Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Florian

A thought about values

4 posts in this topic

I just had this thought about values and I think this might be valueble but I'm not sure.

So I had this thought, that some values on the master values list of the Life purpose course are more fundamental then others like for example the value leadership might actually just be a mix of growth and impact or something like that. So that would mean growth and impact are more basic then leadership. 

But I know Leo mentioned that values are different for everyone and one value can have a totally different meaning for 2 different people and that might be the answer for this thought, but what do you think is there something about this?

Yes makes sense to me. But like you said, largely depends on the definition.

A leader you can see as someone who embodies high spiritual truths, self-mastery. Love, wisdom whilst helping others to grow and awaken. That would be a deep definition that includes and transcends other values.

But leadership could also be seen as one facet of embodying love. 
Same for growth. You could see leadership as one facet of assisting the universe’s growth. For me personaly, growth is more fundamental to leadership.

Its largely dependent on definition, but also on what accents you want to have. 
You can slice it in different ways.

Depth of definition is the main thing perhaps. Was giving a workshop on this last week, where one girl had Truth as her highest value. When I asked her about it some shallow garbage came.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

For example: 90% Freedom + 10% Love = Growth (This is just relatively random but I think Growth might be a mix of freedom and love didnt think much about it though), so maybe there is one fundational value (maybe Oneness or nondualaty?) which then splits into more (I think maybe freedom and love) which then mixes into all different kinds of values.

Yes

Why freedom tho? Its kinda meaningless without the other values. But hey they are highly subjective so...