Identity

Sharing actualized.org content

21 posts in this topic

Over the last few years, as I’ve been following Leo’s videos, I have shared videos with around 15 people in my environment.

I was just thinking about it now, and every time I am surprised by the reactions. What surprises me is the neutrality of the reaction. I would think that people would either go “oh my god, I need to rethink my whole life”, or would strongly repel and argue against it.

Interestingly though, I always get vanilla response. Let me give you some examples:

I shared the “a vision for the self-actualized life” with around 5-10 people over time, because its one that had a big impact on me. Almost unanimously I get reactions like “yeah, I see what he is saying, getting the most out of life, yeah, thats kind of what I am doing. Yup, yeah, oke, decent video”

And I am sitting there like, WHAT? Do you not hear what this man is saying? This is totally not what anyone is doing. If you want to live in alignment with this vision your life has to totally change. It would have to crash and burn and you would have to rebuild it from the ground up.

Or when I have shared more spiritual videos like “why brains do not exist”, or “introduction to spirituality” or some others, I get the same vanilla responses. This is even more surprising to me. I would think that oke, some of the statements made here must hit you. You would either have to go into denial and demonization, or it would have a deep impact in you. But nope, just some “ah yeah oke, hmm, interesting. Lets go on with my life”.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

This isn't an all encompassing answer, but three components of this are: 

1) People like the find "impactful content" on their own

2) People usually seek out "impactful content" when they are in a state/time of their life when they are ready to hear it.  The timing is off when it is just randomly sent to them.

3) It hurts people's egos to admit they aren't maximizing life.  If they did admit it, it would require a tremendous amount of work and vulnerability to rectify that, and most people are not in that place.

You mistake is to expect that 100% people is aware, ahs sensitivity and intelligence to understand meta content about the most intricate issues in life. 

There is people who is a void soulless shell, they go thru life run by primal instincts.  Thats why the matrix is successful.

They're not interested in personal development. They probably haven't even watched the videos, at least not entirely. They don't want to be forward and upset you, because you mean a lot to them.

Happens to me. I share the videos with my boyfriend. And he goes meh. Like no big deal and laughs about it. 

Sometimes he is like "you really do that?" like it's something new agey and weird. 9_9

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

When I tried to explain personal development to people, there answer is: “You are an idiot, that’s a scam, stop believing in BS.”  

I was reading a book “Grow Rich with Peace of Mind” by Napoleon Hill, guy came to me, asking what I was reading. I told him exactly what I was reading. After I told him, he did no sa anything he just went back on Instagram. Guess what would happen, if I told him I was reading some magazine...

People just don’t believe this stuff actually exists. They just can’t comprehend it. 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Pearls before swine. Most people cannot pay attention for 2 hours and watch a new actualized video.

We live in a world, where the narrow minded people are those who believe that they know how to live a fulfilling life.

Actually, those who know they do not have a complete understanding of life are quite few. Those who strive for emotional mastery and reaching the divine are even less. People consume whatever their culture feeds them, unfortunately there are even less in Hungary who wants to develop and understand English on the level Leo speaks.

I wish I had the resources to translate more actualized videos, but then a new problem arises, that the viewer cannot pay attention to subtitles for that long.

So I remain an enthusiastic fan of Leo and hope to share more of the received wisdom to those few in need. The forceful way does not work, that I already learned.

Very interesting indeed. I would also think more often you would get a vehement denial rather than neutrality based on the radical nature of some of the video topics. Like, people can't connect the dots to actually do a minimal amount self reflection or give a small effort to comprehend the implications of what they are hearing if it just happens to be true? Seems like if you were to actually dedicate 1-2 hours of your time to watch lets say one video you would do at least a minimum amount of reflecting. But the low conscious person is wired differently, not ready. @exhale brings up good points, the person initiating the search or stumbling upon content like that themselves vs another recommending them to watch might have an impact. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

I found it because a friend shared the content with me. It took a little while to sink in, but I was just in a position to be ready for self help. So I would not give up on trying in some way to direct people you care about to self help. Doesn't necessarily have to be Leo's content either. 

I have shared the guide for enlightment from leo on a french forum once. And have been banned for it.

12 minutes ago, Aeris said:

I have shared the guide for enlightment from leo on a french forum once. And have been banned for it.

Which forum?

3 minutes ago, Raphael said:

Which forum?

on jeuvideo.com

Those people are a lot frustrated incel. Mostly hardcore blue-orange. It's so toxic to read though.

I got answer and people wanting to try before getting a perma ban.

@Aeris That's normal and predictable behaviours. I didn't visited their forum in more than 5 years.

I would like to read the reactions, can you PM me the link?

2 hours ago, Raphael said:

@Aeris That's normal and predictable behaviours. I didn't visited their forum in more than 5 years.

I would like to read the reactions, can you PM me the link?

Haha you know what I mean. It's the 4chan for frenchfag. Topic deleted aswell by modération.

But that was predictable. I just wanted to see how it reflect over there.

@Identity @Identity Do you find a lot of people not understanding you? I work with a predominantly orange crowd and a proportion of blue and orange can handle a semi decent conversation but most things I say to blue goes completely over their head. And I don't even let on that I'm into self development. I just find that lower levels don't have the capacity to generate insight and tend to rely on repetitive familiar mind patterns. There is not a lot of creativity.  At first I found it frustrating that I had to pretend, but now I just find it amusing. When you reach a certain level of development there comes this existential loneliness with it and you realize that everyone really is living in a bubble. 

Studying spriral dynamics only confirms this for me, but now I have studied the model for some time now I have come to learn to accept what is going on and embrace it. 

Edited by Nickyy

On 30/11/2019 at 2:16 PM, Rasheed said:

When I tried to explain personal development to people, there answer is: “You are an idiot, that’s a scam, stop believing in BS.”  

I was reading a book “Grow Rich with Peace of Mind” by Napoleon Hill, guy came to me, asking what I was reading. I told him exactly what I was reading. After I told him, he did no sa anything he just went back on Instagram. Guess what would happen, if I told him I was reading some magazine...

People just don’t believe this stuff actually exists. They just can’t comprehend it. 

The thing is a lot of it is a scam. It's very hard to sort the wheat from the chaff, it's much easier to depend on your own capacity to generate insight. That's what self development is anyway. 

What I find even more strange is that I have friends who are aware (at least on an academic level) of many of these personal development concepts, they just don't have the hunger to devote themselves into diving in.

2 years ago, I was having a deep talk with a friend the other day about personal dynamics. He knew all about being needy, playing victim, acting-out for attention because of low self-esteem... He explained past classmates and why they acted the way they did. He even talked about himself and why he has his current issues/problems. He is aware of all this, without even had read one personal development book. 

So I thought sweet, you sound like a switched on smart guy, let me share with you some resources (I shared some 5-10min YouTube clips about basic PD concepts). Next time we met, I asked what he thought of the videos.

He didn't even open them. 

I thought, well, he will come around in time then. I kept dropping concepts and ideas into conversation every now and then, sharing what's improving my life. 

2 years later and my life has improved exponentially, while his growth is mainly linear. He still hasn't come around yet to take PD seriously, despite seeing the results right in front of his eyes. He is a smart guy and won't have any trouble living a comfortable mediocre life. But I know he can be so much more, I just don't know what else to do to convince him to get into self-help and personal development seriously like I have. 

I grow and develop myself through actualized.org and other YouTube slef help content and materials very profoundly, but I begin to understand that I have to also share the content to other people also, because without collective growing not my growth would be self light. 

I will start a little bit sharing the content through my social media page and accounts, that what I can do and contribute for the collective. 

@Identity great job on sharing the content. 

I once open actualized.org video for my brother he went sleep because of it's depressing. 

I introduced to actualized.org by accident, lot of time I miss a chance assuming the video is ordinary. 

When I was university actualized.org ad pop up to the YouTube front interface and want to see it because it's quality ad and interesting topic, but my friend told me he saw one video of it and it's non sense, a lot of times I stepped back from knowing actualized.org, but by one way or the other I came and fully changed myself my life. 

As Leo said whenever you assume you know it one thing there is always mind fuckery.