Aggelos Doulgerakis

Great talk about Holistic Medicine (Joe Rogan and Dr. Andrew Weil)

42 posts in this topic

This is a great podcast indeed, watched/listened multiple times and each time I get a new valuable piece of info I didnt catch before.

He really covered great info on so much, healthy foods/herbs, mindy/body connection (and the powers of healing pain/illness from within), pitfalls of modern medicine/academia, psychedelics and nature of consciousness (he touched on how everything is consciousness)

You should check out Weils appearance on the Aubrey marcus podcast, very good as well. Posted it here earlier. 

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

This is a fun one to listen to, thanks for sharing! 

interesting I’ve found that the food I consume is directly influencing how my skin responds to the light of the sun. The more alkaline food I have in me the better I am able to absorb sun light without actually burning 

10 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

This is a fun one to listen to, thanks for sharing! 

interesting I’ve found that the food I consume is directly influencing how my skin responds to the light of the sun. The more alkaline food I have in me the better I am able to absorb sun light without actually burning 

This is probably a function of eating a healthy diet. I eat highly "acidic" foods like animal products and grains but I don't burn either. I haven't had sunburn for 13 years 

34 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

This is probably a function of eating a healthy diet. I eat highly "acidic" foods like animal products and grains but I don't burn either. I haven't had sunburn for 13 years 

I’m from Arizona and I’ve always had to build up my immunity Or a tan for sun exposure especially after winter time. if I wanted to avoid a sun burn I couldn’t go out for longer than half an hour depending on the time of day but since I learned about the lymphatic system, I can directly see how, depending on its cleanness, the risk risk I’m at for irritation/burning by the sun. I can literally feel my skin cooking if I’ve eaten a lot of acidic foods but I won’t burn all day if I’m in detox 

3 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

I’m from Arizona and I’ve always had to build up my immunity Or a tan for sun exposure especially after winter time. if I wanted to avoid a sun burn I couldn’t go out for longer than half an hour depending on the time of day but since I learned about the lymphatic system, I can directly see how, depending on its cleanness, the risk risk I’m at for irritation/burning by the sun. I can literally feel my skin cooking if I’ve eaten a lot of acidic foods but I won’t burn all day if I’m in detox 

I've never detoxed my lymphatic system and I'm just fine. I'm polish/Scottish descent. Blond hair blue eyes. It wasn't until I started eating real food that I stopped burning. Nothing to do with the lymphatic system at all.

25 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

I've never detoxed my lymphatic system and I'm just fine. I'm polish/Scottish descent. Blond hair blue eyes. It wasn't until I started eating real food that I stopped burning. Nothing to do with the lymphatic system at all.

You’d surely be dead if you’re lymphatic system wasn’t eliminating/disposing of waste lmao. What do you think it does whenever you’re not eating or sleeping? I think it depends on the current state of homeostasis, level of acidity and efficiency/ability to release the toxins. Of course genes will impact these conditions as well but I’d love to run a test experiment for myself lol.  

when you say real foods I assume they are food you will eliminate well and makes you feel good/healthy (perhaps well balanced) and this is how I’ve always eaten too, mainly intuitively 

(edit: this forum gets tiresome on my phone because I’ll type something up and try to send it then lose the entire page and have to rewrite everything 9_9)

Edited by DrewNows

23 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

You’d surely be dead if you’re lymphatic system wasn’t eliminating/disposing of waste lmao. What do you think it does whenever you’re not eating or sleeping? I think it depends on the current state of homeostasis, level of acidity and efficiency/ability to release the toxins. Of course genes will impact these conditions as well but I’d love to run a test experiment for myself lol.  

when you say real foods I assume they are food you will eliminate well and makes you feel good/healthy (perhaps well balanced) and this is how I’ve always eaten too, mainly intuitively 

You mention "detox" in the context of a deliberate detox diet of eating fruit. I've never done that. So I've never deliberately detoxed my lymphatic system. 

The fact is, you and I both notice that we don't burn anymore. I would say that it's got more to do with eating whole foods and getting the right nutrients than it has to do with conceps like "lymphatic detoxing" or "acid/alakline" etc etc or foods that "eliminate" well, whatever that means. All of that is just a story, one of many, partial, to explain an experience. It's not the truth. Looking at cases like Jessica Ainscough who also bought into the detox cures cancer story and died as a result explains why this is so. One of many many people who bought into an ideology and never survived. 

That's the point I'm making.

Edited by Nickyy

Just now, Nickyy said:

You mention "detox" in the context of a deliberate detox diet of eating fruit. I've never done that. So I've never deliberately detoxed my lymphatic system. 

The fact is, you and I both notice that we don't burn anymore. I would say that it's got more to do with eating whole foods and getting the right nutrients than it has to do with conceps like "lymphatic detoxing" or "acid/alakline" etc etc.

That's the point I'm making.

I said I will burn whenever I eat a lot of acidic foods, so yes I still burn. In Costa Rica one evening I ate a lot of cooked food (fish tacos etc) and the next day, burned, walking around town a few hours. This was the only time I burned on the trip 

you say you have blue eyes? Cool. I’m currently learning iridology, this is a post from a woman’s 1 year eye changes posted today in a group (supposedly it’s returning to a true blue) and i can also see many areas of improvements based off how to read the eyes (however I’m no expert, just started reading a few books and watched videos) 

6BF5385B-A268-434F-9B4E-D16304EB4234.jpeg

btw I’m not doing detox because I feel I have to, I am doing it because I want to and I enjoy the benefits it offers me. I’m not against breatharian living as you may know and I also what to explore this avenue 

@DrewNows Its no surprise to me that you are now studying "iridoligy"

Isn't that some story that the cleaner your body is the more you're eyes turn blue?

If that's the case, then why do people with blue eyes still die of cancer?

Makes no sense.

So you burn when you eat acidic foods and I don't burn when I eat acidic foods.

Still your story makes no sense because I eat acidic foods and I don't burn. So your theory falls flat on its face, doesn't it? 

Edited by Nickyy

27 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

@DrewNows Its no surprise to me that you are now studying "iridoligy"

Isn't that some story that the cleaner your body is the more you're eyes turn blue?

If that's the case, then why do people with blue eyes still die of cancer?

Makes no sense.

So you burn when you eat acidic foods and I don't burn when I eat acidic foods.

Still your story makes no sense because I eat acidic foods and I don't burn. So your theory falls flat on its face, doesn't it? 

Your ignorance is amusing. No I’m not just now studying iridology but I have learned about it since I began “detox” 

If I eat a little acidic food here and there I won’t burn but when I go from eating only fruit to eating a bunch of fried food, processed sugar and alcohol, of course I’ll have major blockages, constipation and a build up of acid. 

please if you have a good idea to test to verify this claim of mine perhaps I may give it a go 

10 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Your ignorance is amusing. No I’m not just now studying iridology but I have learned about it since I began “detox” 

If I eat a little acidic food here and there I won’t burn but when I go from eating only fruit to eating a bunch of fried food, processed sugar and alcohol, of course I’ll have major blockages, constipation and a build up of acid. 

please if you have a good idea to test to verify this claim of mine perhaps I may give it a go 

If people with blue eyes have cleaned out their lymphatic system, as iridoligy suggests is the case, then why do people with blue eyes still get cancer? And why don't they change to brown eyes when they eat "acidic food"? 

Of course you burn when you eat fried food, processed sugar and alcohol ,because thats not whole foods. Your own experience backs my suspicion.

So people who don't blindly believe quackery like acid/alakline and iridoligy but can debunk such nonsense with basic common sense are now "ignorant"?

3 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

If people with blue eyes have cleaned out their lymphatic system, as iridoligy suggests is the case, then why do people with blue eyes still get cancer? And why don't they change to brown eyes when they eat "acidic food"? 

Of course you burn when you eat fried food, processed sugar and alcohol ,because thats not whole foods. Your own experience backs my suspicion.

So people who don't blindly believe quackery like acid/alakline and iridoligy but can debunk such nonsense with basic common sense are now "ignorant"?

Sorry dude Iridology doesn’t work like that. But having blue eyes is easier to read the weaknesses revealed. There are only two true colors of eyes though: blue and brown

youre calling chemistry of the body as quackery? RM is a systems thinker in my eyes who understands how to explain the physics and chemistry of the body with simplicity and it’s apparent you aren’t open to testing his theory so there’s no point in going any further

2 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Sorry dude Iridology doesn’t work like that. But having blue eyes is easier to read the weaknesses revealed. There are only two true colors of eyes though: blue and brown

youre calling chemistry of the body as quackery? RM is a systems thinker in my eyes who understands how to explain the physics and chemistry of the body with simplicity and it’s apparent you aren’t open to testing his theory so there’s no point in going any further

You keep forgetting that I've watched HOURS of his videos. 

Iridoligy most certainly does work like that. I states that the cleaner the body the bluer the eyes.

That's the claim. 

So why do people who have blue eyes still get cancer? 

Why do people who detox still get cancer?

Why do you and I burn when I eat a terrible diet but don't when we stop eating junk food? I still eat meat and grains (highly acidic foods) and you eat fruit. So it can't be the fruit detox that's doing it. 

Edited by Nickyy

Just now, Nickyy said:

You keep forgetting that I've watched HOURS of his videos. 

No man I haven’t. You have claimed such and I do recall but why on earth would you watch hours and hours if you don’t wish to test his claims? 

Ive always been an athlete, college too, took my health as serious as I saw necessary based off the knowledge I had and simply testing out detox for less than a month revealed so much I didn’t know was possible. Mending torn hamstring that never properly healed, no more inflammation, swelling, almost no body odor, no pain, no heavy legs (felt like a kid again with endless energy all the time) and don’t even need to workout to stay fit or train to keep good cardio 

@Nickyy this is a iridology map but you’d still have to watch a video on how to read it in a real eye I think lol CA2BA4E6-00D9-4ECE-9015-677DF5E19F05.png

2 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

No man I haven’t. You have claimed such and I do recall but why on earth would you watch hours and hours if you don’t wish to test his claims? 

Ive always been an athlete, college too, took my health as serious as I saw necessary based off the knowledge I had and simply testing out detox for less than a month revealed so much I didn’t know was possible. Mending torn hamstring that never properly healed, no more inflammation, swelling, almost no body odor, no pain, no heavy legs (felt like a kid again with endless energy all the time) and don’t even need to workout to stay fit or train to keep good cardio 

Ok. Fasting works. We have other people (over there) who fast only on water, sometimes nothing and it works.

What I'm trying to get at is you don't need a story about it.

Yellow removes the stories and compares the results from different systems of thought, and then takes what's common from them to integrate them together 

Yellow says "fruit and fasting seem to work" but drops the unhealthy ideologies from the result.

Yellow teases apart the pathological from the healthy. 

That's why Dr Morse is nowhere near second tier. He's a delusional story teller bashing other systems rather than integrating what's common about them

imo Robert Morse is the best healer of our time and this is my new favorite video of his discussing spirituality to one of his Level 1 training classes 

Nickyy I really did some deep reflecting and let go of the beliefs I acquired from him while I was journaling in Costa Rica after our long “disputes” because I wanted to observe my biases 

here’s what I wrote about him: RM communicates a system of beliefs, hypnotically, to ensure the cleansing process of the physical body. This process also brings with it a sort of cleansing of the mind as the body and mind are directly connected (one); of course there’s the spiritual aspect which becomes the guiding system for the journey. Fear based approaches will yield more irresponsibility, karma and suffering. Not only is there a required maturing process but an expanding of awareness with glimpses of the true self. This is healing through nature and is not for the faint hearted. That’s why it’s often for the chronically ill 

@Nickyy if you don’t see the truth in his modality then that’s your problem. I’m not concerned about stage yellow and what he may appear to be for you...his relative truths are closest to my own experiences and most relatable to the journey of breatharians (again I am not concerned with your beliefs on this)