious mind may open up into our conscious mind, as the boundary between them fades away as well.

This is fine for temporary awakening experiences, but permanent wakefulness can only occur if there is a new self-system to replace the normal one. It’s not enough to dissolve the sense of self – a new self has to replace it....

This self-system may be so subtle and integrated within the whole of our being that you might not even notice that it’s there.....

In other words, spiritual practice is basically constructive – it gradually changes the structures of consciousness, re-moulding our self-system into a higher functioning form.

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

There actually is no going full circle, that's just running on the hamster wheel.

There is only THIS...

There is only what is happening...

Whether you believe in the illusion of separation or not there's still only THIS...❤

This message is the end of seeking it's Paradise it's enlightenment...

Have you heard this phrase, what do you think it means?

Only Brahman is real.
The world is unreal.
Brahman is the world.
The world is in Brahman.
There is no world and no Brahman.

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Enlightenment is a complete paradigm shift and a total shattering of the illusory self the ego creates. 

Would you say enlightenment is a sudden binary thing, or a gradual development with degrees of enlightenment? I'm curious that we talk about spiral dynamics for psychological development, but I've not come across a good modern equivalent for spiritual development. Some ancient religions have them, like the oxherding pictures. Perhaps I've just missed it in my reading.

2 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Well the entire "ME" concept is seen to be illusory and it's completely shattered. Unconscious Awareness becomes Conscious Awareness... 

What remains is the true you and it's exactly the same it's just not identified as a separate me any longer... it's unexplainable and unknowable...its THIS!! ❤

2 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Have you heard this phrase, what do you think it means?

Only Brahman is real.
The world is unreal.
Brahman is the world.
The world is in Brahman.
There is no world and no Brahman.

It sounds like it's saying the Creator and the experience are One and it's all an illusion.

2 hours ago, silene said:

Would you say enlightenment is a sudden binary thing, or a gradual development with degrees of enlightenment? I'm curious that we talk about spiral dynamics for psychological development, but I've not come across a good modern equivalent for spiritual development. Some ancient religions have them, like the oxherding pictures. Perhaps I've just missed it in my reading.

From what I read gradual Enlightenment is actually more common than sudden.

But it's not something that you develop or gain. 

It's more like when all the Illusions are taken out of the picture you are left with the TRUTH of what IS.

The seeking ends and THIS becomes Paradise ? which it always was...❤

@VeganAwake Sometimes we need to get away from the obsessive seeking and chop some wood. It's counter intuitive but that's the work. Instead of analysing what enlightenment is, when you chop the wood, master in the delight of the carvings in the wood, the tools you are using and the purpose of the wood.

5 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

You still chop wood and carry water but you constantly see how everyone's minds create their own personal prison 

Fertile ground for compassion to flourish.

42 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Well the entire "ME" concept is seen to be illusory and it's completely shattered

that's an illusion

22 minutes ago, Surfingthewave said:

@VeganAwake Sometimes we need to get away from the obsessive seeking and chop some wood. It's counter intuitive but that's the work. Instead of analysing what enlightenment is, when you chop the wood, master in the delight of the carvings in the wood, the tools you are using and the purpose of the wood.

Yes the seeking is the hamster wheel, you definitely want to get off and turn within. ❤

22 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Fertile ground for compassion to flourish.

Yes, awareness alone is Curative ❤

55 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Yes, awareness alone is Curative ❤

Drink freely from the bosom of the divine mother. 

I often wonder what is the reason of my disatifaction with "This".. Its like somehow disappointing ..