Bridge to Infinity

Youtuber Claims That Leo Is a Narcissist & That His Teachings Are False

44 posts in this topic

Its just disappointing... Ofcourse I strongly disagree however its good to see how people can confuse whats being said and call out “NARCISSIST!!”. Reading through the comments, people are actually buying this crap. Leos teachings are way too advanced for any average person who hasnt done any psychedelics or experienced mind-transcended states. Even to me (i did psychedelics and read a couple books on spirituality) Leos teachings seem out there, and non practical but thats just because i havent developed spiritually to the level to where i can grasp what hes saying and relate it to personal experience. To be honest, so far leos teachings to me are no different than the quran or the bible or science, i say this because i havent seen the truth of whats being said from my own experience. But thats just me. 

breathing is also a NARCISSIST behaviour, stop breathing you fool

This is to be expected, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a big media fiasco or some kind of bigger backlash yet. 

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Truth is Truth.  It is not about one particular teacher.  There have been many that teach Truth.

Truth is Being.  These guys, as you point out, have not had direct experience of Being before. 

They still think its a belief.

It's a shame, frankly.

They don't know what they are missing.

Their close mindedness will trap them from ever experiencing pure Being.

But it is what it is.

Once I had direct experience of isness I realized its not about Leo, or any teacher....  It's actually about You.  in Actuality there is no Leo, or Rupert Spira, or Eckhart Tolle, or the Buddha, Christ, or any of them.  It's just You/God.  They are projections of your own mind.  This is something that these guys will never get close to grasping - in fact if you said it to them they would demonize you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Truth is Truth.  It is not about one particular teacher.  There have been many that teach Truth.

Truth is Being.  These guys, as you point out, have not had direct experience of Being before. 

They still think its a belief.

It's a shame, frankly.

They don't know what they are missing.

Their close mindedness will trap them from ever experiencing pure Being.

But it is what it is.

Once I had direct experience of isness I realized its not about Leo, or any teacher....  It's actually about You.  in Actuality there is no Leo, or Rupert Spira, or Eckhart Tolle, or the Buddha, Christ, or any of them.  It's just You/God.  They are projections of your own mind.  This is something that these guys will never get close to grasping - in fact if you said it to them they would demonize you.

Yes it's a belief and you're doing spiritual bypassing, there are smart comments in his comment section such as "People like Leo can’t accept the horror of the natural world so they disassociate even though even if you are personally in a good mood suffering is still occurring across the world".

By saying there is no Leo, you're absolving Leo as a human of ever being wrong, it doesn't debunk criticisms, you're just self biased and bypassing the criticism. If you use direct experience to say you have validated something, how do you know you weren't just hallucinating or are wrong and didn't account for something? You don't know that and that's a belief

By the way despite me not agreeing with the guy criticising Leo, Leo has personally admitted to being a narcissist and the banner of the website proves it :P

I'm intrigued that the term direct experience is used somewhat as a get out of jail card to try and highlight that a belief is not a belief! 

Belief is like a dirty word. Like a put down. 

Some people believe they are God. I get that.

1 hour ago, tenta said:

Yes it's a belief and you're doing spiritual bypassing, there are smart comments in his comment section such as "People like Leo can’t accept the horror of the natural world so they disassociate even though even if you are personally in a good mood suffering is still occurring across the world".

By saying there is no Leo, you're absolving Leo as a human of ever being wrong, it doesn't debunk criticisms, you're just self biased and bypassing the criticism. If you use direct experience to say you have validated something, how do you know you weren't just hallucinating or are wrong and didn't account for something? You don't know that and that's a belief

You don't realize it but you are proving my point.    

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 minutes ago, tenta said:

By the way despite me not agreeing with the guy criticising Leo, Leo has personally admitted to being a narcissist and the banner of the website proves it :P

Being right or wrong has nothing to do with Truth. Truth just is. And any hallucination, or not, is just a happening within Truth.
And you can simply know this without having to refer to anything your mind has made up in the form of beliefs.

23 minutes ago, Bill W said:

I'm intrigued that the term direct experience is used somewhat as a get out of jail card to try and highlight that a belief is not a belief! 

This seems so only from a non-awakened state. The content of belief is false, but belief as phenomenon is a part of the unity, it is a manifestation of god.

4 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

This seems so only from a non-awakened state. The content of belief is false, but belief as phenomenon is a part of the unity, it is a manifestation of god.

Correct...belief is within Truth and is a part of it.  Absolute Truth is prior to it.  It is isness.  Only a mystical state will reveal this.   A belief is relative.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Correct...belief is within Truth and is a part of it.  Absolute Truth is prior to it.  It is isness.  Only a mystical state will reveal this.   A belief is relative.

The ultimate peak of Truth recontextualizes everything there is back into Truth. "Nirvana is Samsara, Samsara is Nirvana."

7 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

The ultimate peak of Truth recontextualizes everything there is back into Truth. "Nirvana is Samsara, Samsara is Nirvana."

I'm diggin' it ??

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Critics are always there no matter what you start, but especially if you start talking about non-duality. Most ppl did not get their basic needs met yet. That's why whatever is being said about non-duality is unusual. Even if they did get their basic needs met, the fact that everyone is just living in a story that has already been said and done is outrageous.

As I go along on my journey, the question for me right now is, "how will I reach out to others about this even though they can't relate?" Because, if they can't relate, they can't relate, period. However, there is always a way. Everyone does it differently. But, it's totally ok if they (the audience) don't accept or don't accept right away.

You guys are bad students. Leo himself says and admits that he's a narcissist. Haven't you read his infinite intelligence download? That's for the narcissistic accusation. Leo is not ashamed of it.

As for the teachings, well, it's all just relative to different perspectives at different times and different circumstances. When will we ever get that simple principle of relativity? When the signs you dislike say "go right", deny, and then simply go left, or wherever the hell you want to go.

Edited by Lento

2 minutes ago, Lento said:

You guys are bad students. Leo himself says and admits that he's a narcissist. Haven't you read his infinite intelligence download? That's for the narcissistic accusation. Leo is not ashamed of it.

Aa for the teachings, well, it's all just relative to different perspectives at different times and circumstances. When will we ever get that simple principle of relativity?

You're still not getting it.  Awakening is the collapse of the student / teacher duality.  You are both the teacher and the student.   You will no longer obsess (not you personally) about a particular teacher at that point and whether they are narcissistic or not.  Who cares? 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Bill W said:

There's a huge difference between beliefs and direct experience. A belief is blind faith basically. Direct experience means you've tried it yourself. 

I'm also surprised that there aren't more critics of Leo out there. For a normal person watching one of his most advanced videos, he must seem out of his mind. Someone send his immortality video to a conversative news station ?. 

That's why his message is so good. Don't believe him? Try for yourself and you'll see how far down the rabbit hole really goes. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

13 minutes ago, LordFall said:

There's a huge difference between beliefs and direct experience. A belief is blind faith basically. Direct experience means you've tried it yourself. 

Yes but almost all "direct experience" relies on an interpretation of the mind as to what you decide that experience to "mean". You cannot short circuit this. You cannot remove your inbuilt bias. Your direct experience will mean whatever you want it to mean. If you want to believe you are God and everything is one, then that's what you will believe, and you will call it a direct experience because not many people want to accept that their views that they work so hard to maintain are nothing but a belief, just like children want to believe in Santa. 

Exceptions to inbuilt bias and interpretation would be things like pain, where your direct experience of pain if you put your hand over a burning candle would in fact be a proper direct experience that is not contaminated by bias or beliefs. Here you would have a true direct experience without interpretation/bias. 

Someone with Bipolar in a manic phase may very well have a direct experience of being a genius, or a whizz in the stock-market and refuse all dialogue on it being a belief. This is the same as nondual beliefs. It's an idea. It's a concept. 

@Bill W think of it like this.  Direct experience is just a set of words we use to point to Being.  It's not even Being because Being cannot be grasped with words.  So you are misconstruing what Being is because no one can really explain it to you.  This is how teachings of Truth can be misunderstood.   The best way to describe Truth with language is to say...

Being is just....

Throw up your hands and stop right there because anything else is going too far.....

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

This is the problem when people are guided towards a goal rather than truly having a desire and curiousity to discover the true nature of existence.

Glory to Israel