Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BHARATH

Too skeptical

3 posts in this topic

Guys i'm Becoming too much skeptical from past 10 months and its haunting Personal Development work , im unable study any new things and feeling like stuck , Frustation and Anxiety. and i also noticed Mind is doubting Everything and Concluding towards Negative spirals, this is making me much more anxious. my therapist said just to meditate and it will be fine , but im getting Doubt on Meditation itself and making me Mad.....

Please Anyone Help....!

Edited by BHARATH

Maybe this is your ego or inner self (inner child) feeling threatened by your development work, and its resistance is manifesting itself through a thought pattern of skepticism. Just a guess, you need to look into yourself to find out really. I suppose your therapist has a point, the quickest way to overcome fears and anxieties is to face them directly, mindfully. But it's not easy is it, otherwise we wouldn't need all these therapists, counsellors, life coaches etc to help us through it :(  Are you committed to a particular meditation style? If not it may be worth trying a different one, or starting with a shorter time and building up slowly. Or meditation plus another practice such as art to get used to observing your feelings and expressing them. But I don't want to interfere with your therapy process either, so maybe it's best to talk with your therapist about it again rather than just accept their view that 'it will be fine'. If you feel it's not working, there's no harm in telling them is there? You're the client after all. 

Edited by silene

@BHARATH

If you are knowing what you are wanting, skepticism is not arising. 

If you are not knowing what you are wanting, you are knowing what you are not wanting. 

In that case, make a list on paper of everything you do not want. Then write the opposite, as that is what you want. 

This will turn the negative thinking tendency around. 

Then you have wind in your sails, drive, calling, wanting, excitement, a solid reason to meditate and learn to let resistant thoughts go. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE