TDW1995

Increase Consciousness During Your Commute

8 posts in this topic

I have an hour commute to and from work five days/week.  This means two hours each day are spent on the road.  My current routine consists of 30-60 minutes of self-inquiry and 30 minutes of meditation while at home.  However, I feel like I'm wasting two hours of my day listening to music on the way to work (I sometimes listen to Leo's videos though, which is not at all a waste of time).  Are there any practices/techniques that can help raise consciousness while driving?  Obviously sitting down while doing nothing is preferable, but if I can make progress while driving, that would be a bonus.

Audiobooks and music are a few ideas that may help bring you into the force. If you’re doing anything that feels more like putting up a forcefield then it’s not the right idea. Simply using self observation while doing any activity will yield powerful results as the subconscious mind is much more efficient at doing the dirty work 

@TDW1995 Don't feel like listening to music and enjoying yourself is a waste of time man. 

This is it, this moment is it. 

Once you get it, you drop all the teachings and practices and go live your life!

However if you're currently in the seeking stage and feel like you need effort, I'd recommend before driving calm your mind with deep breaths and getting to a space of natural awareness, allow this awareness to come forward. Then drive and stay in this natural state of pure awareness, it's ALWAYS there as it's what you are, the more you notice it the more it will come forward and become your natural way of being. Then you'll realize how amazing life is ;)

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

8 hours ago, TDW1995 said:

I have an hour commute to and from work five days/week.  This means two hours each day are spent on the road.  My current routine consists of 30-60 minutes of self-inquiry and 30 minutes of meditation while at home.  However, I feel like I'm wasting two hours of my day listening to music on the way to work (I sometimes listen to Leo's videos though, which is not at all a waste of time).  Are there any practices/techniques that can help raise consciousness while driving?  Obviously sitting down while doing nothing is preferable, but if I can make progress while driving, that would be a bonus.

I have an hour of commute everyday and use it for dropping everything and any sense of is-ness, beingness, I-ness. The practice is hard to communicate but find a practice that work for you.

Repeating a mantra is what I do. Requires devotion, open mind, & patience. 

Depending on my mood and state I either practice open awareness or recite mantras while driving.