Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasheed

Mindfulness Around People

18 posts in this topic

Can one practice mindfulness around people? 

Can individual meditate around people? 

I do not do it, because I feel like than my subconscious mind becomes open to suggestion, and I don't want people to condition my subconscious mind for me...is that even a case???

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

6 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Rasheed Becoming more mindful around people will make you more conscious of how others manipulate you and you manipulate others.

Great! Also I find, around other low conscious people , often times I stop being my authentic self.

Does this happen to you too?

In your opinion, what is the best way to fix this?

This used to happen in my life, more often but as I am increasing the quality of my consciousness, it is occuring less and less.

For me answer is increasing the quality of my consciousness.

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

You certainly can but this is one of those areas that is good to merge everyday normal life and meditation. Be as present as you can focusing on your breath, eyes open, looking normal, interacting when appropriate. 

Other people cannot condition your subconscious mind, it can seem like they have unwanted influence sometimes but it says more about your own susceptibility than them. Is this a fear that can be stayed with and seen for what it is, rather than allowing it to control your experience and perceptions? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

You can indulge yet be detached simultaneously.

B R E A T H E

15 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You certainly can but this is one of those areas that is good to merge everyday normal life and meditation. Be as present as you can focusing on your breath, eyes open, looking normal, interacting when appropriate. 

Other people cannot condition your subconscious mind, it can seem like they have unwanted influence sometimes but it says more about your own susceptibility than them. Is this a fear that can be stayed with and seen for what it is, rather than allowing it to control your experience and perceptions? 

Reason, I thought this was this: In meditation mind shifts from beta to alpha states. Alpha state is where subconscious mind is receptive to suggestion. Therefore, if individual practices mindfulness meditation around others, those people could influence his subconscious mind..

11 minutes ago, pluto said:

You can indulge yet be detached simultaneously.

Can you elaborate your point?

1 hour ago, Rasheed said:

Reason, I thought this was this: In meditation mind shifts from beta to alpha states. Alpha state is where subconscious mind is receptive to suggestion. Therefore, if individual practices mindfulness meditation around others, those people could influence his subconscious mind..

That's interesting but be aware that it's a belief with a filter of fear, and of self and other. Everyone else is you. You are not separate from them, you are one. What do you gain by separating yourself from others? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

There is a great video from Osho on this subject.

Start from simple tasks, like cleaning your room or doing dishes. Then you can slowly expand your practice to more complex tasks like studying or working. Eventually you'll be able to practice mindfulness during really complex tasks such as talking or having sex.

unborn Truth

8 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

That's interesting but be aware that it's a belief with a filter of fear, and of self and other. Everyone else is you. You are not separate from them, you are one. What do you gain by separating yourself from others? 

What you say makes sense. Yes, others are me but still, If I wake up from the sleep, and for 30 minutes start talking bad things to you, I am directly influencing your subconscious in negative way,what you are going to do? Let me do it? 

This is kind of bad example but what you say is right. 

5 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

There is a great video from Osho on this subject.

Start from simple tasks, like cleaning your room or doing dishes. Then you can slowly expand your practice to more complex tasks like studying or working. Eventually you'll be able to practice mindfulness during really complex tasks such as talking or having sex.

We can perform Mindfulness practice absolutely anywhere, anytime, while any activity?

What happens to subconscious mind while we are mindful, what do you think about that?

1 minute ago, Rasheed said:

What happens to subconscious mind while we are mindful, what do you think about that?

It becomes significantly LESS vulnerable, if that's your concern. Because an experienced meditation practitioner is aware of a huge portion of what goes through the stream of thoughts, which is the opposite characteristic of someone who's a victim of the contents of thoughts.

This is also why the practice of meditation helps you to let go of dogma. Dogmatic people are not aware of the fact that ideas about Reality are not Reality.

unborn Truth

2 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

It becomes significantly LESS vulnerable, if that's your concern. Because an experienced meditation practitioner is aware of a huge portion of what goes through the stream of thoughts, which is the opposite characteristic of someone who's a victim of the contents of thoughts.

This is also why the practice of meditation helps you to let go of dogma. Dogmatic people are not aware of the fact that ideas about Reality are not Reality.

So it is great to practice mindfulness around people, nothing happens to subconscious?

2 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

So it is great to practice mindfulness around people, nothing happens to subconscious?

Yes, it's fine. I don't know where you got this idea from.

unborn Truth

1 minute ago, ajasatya said:

Yes, it's fine. I don't know where you got this idea from.

Thank you. 

On a forum, I got advice to meditate before visualization because mind shifts form beta to theta state...that is untrue?

Maybe that does not happen with mindfulness...I do not know.

@Rasheed I don't know what those states are. But meditation has never caused me any harm.

unborn Truth

3 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Rasheed I don't know what those states are. But meditation has never caused me any harm.

Thank you. I appreciate you for your valuable information.

8 hours ago, Rasheed said:

Great! Also I find, around other low conscious people , often times I stop being my authentic self.

Does this happen to you too?

In your opinion, what is the best way to fix this?

This used to happen in my life, more often but as I am increasing the quality of my consciousness, it is occuring less and less.

For me answer is increasing the quality of my consciousness.

In the beginning it's much easier to get dips but as you get more experience they both decrease in frequency and magnitude.

Keep up the work and the problem will disappear.

6 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

In the beginning it's much easier to get dips but as you get more experience they both decrease in frequency and magnitude.

Keep up the work and the problem will disappear.

Great.

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

There. Is. No. Assertion. 

Truth.