Justincredible76

How to eliminate marijuana’s drowsy comedown properties?

14 posts in this topic

When i vaporize my marijuana concentrate, for the first 40 minutes i experience a very excited cerebral high where i often can easily induce myself into meditative states. Its very entertaining but most of all its helpful. However, this effect ends for me around 40min-1hr after ingestion. What proceeds it is a drowsy feeling of sleepiness, lack of determination, laziness, hunger, and other lower vibrational states of consciousness. I am wondering how i can get rid of that. Do i even need to do anything? Or will it go away on its own if in very accepting of it? When i take a nap it usually disappears completely. 

@Arcangelo I use both types of weed when I meditate and I have had very good results. I think the important thing is to set an intention when you smoke weed. If you are meditating or doing some other spiritual work while you get high then weed can work well for you. But if you use it enjoy normal pleasures more then you will just hurt your own growth. Strain is not as important.

@Raptorsin7  Nah. He needs sativa strains if he doesn't like marijuana’s drowsy comedown properties.

Trust me i have smoked weed everyday of my life for 23 years.

Arc

@Justincredible76 try not smoking concentrate, it’s too strong and messes with your brain chemistry. Just vape regular trees and see how that goes maybe. 

concentrates make me crash and feel depressed and anxious but I get none of that with regular old vaped bud. Just make sure it’s very high quality. Sativa or  Indica doesn’t really matter all that much. Quality matters more. It’s kinda of like alcohol, better quality doesn’t give you the same hangover. 

I would also recommend having a plan when you smoke. If you use for mediation or Contemplation great, but if you’re smoking and doing nothing that’s a problem. My routine is after breakfast and morning clients I vape, meditate and then workout. By the time I finish and take a shower I’m 100% sober again and energized for the rest of my day. If you’re still groggy you smoked too much and will stay lazy till you smoke again. This is the major problem with smokers, no discipline and they start relaying on weed to be motivated to do anything.  

@Justincredible76 the general understanding that I am aware in the cannabis dispensary community is Sativa is for the mind and Indica(aka in-da-couch) is for the body.

Once the effect of marijuana fades the feelings you mentioned are inevitable. There is huge potential to abuse and addiction with marijuana. It negatively affects teenage brains. It will make you lazy and robs you of energy where you will lose your vitality and waning will power.

Of course it is a psychoactive substance and might have some benefits here and there. But with the toxicity of low consciousness culture around it, it  is something to be avoided. 

Instead Psychedelics are much better tools.

The effect of psychedelics appears to take place largely outside dopamine pathways, which could explain why these drugs are not habit-forming.

I feel the same, if i don't binge eating, my trip will be pretty active, high vibration, full of insights and energy by in the comedown i tend to get low energy, lazy, brain fogged, apathetic etc. 

It is said that some strains and types have different effects, for instance, i know that haxixe makes me more active than regular weed.

But i don't know if you can skip this comedown effect, seems to be a law of reality its ups and downs.

Smoke less, like get less high and cut back on frequency. The drowsiness comes on faster the higher our tolerance is, and the peak lasts longer the lower the tolerance. Also +1 for sativa strains although as someone who lives in a legal state and has gone through periods of heavy usage, the line between sativa and indica isn’t as nearly important as everyone thinks. It comes down to the individual strains and finding a strain you resonate with that gives you that energetic cerebral high you’re looking for. 

1 hour ago, TRUTHWITHCAPITALT said:

Instead Psychedelics are much better tools.

The effect of psychedelics appears to take place largely outside dopamine pathways, which could explain why these drugs are not habit-forming.

While I agree traditional psychedelics are more effective, I personally consider weed to be psychedelic. Ive had visuals, insights into my subconscious mind, and a dissolving of self/other while blasted on weed. If someone doesn’t have access to normal psychedelics, weed can be a better than nothing alternative. 

It DOES have a high potential for abuse though for sure... 

Some coffee, doing some cardio, etc. You're always gonna crash from anything that brings you up, though.

Don't smoke concentrates, I have heard they have synthetic cannabinoids in them.

14 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

@Justincredible76 try not smoking concentrate, it’s too strong and messes with your brain chemistry. Just vape regular trees and see how that goes maybe. 

concentrates make me crash and feel depressed and anxious but I get none of that with regular old vaped bud. Just make sure it’s very high quality. Sativa or  Indica doesn’t really matter all that much. Quality matters more. It’s kinda of like alcohol, better quality doesn’t give you the same hangover. 

I would also recommend having a plan when you smoke. If you use for mediation or Contemplation great, but if you’re smoking and doing nothing that’s a problem. My routine is after breakfast and morning clients I vape, meditate and then workout. By the time I finish and take a shower I’m 100% sober again and energized for the rest of my day. If you’re still groggy you smoked too much and will stay lazy till you smoke again. This is the major problem with smokers, no discipline and they start relaying on weed to be motivated to do anything.  

All my Friends introvert stay home doing art and smoking weed.

We hate interacting with people mostly ( non introvert / clients ) ( energy déplétion ).

There is no major problèms.

I think we started weed to be just motivated by life.

Lazy doesn't exist.

Observator human produce more than doer if they can 'do it' in the end.