Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hypnofrik

Is enlightenment just another experience?

8 posts in this topic

How can someone be sure that when he FEEL ONE WITH THE WHOLE that this is really there?
Still it is a sensation experienced by the human body.

Edited by Hypnofrik

@Hypnofrik your cheek doesn't hear anything

Your ear lobes don't taste

Your hand doesn't feel

YOU do.

Sensations are felt by YOU via the body. Just as sound is heard via the headphones.

Feeling one with the whole is felt as you alone. Feeling ONE with it all isn't felt as you touching a table or tasting an apple. You are ONE with existence. No feeling oneness WITH Everything. Rather being EVERYTHING.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

"Is enlightenment just another experience?"

No.  Experiences come and go...enlightenment is not really that.  Enlightenment is a revelation...a sudden, intuitive understanding.  The illusion of "me" is shattered and just no longer can be believed. (as opposed to an experience of "no me" that comes and goes...but the "me" is still believed and so there is still suffering, problems, boredom, fear, etc. and likely now the desire to get the experience back.)

"How can someone be sure that when he FEEL ONE WITH THE WHOLE that this is really there?"

Feeling one with all is a passing spiritual experience and not enlightenment.  It is, in fact, a well known mystical experience.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

How can we be sure that the whole exist?
What if it is just more content of the mind?

31 minutes ago, Hypnofrik said:

How can someone be sure that when he FEEL ONE WITH THE WHOLE that this is really there?
Still it is a sensation experienced by the human body.

This is all second-order conceptualizing. That's fine. Yet there is something prior to these concepts. 

You can get a taste of it right now if you are able to let go of "Yeah, but. . . ".

Look around you right now. . . How do you know it's Now? . . Notice that any answer you give is second order. It comes after the Knowing. You may say "Well, I know it's Now because I can touch things". That's second order. You just Know it's Now. You don't need any evidence. The Truth of Now is prior to any evidence or thought stories you create in your head. You've never asked for evidence that Now is Now. You just Know. 

Enlightenment is the source of experience. It is the experience itself.

@Hypnofrik What is the benefit of this conceptualization? What is experience? 

Enlightenment is about a shift in relationship that one has to all experience. Enlightenment is not about the content of experience, it is a shift in one's relationship to all experience.

Read more about it. Then have the "experience" for yourself.

Edited by Adam M

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

It's not just another experience. It is also not a sensation. 

It's a shift in consciousness and perception.

Kind of like, when you are so absorbed into your phone and then suddenly you become aware that you are holding and staring at a phone. 

Edited by SgtPepper