ItO

About the self love exercise: How can I love suffering?

12 posts in this topic

Anything that is a disturbance of a complete joy/peace/ecstasy/love/whatever I call suffering. 

I think that ultimately, the self-love exercise is about being able to accept and love suffering. 

To love suffering is to appreciate it deeply, to find meaning in it, to see how it's not even a bit worse than total and eternal joy. 

I'm not sure how to do that.. 

I'm contemplating all the things that I don't love about myself/my life/life in general, and what all of those have in common is that I don't accept the card that I've been dealt in life. I think I have a better idea of how life can be better. But that's exactly why I suffer. If I don't think like that, I start to appreciate life more and the suffering dissolves. But I'm not sure if it works like that for all kinds of suffering.

Suffering is very elusive.. Do you have something to say to clear up the confusion?

You are Love.

So to love suffering is to simply be who you are, and look at it. Nothing more.

28 minutes ago, ItO said:

I'm not sure how to do that.. 

That's the thing. You think you need to do something in order to love yourself. But that doing something is what's keeping you from Being. It's what's keeping you from simply accepting what you are.

Suffering is an illusion maintained by ego. So when you say you need to do something about it, to love it, you create the illusion of it being there in the first place. So trust that you are indeed Love and let it transform you by simply being yourself.

That's the beautiful thing about self-love. It happens automatically, because it's always there. But only if you let it. And suffering is that which doesn't let it. So let go and trust.

7 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

You are Love.

So to love suffering is to simply be who you are, and look at it. Nothing more.

That's the thing. You think you need to do something in order to love yourself. But that doing something is what's keeping you from Being. It's what's keeping you from simply accepting what you are.

Suffering is an illusion maintained by ego. So when you say you need to do something about it, to love it, you create the illusion of it being there in the first place. So trust that you are indeed Love and let it transform you by simply being yourself.

That's the beautiful thing about self-love. It happens automatically, because it's always there. But only if you let it. And suffering is that which doesn't let it. So let go and trust.

Great answer love it. Really helps what you said ??

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Ultimately you won't be able to do Self-Love without some deep awakenings and a transformation of your baseline state of consciousness.

You must do practices like Kriya yoga to purify your body and mind. Thinking about love is not gonna cut it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I try to do during the day things that someone who love himself would do.

Ask "What someone that love himself would do right now?"

And do it. 

And do that at least couple of times every single day.

That will develop self love in you in a practical way.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Ultimately you won't be able to do Self-Love without some deep awakenings and a transformation of your baseline state of consciousness.

You must do practices like Kriya yoga to purify your body and mind. Thinking about love is not gonna cut it.

was Hitler in Self love ?

What makes Trump not in Self Love ?

Edited by Aeris

11 hours ago, Aeris said:

You can see, at least from the actions we know of, that they both have a very limited sense of love. Hitler for example only loving his "race" while not loving other races as well. Self Love means loving everything.

12 hours ago, Stenne said:

@Leo Gura and things like mindfulness / vipassana / metta meditation ??

Sure. Whatever works for ya.

12 hours ago, Aeris said:

No

He has no idea what Self and Love are.

He is in self-love (lowercase), which is devilry.

The line between God and devil can be very thin.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just practice the embracing of suffering.

Pretend to love the process of suffering.

At some point it won't bother you; not anymore.

When suffering will visit you, you'll be fine with it. Sometimes you'll miss it.

A month ago I plunged into the darkest depression that ever existed in this Universe. For real. I thought I was going to die. I thought I wouldn't be able to deal with it. But eventually, I saw that I was stronger than I thought I was and I finally made it. I was no longer depressed.

LOVE the process of suffering to build emotional resilience.

LOVE the part of you that is suffering and you will be able to heal yourself.

Because of @Leo Gura, I've been able to learn English better. Leo still exists; he was and still is a positive example for me. Wanna know what kind of example? Not a „theory” example, but a practical one. He was a real possibility for me in the sense that growth is possible; achievable.

Edited by The Don

Me on the road less traveled.

Your nature is to love suffering, why else would you watch a movie or read a story about characters who face challenge? You just don't want to be the one who suffers. Does that mean you want a flat, boring, unfeeling life then? Probably not. You probably want to have an amazing, incredible life. You want to experience the highest highs and experience the lows knowing that they are inseparable from your experience, that you chose them, that they are the very thing that make the highs so sweet, the very thing that guides your experience TO the things you want to experience. It's your life, it's your journey, and you are the hero. Own it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 hours ago, The Don said:

A month ago I plunged into the darkest depression that ever existed in this Universe. For real. I thought I was going to die. I thought I wouldn't be able to deal with it. But eventually, I saw that I was stronger than I thought I was and I finally made it.

What were the thoughts accompanied to your depression? What was the story?

On 12/4/2019 at 11:03 AM, ItO said:

But I'm not sure if it works like that for all kinds of suffering.

Suffering thinking is very elusive.. Do you have something to say to clear up the confusion? 

You already know that it does. ?? 

There’s no “it” which “works like that” even. 

Love is a sledgehammer.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE