Socrates

MLMs and scammy Gurus

12 posts in this topic

This is an eye-opening video. This is happening in our self-help/guru industry and how completely scammy these financial gurus are.

Their only goal is to close you and there is literally 0 interest what is your situation as long as you pay them. And all that with the fakery of tuxedos and all that jazz. It should ring a red flag since the first minute but when people are desperate to get out of wage slavery these guys are there to abuse it.

This is a deep problem with both marketing and product quality. Their product is pretty much dogshit if not not-existant and their only focus is packaging. The only thing they do is focus on marketing and appearance and that's how they get you convinced to open your wallet with a facade of luxury and status.

Also notice especially in Dan's case how similar the structure is to MLM.

Pitch (product 1) -> upsell -> upsell -> I'll hire you to sell product 1

^ this method is so disturbingly scammy and unethical I wonder how these people sleep at night but I guess that's survival for you.

@Leo Gura You should also watch this video to see what these competitors of yours do in order to get more clients.

@Socrates Agree.

He publishes great videos but I feel like he is going too far. He overreacts against gurus. Don't get me wrong, people like Dan Lok are problematic but there are others who he "exposes" as fake gurus who are great. 

For example, Sam Ovens IMO is one of the best business gurus, I found his teachings have literally the least bullshit to them and are really high quality as well as straight to the point. So yeah, especially in his video about Sam I noticed that he has no idea what he is talking about.

The world isn't black & white, but levels of gray.

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

He failed in 13 business ventures. 

But maybe he has some good ideas, who knows 

Pay where money can grow. 

If he helps people to make more money, then they wouldn't have a problem in paying him 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Epikur hm she makes good points but I find he judge attitude hard to stomach 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Preety_India He has been caught plagiarising other people's content. He has scammed people who only had 1000 left in their bank account. He also literally blackmailed Stephen (the guy who posted this video) to attempt to stop criticizing him. He is trash.

The self-help industry needs some cleaning up. An amazing field, it is a shame that it is overrun by conmen, who speak nothing but platitudes. Their only source of creativity is finding original ways to scam people, and even that is becoming trite.

Stage Orange self-help is very common and popular because that's the center of gravity of our culture right now. It suffers from all the problems that stage Orange suffers from when taken too far.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Socrates

Good video.

It’s a shame because there are a lot of good ideas in the self-help world, even at stage Orange. But it gets abused and then can even turn people off from the whole thing.

Even Tony Robbins I feel falls into this trap to a certain degree. When you go to UPW, there’s tons and tons of sales pitches. The biggest one being for Tony Robbins platinum group, which is like 80k a year if I remember correct. 

It’s set up with a whole story Tony tells beforehand about how success is all about proximity to powerful people. “Proximity equals power”. By the way, have you joined our inner, inner circle of super successful people? Can’t afford it? Limiting belief.

I know one guy who is in it. From he told me, most of the people are just people who can’t possibly afford it and even go into debt. I can’t confirm that, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Witnessed the same thing at Grant Cardone’s 10XGrowthCon. Less pitches than Tony but still many upsells. And of course if you buy the highest ticket, you think you’re going to be rubbing shoulders with all these successful people, but it just ends up being people who can’t afford it.

You really gotta watch out for these business gurus. Most of the value they provide could be learned from cheap books.

Leo remains one of the most legit people in this space.

Chew the meat spit out the bones, all of these people in some way have provided me with helpful insights so there not completely terrible its just that most people are so unconscious and lack critical thinking they fall for any "get rich quick" product and don't take the time to do there due diligence.

Its still an industry with low standards and that definitely has to change and I'm glad for videos like this but lets not act like the people who buy these arnt at fault.