Danioover9000

Is the world out to get me, through feelings?

8 posts in this topic

I don't what this emotion is but I've been feeling this feeling for bout 6 years, 2 in Montreal and 4 in the UK. I've lived in Montreal for 8 years and on thee last year my family and I had to move back to the UK, which was pretty rough.

I am being plagued by this feeling! It's bugging me for most of the years, but sometimes it goes away for a month, or a week, only to come back stronger! It's hard enough for me to trail this feeling when it's confusing. Any advice? I'm feeling like I'm banging my head on a wallpaper.

So far it feels slow, and that's as far as I got with this feeling in my body.

I'm confused, what is the feeling? 

Is it the thought that the world is out to get you, through appealing to your emotions?

The world appeals to emotion because that's what gets us to act. Emotion = energy in motion. Emotion speeds the car, logic steers the wheel. 

Could you clarify your question more?

40 minutes ago, Knock said:

I'm confused, what is the feeling? 

Is it the thought that the world is out to get you, through appealing to your emotions?

The world appeals to emotion because that's what gets us to act. Emotion = energy in motion. Emotion speeds the car, logic steers the wheel. 

Could you clarify your question more?

Hard to put into words. It's like I used to feel positive emotions but this negative emotion numbs away the positive ones. I also put my attention to it and it feels slow like oil. And now it's more persistent than usual.

I don't think my thoughts are causing the feeling. Sometimes the feeling comes up even if I'm negatively thinking

@Danioover9000 Thoughts are always linked to emotion. It might be best to start a journal and really get to know this part of you. Journalling helps a lot 

14 hours ago, Nickyy said:

@Danioover9000 Thoughts are always linked to emotion. It might be best to start a journal and really get to know this part of you. Journalling helps a lot 

I've tried journaling a lot. Sometimes it helps but I noticed the feeling comes whether I think positive/negative. I'll try journaling differently and see.

Thanks for the reply.

@Danioover9000 Sometimes the mind lies and tries to cover up what's going on behind the scenes so to speak. If the mind says it's happy but the feeling says the opposite, the feeling will be the truth. All that's required then is to listen carefully and be very very honest about what you really think 

On 11/30/2019 at 4:20 PM, Nickyy said:

@Danioover9000 Sometimes the mind lies and tries to cover up what's going on behind the scenes so to speak. If the mind says it's happy but the feeling says the opposite, the feeling will be the truth. All that's required then is to listen carefully and be very very honest about what you really think 

Thanks for the advice.

I think it would really help if you described the feeling!

I think journalling is great, but I know people who work with their energies and nervous systems through different types of yoga. Chances are the work we do requires a holistic approach: Yoga, meditation, types of therapy and counciling, journaling etc. Leave no stone unturned. And dont believe the dogma, or darma that things can't change or get better. They do, you are on the heros journey. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"