onacloudynight

Creating Anime or Manga as a Life purpose?

17 posts in this topic

Is it too low conscious? What do you guys think of this medium for life purpose. This might be an option I will explore. Some manga and anime are low conscious, but there are lots of anime/manga out there that are very spiritual in nature and have stage turquoise values sprinkled into the story. They tend to have more depth than your standard American cartoons.

I have always really enjoyed watching anime and reading manga. I like the combination of storytelling with art. I used to love writing stories as a kid and would right pages and pages of stories and share them with my friend. I like coming up with ideas for stories to write. It puts me in a nice flow state and am playing with the idea of learning to draw, so I can make my stories come to life.

wow would love to see anime based on some of puranas or mystic stories of enlighent masters of the past :)

Definitly there are many possibilites in which you can create high consciousness entertainment media. And this is certainly missing in our society. Nevertheless there are a few greate examples:

Avatar the Last Airbender is surely one of the top ones. I don´t know whether you have already watched it or not but I link an example video that gives you a good impression of the qualitiy of the series without giving away to much of the story.

This was my favourite series in my childhood it just felt that it had depth even from a perspective of a child. I recommend watching it if you are searching for inspiration

No it's not low consciousness if you don't make it so, but you will have to appeal to an audience... I'd especially suggest making a stage yellow+ ending and cutting out filler

What are your current favorite manga?

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

Of course there are high consciousness animes and mangas :) 

Can you name some?

@tenta  idk what you resonate with, usually if you listen patiently, you can feel that depth in these animes and mangas... I like Mushi-shi

5 hours ago, Calcifer said:

Definitly there are many possibilites in which you can create high consciousness entertainment media. And this is certainly missing in our society. Nevertheless there are a few greate examples:

Avatar the Last Airbender is surely one of the top ones. I don´t know whether you have already watched it or not but I link an example video that gives you a good impression of the qualitiy of the series without giving away to much of the story.

This was my favourite series in my childhood it just felt that it had depth even from a perspective of a child. I recommend watching it if you are searching for inspiration

Yes! I love Avatar the Last Airbender. I watched it when I was a kid as well. It was also my favorite TV show back then. Now I know why :D

It definitely had more depth and mystique that you didn't really see much in cartoons back then, which is why I probably liked it. I always felt a sense of power and awe every time Aang entered the Avatar State.

Edited by onacloudynight

@tenta Some good ones I enjoyed were Yu Yu Hakusho, Steins Gate, Naruto, DBZ, Bakemonogatari, Serial Experiments Lain, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya.

Edited by onacloudynight

7 hours ago, onacloudynight said:

@tenta Some good ones I enjoyed were Yu Yu Hakusho, Steins Gate, Naruto, DBZ, Bakemonogatari, Serial Experiments Lain, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya.

oh yeeeh xD

10 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

I like Mushi-shi

Looks good, I'll watch it

I recommend Pluto (you can read it for free online), and to the OP I guess you should read more diverse manga and get a good feel for it, good panel structure, good writing etc. before you start your own

Edited by tenta

@onacloudynight

dude, go for it and don't wait, creating anime is too low consciouss is just a silly excuse made by your mind

if you love doing it, following what you love will always make you more consciouss, because following love / joy is tapping more and more into the highest vibration there is : l o v e

Yeah, Naruto was also one of my biggest influences in my childhood and It made a huge, a really significant impact in my life, since it´s very easy for me to see myself watching destructive mainstream media like spongebob, family guy, southpark and so on. Well I did watch a lot of these garbage series in my childhood :D but Naruto counteracted these and in the meantime showing me a better and more loving alternative.
So Naruto made a big impact in my life.

@onacloudynight I would suggest to you that you create a huge interdisciplinary library of all animes, cartoons, short filmes, movies, books & real life experiences that you find inspirational and touching so you have a huge repertoire of diverse refrences. Once you have set up such a library you want to mix and match and recombine all of these scences to your own original and meaningful pice of work.

Here are two great examples of how a novelist and a fine-art artist take a similiar approach to the problem but in their own ways. Maybe you can take something from their train of thouht.

Stan Prokopenko & Marshall Vandruff

Patrick Rothfuss

*in a very low voice*  If you haven´t  read trilogy "The Kingskiller Chronicles" by Patrick Rothfuss you are missing out on inspiration, very badly, I would recommend you listen to his books on audible. I took so many great ideas from these books that it is astonishing. Just give the first book a try and you will see the magic. ;)

@onacloudynight Yes dude! Speaking personally, really high-quality anime actually helps to raise my consciousness almost on command. Check out "Sound! Euphonium" Watching it I get this sort of nostalgic feeling I can't experience by doing anything else. I've actually considered doing manga as a life purpose before, but tbh you'll probably want to do a lot of research into the field before setting it as your life purpose (it's extremely competitive). For example, someone released the work schedule of Eiichiro Oda, the creator of One Piece (who I have a lot of respect for), and on some days he would only get around 3 hrs of sleep. If you're really serious about making it in the field, however, best of luck :) 

Success in any field requires personal development. If you want to succeed big, you need to grow big.

@onacloudynight You love watching anime, but do you also love creating anime? Can you draw, have you spent a 1000 hours practicing just for the joy of drawing itself? If you haven't, you can't tell if it's a purpose for you - or rather, it isn't. You have to pick something you love doing - at least that's my understanding.  

There are enlightened masters in the story of Avatar, such as Jeong jeong talking about Truth, and beauty in the white lotus secret society. And there is a female monk that talks about spiritual enlightenment. Also the whole show has a lot of love put into the characters, even the villains. There is Wisdom from many different characters, all over the show from Iroh, and Paku, and Guru Patik.