VeganAwake

The Illusion Of Duality!! I see a lot of confusion about duality ❤

44 posts in this topic

When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so the male will not be male and the female will not be female… then you will enter the Kingdom.
– Yeshua

The truth is you don't have to make anything into one, oneness is already the case. Duality itself is fiction, it's the belief that you need two of something to make one but that belief is the illusion. There was never two, the separation never occurred, it was only a fictitious belief created by the mind/ego construct.

Duality is an illusion. We see opposites like two sides of a coin but they are really like two sides of a mobius strip - which only has one side but gives the illusion of two. It is our ego that rejects oneness, our spirit that accepts it. Whatever we do we are moving with it and expressing in anyway.

Even people practicing deep spirituality for years usually get stuck at this stage and stay here their whole life..❤

See past the illusion...Oneness is all there is. THIS!! ❤ Non-duality is reality!!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Duality is like the finger pointing to the moon.

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

59 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Duality is like the finger pointing to the moon.

^_^

Duality is like believing the finger, the point, the moon and the distance between the hand and the Moon we're all separate things/events

Non-duality is realizing it was always only Oneness happening inside of itself.( big picture thinking) ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

How do you actually recognize the intrinsic non-dual state of reality? And how do we know if we got it or not. I can quiet my mind during meditation and be present, but I'm not sure what the next step is. I try to just be, and relax into the moment but i'm not sure how exactly go about realizing oneness.

14 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

How do you actually recognize the intrinsic non-dual state of reality? And how do we know if we got it or not. I can quiet my mind during meditation and be present, but I'm not sure what the next step is. I try to just be, and relax into the moment but i'm not sure how exactly go about realizing oneness.

Can you let the mind do its thing without engaging it?

@Raptorsin7 it requires a mystical non-dual state of pure Being.  Isness.  

These words that we speak are going too far.  These words create duality.  Even to say that only non-duality exists is to go too far. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

The body-mind is duality, it is the defense mechanism between a body-mind and Oneness realizing its the same. The separation the body- mind creates with Oneness is obviously an illusion.

Just this realization alone is a big first step....Awareness alone is Curative.

Ask yourself what's prior to the body-mind?

What you are is prior to language and Body-Mind.

You are what does not change.

What does not change?

The Conscious Space in which everything exists inside of, and the Conscious Awareness that is aware of this space and can focus its attention on it. It is not two different things it is still Oneness.

It's Oneness observing itself that's who you are...❤

Let me know if you understand what I said ❤

46 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Can you let the mind do its thing without engaging it?

Of course you can but the mind is conditioned and reacts on autopilot..

@WelcometoReality When thought arises and I become lost in thought, I can subtly bring myself back to present moment where I am no longer lost in thought. I can't really get to a point where I can just watch thoughts with ease as they come and go. Its usually me recognizing the thought story going once its gone on for a few seconds then i bring myself back.

@VeganAwake Ok. So I understand that my true nature is not the body, because I am observing the body and it's just an appearance that is always changing. I understand that I am not the mind, or the thought story centered around "I", because the mind can be quieted and there is still presence and awareness of sensations without all the accompanying mind chatter. 

Now when I recognize both of these properties of my reality, my attention is mainly on the sensation in my head and my third eye region. I have had a lot pressure there recently, and when i meditate after yoga I get a deep massaging sensation in that region, it almost feels like it's thawing the muscles in my face. Like whatever is in the region between my eyes is going through my face and massaging and prying from the inside.

I also recognize the ability of awareness to jump to different targets in my experience. Attention can go from my feet, to my eyes, to my stomach, all around. Up until recently I always thought this was MY attention moving around at MY direction. But i guess without the accompanying "I" thought this is just awareness moving around. But i don't what to do with this awareness/attention. 

Do you recognize my current level of meditation practice? What should i do next?

@Raptorsin7 Keep going until you can just be with ease, no thoughts or fears. If you can do that for a long time you will start to have glimpses of the true self.

@erik8lrl But I thought my true nature is always present. Shouldn't this be more of "aha" moment there it is, vs just sitting in this no-mind state waiting for something to happen? 

Is this one of those things where once i recognize my true nature, I will able to recognize easier and faster every time after i get the first glimpse. Or is it going to be a wait and see for a while now. 

@Raptorsin7 You true nature is always present, you just can't feel it because of your ego. You are still desiring for something to happen, wanting to have this aha moment, let that all go. The glimpses will open you up to infinite love and help you surrender. It will continue until you surrender totally that you no longer have any doubt or fear left. 

@erik8lrl The ego can still block my true nature even if i'm not lost in thought? I thought the ego was the thought story of ME, or is there more to the ego?

Edited by Raptorsin7

@Raptorsin7 Relaxing the mind and body is great to allow space. If my mind is filled with worrisome thoughts about the past or future - or trying to figure things out - it doesn't allow the mind to slow down.

Once the mind slows down a bit, I don't think it's helpful to try and stop thoughts. Ime, that just sets up inner tension. As you mentioned, you can label thoughts as thoughts and return to here and now - like the breath. 

One thing I find helpful is to observe my relationship with thoughts. In the beginning, I would count breaths. Then I would suddenly realize I was "lost in thoughts". Not like thoughts passing by, yet *lost* in thoughts. I'd be like "whoa, I'm supposed to be counting breaths - how long did I get lost in thinking?". I became very curious about the relationship to thoughts. One meditation I do is "thoughts are logs". I imagine myself on a river bank watching logs (thoughts) flow down the river. I don't chase or grasp any logs (thoughts). This can break the attachment/identification to thoughts. After a while, thoughts may arise, yet they are just background noise - like bird chirps. 

I'd also be aware of creating a "Big Bang" event for realization such that and awakening experience must be a mindblowing mindfuck and the body is flopping around the floor like a fish. That type of thing can happen, yet one will miss a lot of realizations. Many are subtle and simple. 

@Raptorsin7 The structure of the ego starts with beliefs, you believe you exists, you believe reality is real, you believe you are separated from infinite love. Those beliefs then form desires, and desires create fears, your fear then becomes your subconscious programming and determines your behavior. To truly be without desires/ego, is to be infinite love/god.  This is extremely difficult to do for the ego because it needs to kill itself. When you completely stop all beliefs, you become the entire existence/infinite love.  

@erik8lrl What does it mean for the ego to kill itself. I always hear people saying the ego needs to etc. Without strong psychedelics what will ego death be like? Is it a gradual decay or will there be a moment where it becomes clear? I don't if i've ever gotten close to a point where I felt like i was going to die in meditation. I've had moments where it felt like I was becoming fully zoned in on an object or a video where my conventional sense of being and body started to recede. Is that the same thing?

@Raptorsin7 You can't describe ego death to the ego because for it to understand it needs to die. This is why the truth can never be completely and accurately described because it is infinite and it is everything.

It is both gradual and sudden, and it depends on the person. The moment of full awakening is sudden, and there are many smaller awakenings gradually leading towards it. 

Yes, if you surrender and continue you will see. You can also try breath works, it can lead to glimpses too. Note all practices lead to awakening, beingness/meditation is just one of them, is good to try different things and follow your intuition.