Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ROOBIO

why science can never explain truth + mini trip report

7 posts in this topic

Wow! After my last trip, I finally grasped what Leo was talking about with respect to science. 

I love science, I studied maths and physics at uni. However, my faith in it has been shaping my view on life. Until I started using LSD/4-ago.

My last trip was about 2 months ago. It was raining (btw tripping whilst raining is the best). Before the come up everything seemed normal. Just lil old me living on planet earth, that orbits the sun, walking to the field near my house to trip. It was a heavy dose. During the come up everything started to become brighter. Objects within my awareness started to morph and change colour. Trees started to look like aliens. The horizon started to seem like it was right next to me. Kind of like distance contraction predicted in special relativity. Animals, like birds, deer, squirrels lost their reality. They became very different, they didn't adhere to any biological laws that were bestowed upon them in my previous state of consciousness. They dissolved, they lost their place in the ecosystem. The eco-system didn't exist any more. It completely changed into something else. The rain wasn't rain, it was something else, they change velocities at will, they became luminescent, they looked like diamonds. The wind began to talk, it became alive for god sake hahaha. My biological self died and lost its self within the experience. My feelings merged with all the other contents within awareness.

Then the insight hit me!!! I was like what the fuck!!!!!!! My whole understanding of science is the ONLY dependant on phenomena arising in the predominant state of consciousness. My egoic state! When reality seems normal and physical (only due to it being self consistent) we can maintain scientific laws. Once we change our state of consciousness, those laws no longer apply, the whole realm of physics, chemistry and biology is different when tripping. You see how you are one with everything, that everything is actually arising out of the void... Science can never explain this.

I still love science and it is very useful to understand in our lives. It's fascinating. But don't take it as the be all end all.

From my perspective, combining science with mysticism has been fucking the best thing that has happened to me!!!

Edited by ROOBIO

26 minutes ago, ROOBIO said:

You see how you are one with everything, that everything is actually arising out of the void... Science can never explain this.

On that note you like this.................

From my perspective, combining science with mysticism has been fucking the best thing that has happened to me!!!

Welcome home ?❤

Listen to the quantum mechanics debunks materialism episodes and everything will come together.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

39 minutes ago, ROOBIO said:

My whole understanding of science is the ONLY dependant on phenomena arising in the predominant state of consciousness. My egoic state!

So much yeeesssss.... You killed it.

On 05/12/2019 at 9:47 PM, Inliytened1 said:

Welcome home ?❤

Listen to the quantum mechanics debunks materialism episodes and everything will come together.

@Leo Gura

If physics, from a certain perspective, is saying that we can break down certain objects into its constituent particles. So we can say my skin is made from carbon, which can be broken down into protons/neutrons/electrons. The motion of these particles can be described as using a wavefunction.

Each particle, massive or small, has a wavelength of Planck's constant divided by momentum. Ie massive objects don't display wave-like properties as their wavefunction is negligible. It is when particles on the scale of subatomic particles have momentums approx planks constant that their wavelengths are greater.

The wavefunction of these particles, if squared, gives probability fields of what the quantum state will be in at time t. Meaning that particles can be in two places at once if not observed due to their wave-like nature. 

However, this is describing only certain senses like Sights and Sounds. How does this explain what feelings/thoughts are? How can wavefunctions describe their nature? Why are these sensations so elusive to science?

From my discoveries in spirituality, they are the same thing, sights, feelings and thoughts are all nothing, being seen by nothing, and existing as nothing.

Why is science able to model sights but not feelings? Can you describe the motion of a feeling through a wavefunction?

A wave function is itself a thought. Thought cannot describe thought.

Symbolic understanding can only go so far because it is always 2nd order phenomenon. All language and explanation is dualistic.

Symbolic understanding can never explain itself and it is always incomplete, a la Godel's Incompleteness Theorem.

The only complete thing is Absolute Infinity, which is reality itself, not a map of it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 12/5/2019 at 3:07 PM, ROOBIO said:

Then the insight hit me!!! I was like what the fuck!!!!!!! My whole understanding of science is the ONLY dependant on phenomena arising in the predominant state of consciousness. My egoic state! When reality seems normal and physical (only due to it being self consistent) we can maintain scientific laws. Once we change our state of consciousness, those laws no longer apply, the whole realm of physics, chemistry and biology is different when tripping. You see how you are one with everything, that everything is actually arising out of the void... Science can never explain this.

Reminds me of how in a dream at night, nothing seems out of the ordinary and everything is self consistent according to the dream’s rules. And when you realize you’re dreaming, the rules can change. You might be able to fly, or make the scary monster disappear. 

It has always amazed me how in dreams we almost always take for granted that everything makes sense and there’s nothing to make us question the dream as being real. Everything seems “normal and physical”. Even things that make no sense in waking life. And then we wake up from the dream and are so naive as to say “ohhh wow well all THAT wasn’t real but now THIS experience is really real, NOW I’m experiencing the real objective world”. Just because we feel we’ve experienced this real world for longer and everybody in it is telling us it’s real and it seems consistent and like it makes sense. Even though if we think about it enough and are honest, it makes no sense to us.

We feel accustomed to standing upright walking around on a rock zooming through space around a ball of fire, thinking we’re experiencing a real, objective reality that exists independent of ourselves, with all kinds of explanations for why things are the way they happen to be... not questioning if maybe we’re making it all up.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”