RickyBalboa

Which Spiral Dynamic Stage Triggers You the Most

35 posts in this topic

and which qualities actively trigger you? Hope I'm not starting a war by posting this. 

Orange because its the one that is closest to the parts of me that I know I need to abandon even though I have grown past most of it.  

There is still a part of me that wants to be right and wants to excel beyond the field I am in or the things that I do.  

Rationalism, Materialism, Libertarianism can sometimes trigger me

Great question, for me it is probably green/Blue, pretentious moral superiority burns like acid.

Orange is the new black 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Every stage that seeks to become another.

And every stage that does not seek to become any other.

I believe it used to trigger me when I had unhealed parts of it within myself. Now I know when something triggers me, I need to look within myself. After doing some inner research, I find that I'm not triggered by it. I'm just mostly amused. It's sometimes difficult to keep a straight face when someone's trying to argue with you.

I dont get triggered by any specific stage, maybe parts of it can be very annoying in everday life. (Mean green meme, stage red tribalism..)

What really grinds my gears when it comes to spiral dynamics are unintegrated, pseudospiritual, "second tier" idiots who told themselves a story about  their amazing developement, yet cant even start to fathom all the fallacies they ran into. It must be the most misunderstood model in the spiritual world and even integral "masters" like Ken Wilber admit that. 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

@undeather

11 minutes ago, undeather said:

What really grinds my gears when it comes to spiral dynamics are unintegrated, pseudospiritual, "second tier" idiots who told themselves a story about  their amazing developement, yet cant even start to fathom all the fallacies they ran into. 

I'm curious now. I'm potentially one of these idiots. Assuming I was, what would some of the common blindspots and biases be that would reveal that I'm not where I think I am?

Edited by RickyBalboa

@undeather @RickyBalboa Parts of orange trigger me, which probably means I have a fair bit of green that I have to get rid of, either that or I'm totally at blue :D

1 hour ago, undeather said:

What really grinds my gears when it comes to spiral dynamics are unintegrated, pseudospiritual, "second tier" idiots who told themselves a story about  their amazing developement, yet cant even start to fathom all the fallacies they ran into. It must be the most misunderstood model in the spiritual world and even integral "masters" like Ken Wilber admit that. 

You're right, this takes years to get right, which is why some people can study the model for 20 years and not move an inch away from orange.

Have mercy on us idiots, were trying 

None, actually.

I think I interact with ppl mostly in orange and maybe green in my society. If you take into consideration Spiral Dynamics, Maslow's, and other things we've talked about, including your life purpose, then it isn't hard to go networking and interact with others there. In fact, the more you practice, the more opportunities you will get at being successful in life and passing on the message of non-duality and love through your life purpose. It isn't easy. It takes practice. Most ppl will have to cover their basic needs first (through their life purpose) before even passing on any profound messages. Yes, you can setup your life purpose in a way that covers your basic needs as well as passing on profound messages to the general public.

Blues and below are really falling behind. It's not easy to work with a blue or even a stuck orange. Children of blues are really rebelling, but unfortunately, some are getting too stuck in orange and can't move pass that.

1 hour ago, tenta said:

Mostly red, blue and orange.

Spoken like a true post modernist  ?

Blue folks tend to trigger me 'cause they seem to be retarded & insecure morons.

Orange folks tend to trigger me 'cause they make me feel like a retarded & insecure moron.

Green folks tend to trigger me 'cause they make everyone else look like retarded & insecure morons.

Why so serious?

18 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Green folks tend to trigger me 'cause they make everyone else look like retarded & insecure morons.

Nope, that's stage orange, I doubt much of stage green is based around making others look stupid and insecure but that is found in orange a lot.

Edited by tenta

3 hours ago, RickyBalboa said:

@undeather

I'm curious now. I'm potentially one of these idiots. Assuming I was, what would some of the common blindspots and biases be that would reveal that I'm not where I think I am?

I dont have the time, nor the sufficient english skills to make an in-depth analysis about what is wrong with most people using integral models like spiral dynamics. I have tried in the past and failed, but dont worry, I wont leave you hanging there! It seems to me that a huge junk of people nowadays just repeat what they hear from Leo or some other spiritual teacher without actually doing the difficult thing and research/think for themselves. I mean, just ask yourself: How many hours of your life did you actually spend researching that one map you use almost everyday when you judge a certain system or person? I see this every day in here - spiral dynamics here, integral there, non-duality here, ego there - yet only very rarely I see someone who tought those things through. This is a huge problem in this community. 

Here are some questions/marterials you can use to get a better understanding:

Read: Every important work from Claire Graves/Don Beck/Ken Wilber 
Get your hands on "Cosmic Counciousness with Ken Wilber" on audible! 
Watch the integral interviews with Doshin Roshi
Read about the integral institute and learn about the people in it
Read about the pathologies often described in certain stages

1) What does integral really mean in a developmental context?
What does integrate and transcend really mean?

2) Why did basically every instituation/company that worked or was trying to incorporate integral frameworks fail sooner or later and had to change/adapt its strategies to survive? 

3) Is there really something like a second/third tier? Is this maybe completely abritrary?
If yes, then what are factors that would get you there? What are the problems?
Is it enough to be "aware" of the stages? (i.e: "If you are reading this book about spiral dynamics, you are already second tier" - Ken Wilber)
What is system thinking and what are its limits?

4) Why would different spiritual/developmental teachers have fundamentally different ideas where to rank certain people on the spiral?
(I.e  Jordan Peterson in blue vs yellow, depending on the source). Is there even a right or wrong? If not, what does this say about the map?

5) Spiral dynamics as a hidden ego-enhancer?

6) Can you be at stage turqoise without the disciplinary aspects and "backbone" of blue, the money mindset of orange, the enviromentalism of green and even the healthy tribal parts in red?

Propably the best critique of integral theory I have ever heard:

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Mostly blue, maybe because i live in a predominantly blue society.

Orange also disgusts me from time to time.