Armand

Hypnotherapy?

24 posts in this topic

Nervous about seeing a hypnotherapist for some help to relieve my high stress, and other deeper underlying issues. Most would be scared to be put to sleep by another person using hypnosis. Fears of being controlled and shit. I've had a few people tell me that it's great for digging out the issues that's bothering someone's subconscious, and manipulating it to help relieve the mind of it's bad triggers while you're asleep. My friends seem fine after their experiences. Wanting the weight lifted. Has this worked for you guys?

Do you really want to give your power away by trying to fix your problems by trusting a process you don't even understand? You can do it, it might even work. But what if a new problem pops up, are going to let yourself be hypnotized again? 

Wouldn't it be way more satisfactory if you found out the root of the problem and address it yourself? So you can look it in the eye and see it's just a toothless tiger in the light of truth. 

But do as you wish.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

hey! I know this post is from a few days ago,but I'm wondering if you had a hypno session yet and how it went. I'm no expert for sure,but I have found it really useful over the past few years.sometimes hypno is really helpful in getting you to a place where you are calm and clear enough to really stand there and look at that toothless tiger and see it for what it is (like the other guy was saying)...but you are for sure not going to "get put to sleep" and get magically fixed.If your hypnotist is telling you it works like that you should find a new one.and I would suggest doing a little research on who ever you go to.it won't be a benefit to you if subconsciously kinda wonder if this is for real,is it gonna work,ect.-look into this persons info,success rate in helping people,things like that---have you looked into auto or self hypnosis?

On 6/8/2016 at 7:34 PM, governor said:

hey! I know this post is from a few days ago,but I'm wondering if you had a hypno session yet and how it went. I'm no expert for sure,but I have found it really useful over the past few years.sometimes hypno is really helpful in getting you to a place where you are calm and clear enough to really stand there and look at that toothless tiger and see it for what it is (like the other guy was saying)...but you are for sure not going to "get put to sleep" and get magically fixed.If your hypnotist is telling you it works like that you should find a new one.and I would suggest doing a little research on who ever you go to.it won't be a benefit to you if subconsciously kinda wonder if this is for real,is it gonna work,ect.-look into this persons info,success rate in helping people,things like that---have you looked into auto or self hypnosis?

a hypno session with the right person could be a big help in getting over hurdles,  i remember two books that i read that most might enjoy was Dr. Michael Newtons, ( journey of souls, and destiny of souls) i liked the latter one the most,  he spent over 50 years regressing patients back into past live to help them overcome problems, most often your problem doesnt lie in this present lifetime.  he had several thousand people he had helped, the key is finding the right person,  and if you dont know enough about it find someone who really does and listen.

On June 4, 2016 at 3:38 AM, Armand said:

Nervous about seeing a hypnotherapist for some help to relieve my high stress, and other deeper underlying issues. Most would be scared to be put to sleep by another person using hypnosis. Fears of being controlled and shit. I've had a few people tell me that it's great for digging out the issues that's bothering someone's subconscious, and manipulating it to help relieve the mind of it's bad triggers while you're asleep. My friends seem fine after their experiences. Wanting the weight lifted. Has this worked for you guys?

My mom is a certified hypnotist, and contrary to popular misconception hypnotherapists aren't controlling you. It's always you who either takes the suggestion or doesn't. The hypnotherapist only has as much control as you allow them to have.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Yikes.

I've never had anything like this done to me before. I would be so be scared too.

@Armand

Hi Armand,

I wanted to give you my input,  knowledge, and my experiences with hypnosis because I am former client of hypnosis.  And I also wanted to explain to you why you shouldn't be scared of hypnosis. 

My Experiences:

I first came to experience Hypnosis and it's benefits about 3 years ago.  My two room mates suggested it to me.  They said one session is like equivalent to one year of therapy.  Honestly I was skeptical at first, but I had tried everything: counseling, therapy, psychiatrists, psychologists, and I wasn't getting the results I wanted.

I've experienced success with hypnosis in achieving my fear of the dark ( I was abused as a small child by a care giver, where I was locked in a dark closet for long periods of time, and completely blocked it out of my mind).  I also used hypnosis to deal with my anger from my dad in the past.  I was angry with how I was brought up and treated (verbal abuse).  I felt abandoned because my mom was consistently traveling for work and I felt I was dumb, stupid, unwanted and unloved.   With hypnosis, I was able to forgive, let go and move on with my life and focus on more important things.  Sometimes when we don't let go of our past it can hinder us from moving forward and creating new success for ourselves. 

The real turning point for me with hypnosis was back in December 2014.  I was in a bar and I was drugged.  The intention was rape, but I don't even know how he would have gotten away with it.  I was told this man drugged my wine with meth, some type of truth serum, and a horse tranquilizer.  It was pretty heavy duty stuff and I had a near death experience.  I was in the hospital for over a week for recovery and placed on heavy psych meds to cope with the situation.  I even went back into the hospital again two weeks later for another week.   It was a big turning point in my life.  I was living with two room mates at the time that were extremely verbally abusive and taking advantage of me financially.  They had put in a corner that I could not escape.  I decided to come home, live with my parents and start my life over.  I was a total mental wreck and still coping with shock when I came back.  So I found a hypnotherapist that I could trust and went through my process of healing.  After a month and four hypnosis sessions I was back to my old self.  Something of this nature if I had chosen other methods for mental healing would have taken me years....  I was very fortunate and thankful for my swift recovery.

I was unhappy with what I studied in college and felt that it wasn't a fit for me.  I had graduated during the time the economy crashed in 2008 so I was extremely screwed over with my education. I knew it was a time for a change, a big change in my life.  I've been told that I have a kind heart and I can relate to people, so I made the choice to go back to school and study hypnotherapy.

I wasn't well accepted by other people for my choice to study hypnosis.  My mom was very skeptical, and very religious.  My mom's pastor's wife at her church gave me this look that I was performing voo doo when I told her what I was studying.  Now it's been over a year and my mother has lost 50 pounds on weight watchers and hypnosis.  When she started hypnosis with me, she could barely walk.  She was on crutches with severe arthritis.  Now she is a completely different person, because she made the choice to take charge of her life.  And now one of the Pastor's at my mother's church is now seeing me for weight loss as well, and is having  wonderful results.

@Armand

What is Hypnosis?

Have you ever watched Leo's video that he did with the guided meditation?  That is hypnosis! lol

Let me further explain to you what hypnosis is and how natural it is in our day to day life.

Hypnosis is a natural state of mind that we go into everyday by ourselves.  It is a heightened state of awareness.  Some examples of hypnosis are: yoga, meditation, prayer,  reading or watching tv (and you are so zoned out from watching tv that when someone walks in the room and starts talking to you, you don't even notice they are there),  driving (you miss your exit because you were thinking about what you were going to eat for dinner, etc.).  etc.

a612d4be7d10a6b660e5c0f62d35e5f1.jpg

When you do alot of enlightenment work with Leo, you will be doing a ton of meditation.  Meditation is hypnosis.  Here are some myths debunked about hypnosis.  I made these images if you're wondering where they are coming from.

49a37e32bd3141a73f1d49476ab13c11.jpg

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or ask me here. 

a59432bb6dcb0241ee8cc0480ac75d05.jpg

I heard that Leo is making another product that deals with the conscious and subconscious mind!  I've dropped hints in the comment section of his videos on his website that he would make an excellent hypnotherapist!  I really hope he does!  He has such a kind heart and passion for helping people!  I consider him to be my life coach!

Oh I forgot to mention this!  -  Also when I was going to the hypnotherapist for healing after I was drugged in the bar, she was also a life coach. So I was receiving both methods, coaching and hypnosis  at the same time.  I see there is such an effectiveness when they are paired together.  I'm so glad Leo has noticed this! :)

633fd8eb6e82224abf762034e59b7c04.jpg

I want you to know that hypnosis is not sleeping! lol It's a common misconception. There are 4 different types of brain wave activity.  As you can see from the chart below that during hypnosis you are in the alpha state.  Delta state is sleeping.  Beta is awake.

* The website listed below, is my old website.  I don't use that website anymore.  It is currently inactive. I'm not listing my website on any of this stuff because it would be a conflict of interest to Leo!  I respect Leo too much to do that to him! :) 

8feecc4f1026e4b8f92ab6a147631dc6.jpg.42f9d9dd583ac17f8ac4bbbaf0713162.jpg.39f988b74dfc22efb18ca75b5769d548.jpg

What is hypnosis used for?
Any habit, behavior or belief.  As long as you have the desire to change, you can use hypnosis.

weight loss, personal development, quit smoking, anxiety, nail biting, dealing with your past, sports enhancement (etc.)

The reason why people have such trouble changing their habits is because 90% of their brain is governed by the Subconscious Mind.  The Subconscious mind deals with all of our habits, behaviors and beliefs.  That's why for some people if they want to lose weight and they know exactly what they need to do (like follow a diet plan like weight watchers, Ideal Protein, Atkins, seeing a trainer etc.) they can't obtain their goals because their beliefs are not congruent with what they want to do.  Often people have alot of emotional ties to food.  For example they use food as a comfort, or a reward.  Like think of the girl that breaks up with her boyfriend and eats the tub of ice cream! lol  And by changing your habits, behaviors and beliefs you can change success!  And Leo does such a good job of that!

d9f4b56d1c327af924dd0f04ab232abe.jpg

Here are some weight loss statistics if you are interested.  I can also list below some famous historical figures and celebrities that have used hypnosis.  A lot of people are familiar with Tiger Woods, the famous golf star that uses a hypnotist on a regular basis for golf performance and sports enhancement.

*Again I'm stating that the link below, is inactive.  I have another website, but I'm not handing it out to anyone because I respect Leo and that would be a conflict of interest.  I'm simply offering this information because I genuinely care and I remember how nervous I was when I went to see a hypnotist/hypnotherapist for the very first time.

I'll list a few statistics.  You can find a lot more online if you do your research. :)

Hypnosis Subjects Lost More Weight Than 90% of Others and Kept it Off

Researchers analyzed 18 studies comparing a cognitive behavioral therapy such as relaxation training, guided imagery, self monitoring, or goal setting with the same therapy supplemented by hypnosis.

Those who received the hypnosis lost more weight than 90 percent of those not receiving hypnosis and maintained the weight loss two years after treatment ended.

University of Connecticut, Storrs Allison DB, Faith MS. Hypnosis as an adjunct to cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy for obesity: a meta-analytic reappraisal. Journal of Consulting Clinical Psychology  in 1996 (Vol. 64, No. 3, pgs 513-516)

Hypnosis can more than double the effects of traditional weight loss approaches

An analysis of five weight loss studies reported in the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology in 1996 showed that the "… weight loss reported in the five studies indicates that hypnosis can more than double the effects" of traditional weight loss approaches.

University of Connecticut, Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology in 1996 (Vol. 64, No. 3, pgs 517-519)..

af7aaf41184e9c47a10d65d5bcaf961e.jpg.c186058d9d171165f033fae511dcbea6.jpg.7a00365833f998e99b7ff836c77400c8.jpg

Famous celebrities that use hypnosis:  (and there is a whole lot more if you do your research).  :)

Geri Halliwell (singer): The ex-spice girl, Ginger Spice, adds to the numbers of Celebs who have used hypnotherapy to lose weight and get fit.

Fergie (singer): the lead singer of the Black Eyed Peas (and a solo artist in her own right), keeps a hypnotherapist on speed dial when she’s touring, according to Marie Claire magazine. The singer-turned-actress (she’s starred in Rob Marshall’s movie “Nine”), had to gain and lose several pounds for the role. Fergie keeps her weight in check by strength training and of course, dancing around the stage night after night

Orlando Bloom (actor): Orlando used hypnosis as a child. His mother took him to see a hypnotist to help him to overcome his addiction to chocolate and also to help him to lose weight and get into shape.

Ellen DeGeneres (celebrity): Ellen underwent hypnosis live on her tv chat show, and used it's power to successfully stop smoking.

Matt Damon (actor): Matt proclaimed his love for hypnosis live on TV, stating that it was the greatest decision I ever made in my life. This was to Jay Leno, and he was referring to using hypnosis to stop smoking

86e37eea8572b4e69f16158600fab8d1.jpg

09db5325948f11e8a6a721cc6855534a.jpg36d4fee3543e10e00528455cb28de378.jpg

Ok, I've posted enough stuff to make your brain explode!  I hope that helps!

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Much Love and Light,
Carrie

@governor I did see one, and I've felt better about things that before I would have gotten a negative feeling towards. Better than any therapy session I've ever had. 

@Carrie You gave me enough to write a book on my experience with hypnosis. ha. I remember my session, but her voice was so soothing on my soul. I brought myself out of it. I was afraid of being "asleep", but like you said I was actually not sleeping at all.  I can honestly say she is a highly professional woman who was able to pull out information I wasn't comfortable talking about before to anyone.. and this was before the session had started. It might of helped my mind realize that it needed to unburden itself a bit by letting go of my past issues. It's weird knowing I had anxiety before, but now I feel like it's not apart of who I am anymore. Really powerful work was done in my case.

@Emerald Wilkins Do you know some tips on self hypnosis? 

Edited by Armand