Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ampresus

I want to do volunteer work, but I have no work experience

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

Something which came across my mind back when I was home alone for a week was what I wanted to do. I already know what I really want to do, but even if I get to go to university and get my degrees, I'll probably still need work experience. I started contemplating more about this and realized that I didn't want to work. I didn't want to do a stupid job with minimum wage just for the work experience. So I came up with an alternative: volunteer work. My first thought was volunteering for the United Nations, however I am too young.

That is ultimately my barrier. Most non-profit organizations aren't particularly looking for teens, at least not in my area. Maybe I can land an interview, but as I previously mentioned I don't know what I am qualified for. I have basically no experience. I don't know what things there are that one can volunteer for. I did some research on my own, but only found vacancies which require some kind of experience.

I hope someone can help me out here.

How old are you? There's plenty of volunteer opportunities if you search for European Solidarity Corps (formerly called EVS, some organizations and facebook groups still use the old name).

There are also websites like https://www.workaway.info/

@d0ornokey Forget the experience part then. I just feel like doing charity work more than normal work. I would like to help people. Does Leo say anything about that?