Vagos

Leo's "What is Death video" concerns (or not?)

10 posts in this topic

I was watching the "What is Death" video listening to Leo embracing death and saying things like "Death is actually the best thing that will ever happen to you" or "Death is the real paradise" and so on and I'm worried that we're sooner or later going to have a bunch of kids jumping off of some roof convinced af. Then I realise that he who worries about this, is imaginary, only cares about this because of his speciestic, egoic agenda of deathshaming and that the kids existed in the first place, then the hand grabs some pop corn, brings it to the mouth, and the show is enjoyed by the empty theater.

Edited by Vagos

@Vagos In other words, you fear death. What else is new?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Killing yourself physically is egotistical. It isn't an act of high consciousness.

In the Bible the word ”death” often refers to hell. But don’t let that bother you.

The general gist of psychedelics(along with meditation) is that they decrease brain activity right? Except that the person doesn't die. Or maybe they do, depends on the person I guess. Physically destroying the body, is egotistical, act of the super-ego(social)?

@Leo Gura No, I'm saying that then I realise that he who worries that the kids might jump off of a roof (aka the "me" that I identify with) is imaginary and only cares about this because of an egotistical genetic predisposition that promotes the human species, and that the kids never even existed in the first place. Then the show is enjoyed by the empty theater, whatever the show might be.

I tell my kids all the time death could be beautiful. It helps the fear of death subside in them. They have not jumped off any buildings yet, but they are still young.

Tried to watch the video, but, when Leo says things like "death is the end of identification" or "death is infinite love", I can't grasp it very well. But I understood the part where Leo says something like "if you don't identify you as a man, you wouldn't exist".

Edit: very difficult concept to understand. I hope when I reach 10 years of meditation I understand it.

Edited by brugluiz