Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thinlizzy1978

Can LSD open up the bardo/disembodied astral worlds like N,N-DMT breakthroughs?

3 posts in this topic

LSD has potent ego dissolving effects. It seems LSD in higher doses has an affinity for the void or clear white light for some individuals. Eastern maps of the levels of consciousness show this to be the pinnacle or peak of the continuum. Have people left their bodies on LSD and what happened that you can recall when this happened for you? Has anyone had a N,N-DMT breakthrough like experience on LSD? The N,N-DMT breakthrough trip of disembodied travel to another realm with entities is not an ego death. It may be a whole lot of ego dissolution but the person still retains a sense of self which is needed to meet entities and see visions/other realms(McKenna commented on how the N,N-DMT breakthrough made him feel the same like his mental faculties were intact and he said it was not an ego death). They "switched channels" and have tuned into this part of the continuum that psychedelics open that permits such experiences to be possible. Does the ego dissolution of LSD bypass or skip this sweet spot? People say that on a large doses of mushrooms it can be like an extended N,N-DMT trip where they leave their body and go into the spirit realm/after life realms/astral worlds/etc. Can people share on these issues/questions mentioned here? Thank you

Yeah I left my body on lsd and when it happened the only thing that was left was like an ocean of conciseness. The most peaceful place I know but its very hard for me to describe it.

So yes I think you can go to the spirit realm/after life or whatever with lsd. But its still very different to a dmt breaktrough at least for me..  when I breaktrough on dmt everything is so fast, colourful and alien. Also I still know who I am and have kind of normal thoughts. I remember thinking "this is beautiful but everything is so fast" all the time.

when I breaktrough with lsd its so different, because there is nothing from the "I" left it just is. I really dont yet have the words to talk about it, but it is kind of slowed down compared to dmt and there are no entities in this place or so.

also I heared from people they have full ego-dissolution everytime they do n,n-dmt, they told me you just need to smoke a lot.

Okay this is the fascinating thing about N,N-DMT. I remember McKenna saying it is not an ego death you feel "like yourself". Your mental faculties remain intact as you are in other realms. It seems LSD has more ego dissolution and the entity/deity contact does not seem to happen with LSD from what I have observed and heard from others. And I have heard of clear light experiences with N,N-DMT in higher doses also

What is it about N,N-DMT that has this "sweet spot" of ego dissolution that makes those realms accessible? Terence McKenna gave a very high advanced Tibetan Lama N,N-DMT to smoke and he said "this is the bardo". This is the Tibetan term of disembodied after death astral realms. From what I have noticed is that this is accessible with mushrooms and you have a more extended stay with psilocybin than witeh N,N-DMT and it is not as forceful or abrupt. It seems LSD has stronger ego dissolution and is more orientated to non duality/satori sort of experiences