Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoonHei

How to Approach this point?

2 posts in this topic

Was speaking to someone about suffering vs its absence in the present moment. Any input?

This is what they wrote:

There is no suffering in the present. 
There is also no joy in the present.
Our preception of present is preception of the past:
By the time the chemicals in our preceptory organs relay the message to near-by neurons, and the action protentionals get fired to make their way to the brain, the brain then interprets them against a previously experinced network of neurons and fires/activates them and then further releases chemicals.
By the time we experince it, we have already in the future, not the "present".
The present is dependent on the past and future. (Unless we are referring to the absoulte present - I'll save this for later).

We do not perceive / feel the present. We perceive the past.
Our biological body lives in the past.

As for the mental state, it can be: 
Grateful 
Or 
We can try to "feel the present" and centre yourself. Feel the moment, and then get distracted and focus again on the moment, and then maybe get distracted and focus again, and then get hungry, and then focus again.

Or just replace the energy, e.g. being grateful.
Both work I guess. I have nothing against with feeling the moment. But after trying both, now I'd much rather replace with another energy.

Energy cannot be destroyed. Energy can be replaced with a different energy. 
E.g. 
To help kids in poor community: War on drugs promotes drugs. Gyms and activities for kids replaces the energy.
If you are feeling down, or going through hard times, be grateful for what you do have and help others.
From Islamic perspective: Remember God (and that you will return to him), be grateful and help others.

Oh and the answer isn't love. 
Love depends on hate and cannot be defined without the other. The yin and yang is a part of us - us, and the universe that is.

"Answer" is that which is independent.

I think we will get clarity in this convo if we start addressing the core belief. 
Right now we are looking at a snap-shot of a branch.
We need to address the core belief to take this convo anywhere.

Confusion I believe arises when people confuse the terms:

1. "God is in everything" 

with 

2. "God is found in everything".

1. God is in everything, therefore God is everything, therefore everything is God, therefore nothing is God, therefore everything just is, therefore just be, therefore just be in the moment. 
I am trying to address what I feel was the "core belief" in your comments.

2. God is found in everything stems from: everything is dependant on God. You can find God's sings / proofs in everything.
I have firmly experienced that if you look at anything deep enough and I mean anything, you will find signs of God. Just keep on going deeper and deeper and you will find God's proof. 
But be very careful not to mistake sings of God with God!

God is that which is independent. 
Us, our preception, this universe is all dependent.

All this philosophy is nice - but it is a stepping tool to build a questioning mind I believe. It is not the destination!
Philosophy is nice, but it can easily become a "mental and self defeating trap" if the core belief isn't addressed.

Allah is Al-Akhir. The destination, not just "a" destination, the destination.
Allah hu ahad, Allah hu samad - Allah is One, Allah is absolute.

The concept of God in Islam is not an old man sitting in the heavens, Allah is the absolute. Our perception of yin and yang cannot perceive him. 
We can only see "his signs", his proofs - by using our intellect. 

The first revealed words of the Quran are Read. Do you know how many time the Quran tells us to think?
Even if we look within our selves, philosophically, spiritually or biologically - we will "find God"
But be very careful not to mistake those proofs/signs given to us by God, with God himself. Becuase that which is dependent isn't God.

God can be found in everthing because everthing is dependent on him.

Faith / Belief is something that stands the test of time. The good times and the bad. The intellect, the experiences.

Haqq (truth) stands the test of time.
And Allah is Al Haqq, the Truth. (Not just a truth, a realtive / preceived / yin and yang based truth.) He is *The* Truth. The Absolute. The independent.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

23 hours ago, SoonHei said:

Was speaking to someone about suffering vs its absence in the present moment. Any input?

This is what they wrote:

There is no suffering in the present. 
There is also no joy in the present.
Our preception of present is preception of the past:
By the time the chemicals in our preceptory organs relay the message to near-by neurons, and the action protentionals get fired to make their way to the brain, the brain then interprets them against a previously experinced network of neurons and fires/activates them and then further releases chemicals.
By the time we experince it, we have already in the future, not the "present".
The present is dependent on the past and future. (Unless we are referring to the absoulte present - I'll save this for later).

We do not perceive / feel the present. We perceive the past.
Our biological body lives in the past.

As for the mental state, it can be: 
Grateful 
Or 
We can try to "feel the present" and centre yourself. Feel the moment, and then get distracted and focus again on the moment, and then maybe get distracted and focus again, and then get hungry, and then focus again.

Or just replace the energy, e.g. being grateful.
Both work I guess. I have nothing against with feeling the moment. But after trying both, now I'd much rather replace with another energy.

Energy cannot be destroyed. Energy can be replaced with a different energy. 
E.g. 
To help kids in poor community: War on drugs promotes drugs. Gyms and activities for kids replaces the energy.
If you are feeling down, or going through hard times, be grateful for what you do have and help others.
From Islamic perspective: Remember God (and that you will return to him), be grateful and help others.

Oh and the answer isn't love. 
Love depends on hate and cannot be defined without the other. The yin and yang is a part of us - us, and the universe that is.

"Answer" is that which is independent.

I think we will get clarity in this convo if we start addressing the core belief. 
Right now we are looking at a snap-shot of a branch.
We need to address the core belief to take this convo anywhere.

Confusion I believe arises when people confuse the terms:

1. "God is in everything" 

with 

2. "God is found in everything".

1. God is in everything, therefore God is everything, therefore everything is God, therefore nothing is God, therefore everything just is, therefore just be, therefore just be in the moment. 
I am trying to address what I feel was the "core belief" in your comments.

2. God is found in everything stems from: everything is dependant on God. You can find God's sings / proofs in everything.
I have firmly experienced that if you look at anything deep enough and I mean anything, you will find signs of God. Just keep on going deeper and deeper and you will find God's proof. 
But be very careful not to mistake sings of God with God!

God is that which is independent. 
Us, our preception, this universe is all dependent.

All this philosophy is nice - but it is a stepping tool to build a questioning mind I believe. It is not the destination!
Philosophy is nice, but it can easily become a "mental and self defeating trap" if the core belief isn't addressed.

Allah is Al-Akhir. The destination, not just "a" destination, the destination.
Allah hu ahad, Allah hu samad - Allah is One, Allah is absolute.

The concept of God in Islam is not an old man sitting in the heavens, Allah is the absolute. Our perception of yin and yang cannot perceive him. 
We can only see "his signs", his proofs - by using our intellect. 

The first revealed words of the Quran are Read. Do you know how many time the Quran tells us to think?
Even if we look within our selves, philosophically, spiritually or biologically - we will "find God"
But be very careful not to mistake those proofs/signs given to us by God, with God himself. Becuase that which is dependent isn't God.

God can be found in everthing because everthing is dependent on him.

Faith / Belief is something that stands the test of time. The good times and the bad. The intellect, the experiences.

Haqq (truth) stands the test of time.
And Allah is Al Haqq, the Truth. (Not just a truth, a realtive / preceived / yin and yang based truth.) He is *The* Truth. The Absolute. The independent.

I'm going to ignore the religious overtone because it's not worth my time but I will tuch on the part about time . Time is a concept when we experience a situation and are hormones release during are reaction to something this is happening in the now and not in the past or future just the now . Now later on we can think about what happened and experience the same hormones and that be because of the "past" however the feeling is still being expressed right now.