MattP

Finding your way home.

4 posts in this topic

So, i was just thinking. Like i usually overdo. I was thinking about "purpose of life."

I have been following Leo since his first videos came out, (off and on.) I have managed to wrap my 'limited capacity' brain around much of the content. But i haven't really experienced a lot of it. I am by no means "enlightened." 

My inquiry is this: If this (life, people, everything) is ultimately a singularity, how do we ever get away from that in the first place, and why? What is the purpose?

What i mean is; when we are born, we begin our journey drifting in the other direction. Becoming an individual separate from everyone else. Why is that? Are people just teaching other humans from infancy the wrong thing? Or is there more to it than that. Does the new baby immediately know that he/she has been cut loose from a much bigger entity, and is now free to create it's own identity and reality? Why is it ever given a chance?

Seems that the purpose in life is to find your way back home. To the mothership. But still, how do we ever get away from it in the first place? And why? Is it like some test or something? If we are all "one" how are we so clever to trick ourselves into thinking that there are individuals separate from you and me? And if there are never any actual individuals tricking themselves, than who is doing the tricking?

And once again, why? This is too deep to think about. 

So, we were once part of the singularity, somehow that broke, and a bunch of pieces went flying everywhere. Those pieces are all of us humans, and everything else in every universe percieved to be a self, or single object. Now our purpose is to go home? To be one with everything once again.

Sounds crazy, but i'm trying to figure it out.

Any concepts you will hear/find on the internet or in your day to day life or from anybody that tells you that they know the meaning of life is wrong .

Yes I mean all of them at best are just telling the imaginary idea that they told themselves and were willing to except and this is because life came before language and thought and are social concepts and even before the question of "what is the meaning of life " 

If it's all wrong. Then I guess it would all be right as well. And we could just believe whatever feels best to us. I'm not sure, i think there is a common purpose for all. There has got to be. Right? The questions i have in my post are pretty much unanswerable. But Leo has already been able to answer some questions i thought i could never get an answer to. That's why im biting on to the content taught in actualized.org. it just clicks with me, and makes the most sense. I will always have questions. I've had several enlightenment moments, but i have a long way to go. 

Thanks

@Maximus yeah, that sounds right. Lately ive been responding to the ego based fear too much. Its hard not to, when your identity is threatened. And i think everyone still has that ego somewhere, whether they will admit it or not. It just needs to be tested before it surfaces.

Thanks