Tanz

LOL @ Stage Orange! - Billionaires - Hasan Minhaj

9 posts in this topic

Hasan Minhaj even calls out Bill Gates.  Brother spiting out some truth on how Billionaires Won't "Saving" Us

I have watched this episode very recently and i must say that i am "shocked".

Whenever i used to see news like " Billionaire X have donated Y amount of money", it always struck me like how generous he/she is, how much he/she cares about poor and deprived people.

My perception about them has shattered after seeing this episode. It was so illuminating. 

I think a country should not provide it citizens the option of becoming multi billionaire in the first place because whenever a person touches that peak, he starts to act like a "know it all" person then tries to reshape the society in a way they think it should be by using their money and influence.

This video also shows us that it is not enough to just have the good intentions. Even in the case of Bill gates, although he is very famous worldwide for his philanthropic activities, he just went on to dictate policies in a way he had wished for, which is definitely a corruption.

Maybe he did it unconsciously, but it is not enough to somehow justify his deed.

I think some measures should be taken by the government to systemically end the influence of rich people from public policies. It is not their right to decide the course of direction of a society. It should be the citizens who will take  control over policies by following democratic rules and manners.    

@Annoynymous Ive always questioned the super-rich including Bill Gates on their real intentions because I see so many problems in their respective countries and why they dont feel a need to "fix" them.  But at the same time, Bill Gates does much more than I am doing so at least he is impacting in the way he feels is important to him.  

Its possible Bill Gates and these people that are "doing good" are just diluted within themselves and live in a bubble that makes them unable to see their own shadows.  Their consciousness level is a super orange and early green so their ability to solve problems are only at that level and if that is the case they really just don't know any better.  

@Tanz Bill gates is at least better than other billionaires because he is trying to make a positive impact even if he is creating unconscious evil.

But others are worse than that. They are deliberately putting a mask of a "good man" in order to save themselves of something like tax. They are just self serving evils pretending to help others but in reality, they are the ones who should be blamed for creating much suffering of ordinary people.

It is also a matter of irony that their shady works are so deceitful that often people just overlooks/ don't understand them. But if one takes a closer look, their lies can be seen like daylight.

That's what Hasan Minhaj has done through this episode. I just love to watch his show <3

Edited by Annoynymous

I think Anand speaks eloquently on this theme of billionaire altruism. In particular, billionaires that launder themselves through donation for their greater benefit. I like how Anand makes clear that it's not about the donation itself. The donation itself is fine. It is using the donation to cloak oneself that can be a problem. For example, a billionaire CEO at JP Morgan may donate 10 million dollars to a charity, which is wonderful. Yet that 10 million dollars is a trivial expense to the billionaire and he may get a lot of mileage out of it. The billionaire could promote an image of himself that is altruistic as he his manipulating poor people with toxic loans. The shady behavior of the billionaire may inhibit his access to politicians and tax policy. The politician is just too uncomfortable to meet with such a shady billionaire. Yet, a 10 million dollar donation to an orphanage provides enough cover that could give the billionaire access to the politician and allow him to alter tax policy in his favor. 

Anand speaks about this early in the interview. He doesn't hold back at all. It's awesome. 

Thanks for sharing. Amazing how much this flies under the radar. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@Raptorsin7 The problems I would fix are more than money problems. In fact most problems are not money ones but if I could change a single thing, I would make a radical change to education.  
If I cant make the changes in mainstream schools, I would create a non-profit education center available for people from the ages 5-18 as an after school program.  This would pretty much make mainstream education obsolete.  Our central goal would be to create leaders, innovators, community experts for society. 
Second tier for young adults and adults would be structured like a think tank minus the venture or fund manager as a beneficiary where people with a central goal to build anything or change anything in society can gather to find like-minded people to work with them.   

Much respect to Minhaj, this video is also hilarious 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry