Javfly33

Can a mistical experience feel like a psychotic breakdown?

13 posts in this topic

Or it just feels this way when  "you tip your toes in Truth but you didn´t stay there for the whole movie"?

I´ve never had experienced psychosis but I yesterday I had by 10 seconds the most intense mind fuckery experience of my life, and what i imagine it would be to "lose your mind". However fast, very fast my awareness re-focused to my human conceptual identity. I think it was because there was an incredible intense fear in the mind being experienced, and the mind coulnd´t handle it. 

However it seems mistical experiences are like actual "trips", people stay there for a while and laugh, and become in awe. That wasn´t my experience.

What to you think?

I´m the whole thing guys :D

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

However it seems mistical experiences are like actual "trips", people stay there for a while and laugh, and become in awe. That wasn´t my experience.

Clearly you've never had a bad trip.

Yes! Of course mystical experiences can be like psychotic breakdowns. Deep awakening is basically like losing your mind. Which is why so few people do it.

The process of awakening is gonna be hell. Peace comes at the end, after you're dead and have completely lost your mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes! Of course mystical experiences can be like psychotic breakdowns. Deep awakening is basically like losing your mind. Which is why so few people do it.

The process of awakening is gonna be hell. Peace comes at the end, after you're dead and have completely lost your mind.

I was recalling your video "live enlightenment". That's basically where I got that idea. And well other similar experiences like Sadghurus or Adyashanti who recall their awakenings which it seems much happiness. I imagine that is the ultimate step and before it were a lot of confusion and mindfuckery to the point of starting to think if you should stop doing this.

So this stuff is ACTUALLY serious and real. Ok. Fuuuuuuck me. 

Edited by Javfly33

36 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I was recalling your video "live enlightenment". That's basically where I got that idea. And well other similar experiences like Sadghurus or Adyashanti who recall their awakenings which it seems much happiness.

That video is misleading because it doesn't show you the work and suffering that went into it. And also, it doesn't show you what a bad trip is like.

@Leo Gura  Don't you think that thinking like: „It's going to be hell“ or „I will die, oh my God...“ etc... just makes it worse? (not talking about psychedelics right now, I don't have experience with them) I mean, yeh sure, there will be suffering, but thinking negatively only strenghtens it in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Or it just feels this way when  "you tip your toes in Truth but you didn´t stay there for the whole movie"?

I´ve never had experienced psychosis but I yesterday I had by 10 seconds the most intense mind fuckery experience of my life, and what i imagine it would be to "lose your mind". However fast, very fast my awareness re-focused to my human conceptual identity. I think it was because there was an incredible intense fear in the mind being experienced, and the mind coulnd´t handle it. 

What to you think?

I´m the whole thing guys :D

Only having words as clues to work with, consider the suffering is keeping those self references going in thought. Meditation every morning, and inspecting the thoughts is a gentler, smoother way. The “self” / “mind” there is fear of losing, is only in thought about losing a thing. You’re not a thing, you can’t be ‘lost’.

Rather than ’claiming’ awareness and mind out of habitual thinking, which supports “the claimer”, break experience down to thought, perception, and sensation. Rather than my mind...aware of thoughts. Rather than my human conceptual identity...aware of that thought. Rather than incredible intense fear...aware of sensation, aware of thought. Rather than my mind couldn’t handle it...rather than my experience...experience is awareness of thought, perception, sensation. It’s just a model, but if it clicks, there’s no “claimer” or “sufferer” anymore (this is already the case), “you” = awareness, no middle man. Again, this is already the case, this suffering is only experienced by keeping that “separate self”, which can never be found because it’s only “in” thoughts, “a float” (with specific thought patterns). With this reduction in thinking, some pretty wonderful feelings can expand. There is nothing to fear, and when thoughts, perception, & sensation are acknowledged as they are, there’s no fear found anywhere, and it is realized one is the awareness of these, and it does not “go the other way”. A thought, perception, sensation, can not affect or harm the awareness of them, ever. 

Trying to understand your emotions, by basing them on perception of the outside world is a disaster. 

Flip attention, focus, regarding emotions, to the inner relativity...the relative experience between each single arising thought, and how that thought feels to you (inner being). Let the circumstances, “outside world thoughts / experience = how I feel”...go. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@bejapuskas I agree although at least in my case the fear was not arising in form of thoughts.

It just arised and it was gone. It wasn't like a train of thoughts that end causing a emotional breakdown in some people.

Imagine if you are now typing on your PC and in the next second you are in a whole other setting, like I don't know, sailing a boat across the ocean. See you don't have even time to think and form thoughts via fear, it just it's so shocking the re-contextualization that the mind can't handle it. 

9 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@Leo Gura  Don't you think that thinking like: „It's going to be hell“ or „I will die, oh my God...“ etc... just makes it worse? (not talking about psychedelics right now, I don't have experience with them) I mean, yeh sure, there will be suffering, but thinking negatively only strenghtens it in my opinion.

That's a potential problem. But so is the opposite: thinking it will be a breeze.

Of course I don't actively go into it thinking, "Okay, this will be hell." I just have a reasonable expectation that the awakening process will be difficult, like climbing Mt Everest or running a marathon. You gotta come to it prepared.

And my focus is not on the suffering of it, but on pursuing Truth, Consciousness, and Love. Your goal should be a positive one.

Read Jed McKenna.

He focuses on the "dark side" of enlightenment so to speak.

In his second book he describes the process of a woman going through a quasi psychotic phase while she descovers what she is NOT.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura holy fuck

@Javfly33 That's intense... But I guess there is a solution to it, right... But I think you have some sort of in-built shame of feeling happy or something, not even talking about losing your self / your mind. Why keep thinking about what this situation is like? Creating this thought story of Javfly33 living in a physical world, having this experience... the experience is much more full without you. Just give yourself up, you aren't winning this fight anyways.

@Leo Gura  Oh yeah I get you, I didn't think this through... Thanks :) 

@Marchino What are you not?

56 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Javfly33 That's intense... But I guess there is a solution to it, right... But I think you have some sort of in-built shame of feeling happy or something, not even talking about losing your self / your mind. Why keep thinking about what this situation is like? Creating this thought story of Javfly33 living in a physical world, having this experience... the experience is much more full without you. Just give yourself up, you aren't winning this fight anyways.

Lol I really loved your message.