RickyBalboa

Which Spiral Dynamic Stage Triggers You the Most

35 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tenta said:

Nope, that's stage orange, I doubt much of stage green is based around making others look stupid and insecure but that is found in orange a lot.

I didn't say that stage green activism is intentionally trying to make the vast majority of people look really stupid -- I'm just saying that it does make the vast majority of people look really stupid.

Why so serious?

One thing that I want to address here is that human beings are social creatures. This is a given. We can't avoid this. Our survival and success and beyond that do depend on how we socialize and interact with others in society in real life, and no, they are not on the same spiral as we are. Do we even know what to present to them when we introduce ourselves (and give speeches) when meeting for the first time? We cannot just do it on social media. Social media is not the same as meeting someone face to face or in a group. This is what I'm beginning to see from my experience in doing my life purpose.

@RickyBalboa I personally find spiral dynamics to be too much of a high order abstraction to assert much about what entire stages I hate. Abstractions in their ability to describe the many inevitably lose specificity, for example a stage can manifest in 1 million different specific ways. I could answer this question from the perspective of "what theoretical construct triggers me more" or from the perspective of "from examples I've seen what do I hate more". 

Lower stages in general trigger me with their increased aggressiveness. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Playing around with the stages, id say we get triggered most by whatever stage is closest to our current mode of operation. Broadly speaking, if im primarily green then orange would undoubtedly trigger me the most as it's nothing new but very fresh in my current understanding. I also think it's safe to say no one is primarily one stage along the spectrum as everyone is constantly expanding/evolving in various areas as more space is created 

@undeather  That video was great!  It really threw my whole integral and developmental framework for a loop.  I particularly loved the last part where he talked about where he thought the leading edge was: INTERSUBJECTIVITY!  I've been looking for this for years now and haven't really found anything (accept telepathy) until they started talking about this.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@undeather Ten minutes into this video and just pointing out that this isn't a critique of the integral model, it's a critique of how people have used the integral model. 

The integral model isn't set in stone, it is open to being developed , transcend and include the integral model. I've found it very useful, but it does take a long long time to master and I think that should be taken into account when making an overall assesment of the model.

It's really for green people who are moving into yellow and looking for new ways to expand their self concept. Yellow and turquoise are constructs just like any other worldview. 

He's correct, the map is not the territory, but this guy only assumes that people wanted to adhere to and parrot the map, he has no idea how those people used that experience of discussion outside of the discussion. The map is only there to show you sticking points and what needs to be worked on. 

Edited by Nickyy

Maybe this would be a good time to introduce the dunning/Kruger syndrome 

This is in descending order (most hated to the least). I also love this topic, so thanks.

Red (or anything below): Neurotic, controlling, rude, selfish 

Blue: racism, thick ego, emotional, ethnocentrism, cultural superiority, self righteous 

Green: pseudo feminists... need I say more.

Orange (most people): conformist, selfish

Yellow: too intellectual, haven’t tapped into conscious 

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

On 12/2/2019 at 10:10 PM, PenguinPablo said:

orange bcus i always gets caught up in it

Basically, it's the biggest stage right now

On 12/2/2019 at 4:20 AM, Alex said:

Great question, for me it is probably green/Blue, pretentious moral superiority burns like acid.

Love you response,...Green especially seems to be a very moral lot.  Santa Fe NM is saturated with Greens (SD 6),...much more than the general population,...so they are much easier to observe. 

"When goodness is lost, it is replaced by morality." Lao-tzu

A Buddhist once said, “Morality can only be imposed from without when we are asleep. It can only be pseudo, false, a façade, it cannot become your real being…morality is bound to be nothing but a deep suppression. You cannot do anything while asleep; you can only suppress. And through morality, you will become false. You will not be a person, but simply a “persona”—just a pseudo-entity. . . . Only a dishonest person can be moral."

Edited by V-8
not finished

"The Feminine of Duality is not a gender of Form, but the Wave of a Particle" - V Panetta

On 12/11/2019 at 11:09 PM, Derek White said:

This is in descending order (most hated to the least). I also love this topic, so thanks.

Red (or anything below): Neurotic, controlling, rude, selfish 

Blue: racism, thick ego, emotional, ethnocentrism, cultural superiority, self righteous 

Green: pseudo feminists... need I say more.

Orange (most people): conformist, selfish

Yellow: too intellectual, haven’t tapped into conscious 

YES!  Green are pseudo feminists.  At (high frequency) Yellow one begins to grasp that the Feminine of Duality is not a gender of Form, but the Wave of a Particle.

"The Feminine of Duality is not a gender of Form, but the Wave of a Particle" - V Panetta

Until couple of months ago it was mostly blue. The ultra-orthodox way of living.

But interestingly, today is the orange culture. The oversecularism. The shallowness.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!