ActualizedDavid

The brain and The Truth

28 posts in this topic

what does Enlightement has to to with the brain. and if we say they are no brains why there is a change in the brain with the mystical expiriance ?

There is no change within the brain during a mystical experience. There is just a mystical experience.

There is a shift in consciousness. A vibrational increase. The brain only appears to be affected. Depends on who's observing the brain.

The brain is part of your mind. Mind interacts with mind.

With deep awakening, you will realize that your mind was never happening in the brain, your brain was happening in your mind. And then the brain part of your mind will simply shut off, like it never existed. Then you will be free of the illusion of physicality. You will become non-physical and immortal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura what do you think of Bernardo Kastrup's theory of us being dissociated 'alters' (i.e. parts) of mind-at-large and the body / brain activity being the outside appearance of that dissociation? do your experiences corroborate it?

Edited by Petals

@ActualizedDavid I've posted this a few hours ago on this sub-forum. I think it is appropriate here. you may like it.

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

There is no change within the brain during a mystical experience. There is just a mystical experience.

@ivankiss I think there is change, but that doesn't mean that the brain activity change is causal.

Edited by Petals

57 minutes ago, Petals said:

@Leo Gura what do you think of Bernardo Kastrup's theory of us being dissociated 'alters' (i.e. parts) of mind-at-large and the body / brain activity being the outside appearance of that dissociation? do your experiences corroborate it?

I'm not clear on what that means exactly, but it sounds in the right ballpark.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The brain is part of your mind. Mind interacts with mind.

With deep awakening, you will realize that your mind was never happening in the brain, your brain was happening in your mind. And then the brain part of your mind will simply shut off, like it never existed. Then you will be free of the illusion of physicality. You will become non-physical and immortal.

So with this being said a part of us will have exited the illusion yet another part of us will still be living in the illusion? We will have a shift into another dimension?

Edited by Rinne

@Rinne It's just like waking up from a dream.

If you wake up deep enough, no illusion or parts will remain. But that's a rare thing. Few people awake up that deep.

@Petals  Fun fact- A dolphin can choose which hemisphere of the brain to shut down while the other stays awake.

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

Fun fact- A dolphin can choose which hemisphere of the brain to shut down while the other stays awake.

Sometimes I think about how crude our map of the brain is. We can sorta alter brain activity with chemicals like SSRIs and psychedelics, yet with very low resolution. I think about 200 years from now with high resolution maps and highly precise alterations with chemicals, magnets, electricity and quantum whatevers. Perhaps enough precision to create an internal Star Trek Holodeck. 

If there were no brains how could we explain the mind?

Same with parents, if there were no parents how could we explain our birds? 

You cannot simply appear in this reality, like from nowhere, and expect to function. We need these ilusion at first. 

9 minutes ago, Jonac said:

You cannot simply appear in this reality, like from nowhere, and expect to function. 

The personal story simply appears and disappears in reality.

Watch your thought stories appear from nowhere. It’s amazing. 

30 minutes ago, Jonac said:

how could we explain the mind?

Explanation of Infinity is impossible! That's what you're not understanding.

You cannot explain reality because reality is prior to explanation.

Any attempt to explain reality is incomplete and ultimately wrong.

God cannot explain itself to itself because it is itself.

Is so interesting, 

And how alll this Astral projects, out of the body explain ?

Just councesness changing the point of experience ?

Is the brain just imaginary?

How is the brain included in all of this ?

If i ask questions about the brain this means that i'm still in the materialistic paradigm, but is not the brain that creates our sens of self ?

What is energy and how people use reiki ?

Edited by ActualizedDavid

@Petals The brain is within the change. Not the other way around. 

Then again; I have never seen my own brain xD I can assume it exits. I can assume it's non-existent. Who knows.

34 minutes ago, ActualizedDavid said:

What is energy and how people use reiki ?

Take a class... :)

Reiki 1...heal yourself.

Reiki 2...help others to heal themselves.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Sometimes I think about how crude our map of the brain is. We can sorta alter brain activity with chemicals like SSRIs and psychedelics, yet with very low resolution. I think about 200 years from now with high resolution maps and highly precise alterations with chemicals, magnets, electricity and quantum whatevers. Perhaps enough precision to create an internal Star Trek Holodeck. 

Star Trek holodeck will be nothing in comparison to what is possible. Look at how few dimensions of existence and duality the chimp mind is accessing:

Sight

Hearing

Taste

Smell

Touch

Temperature

Dimensionality

Geometry

Feelings and Emotions

Identity

Worldness

Entitiness

Force

Rythm

Math

Logic

Thought

and so forth and so forth.

With all the subtleties it is probably a few thousand dimensions of existence. There are infinite. Dimensions so foreign to us, but familiar to an animal or a plant.

Dimensions so foreign no blubble of consciousness in this universe ever contained it.

We will be able to explore millions upon millions of dimensions. Dimensions so foreign, the worlds we will construct will be beyond what we could possibly imagine. Beyond everything I just mentioned. Imagine a world in which all of our current dimensions are mere additions rather than the main menu.

Dualities which no creature ever experienced. But before that, we will be able to expirience all creatures themselves. We will be the spider which weaves it's net. We will require no speculation no more.

It will be the ultimate expression of art for the worldly creature.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

12 hours ago, ActualizedDavid said:

If i ask questions about the brain this means that i'm still in the materialistic paradigm

I’d be mindful of setting up a duality of materialism vs non-materialism  and forcing yourself to embrace one of the opposites. 

After my initial nondual experiences, I went all-in on non-materialism. I was that nondual talking bear for about six months. ?

@Scholar Yes, it’s fun stuff to explore ?? 

On 12/4/2019 at 9:10 AM, cetus56 said:

@Petals  Fun fact- A dolphin can choose which hemisphere of the brain to shut down while the other stays awake.

Sleep driving~