Fede83

Do I really need psychedelics?

45 posts in this topic

Do I really need psychedelics for going deeper on my self ? I wanna go over my self/my conditioning/my view of life I just wanna be free..understand more and getting closer to the universe.

Can I take for example shrooms while I’m on antidepressant ? 

I would work on completely cutting out antidepressants. You might have to do it slowly though to not cause too many issues. They are likely awful for you anyway and I really doubt they would react well to shrooms. 

I already planned to remove them and soon I will start the tapering.

About the shrooms will not be a good interaction ? There is any risk ?

Psychedelics are one spiritual tool. How effective they are depends on many variables of the person. Some people don’t resonate well with psychedelics for a variety of reasons. Others resonate well and it can be a powerful spiritual or PD tool. If you want to experiment with a psychedelic, it’s safest to discontinue antidepressants like SSRIs, use a low dose and create a safe, familiar setting.

As well there are many many other practices for spiritual / PD development. 

13 minutes ago, Fede83 said:

Do I really need psychedelics for going deeper on my self ? I wanna go over my self/my conditioning/my view of life I just wanna be free..understand more and getting closer to the universe.

Can I take for example shrooms while I’m on antidepressant ? 

Of course you have to if you want to be liberated and escape the ego prison.

What is the point of talking about sex without having sex. It is direct experience that matters. see for yourself.

You think Leo would be taking Psychedelics and talk about it passionately if it was not transforming.  

No need to mix with anti depressant. Cut the anti depressant ASAP.  It is is a chemical designed to keep you asking for more. the gateway drug to heroin.

Do you know how many people turn to other addictive substance after anti depressant.

Psychedelic is not an addictive substance and it is the ultimate reality check. 

I forgot to mention I would not be depressed trying psychedelics either. I see a lot of other people gamble on the fact it might get them out of depression. Have a couple good happy weeks, then give it a go. 

Psychedelic is not the only way, although it is very powerful. You can go really deep without psychedelics. All practices can lead to an expansion of consciousness. Meditation, self-inquiry, concentration, breath works, and yoga can all lead to awakening. In fact, it is good to completely ground your self in beingness before trying psychedelics, it will only make the trip go much deeper. Just love and be. 

1 hour ago, erik8lrl said:

Psychedelic is not the only way, although it is very powerful. You can go really deep without psychedelics. All practices can lead to an expansion of consciousness. Meditation, self-inquiry, concentration, breath works, and yoga can all lead to awakening. In fact, it is good to completely ground your self in beingness before trying psychedelics, it will only make the trip go much deeper. Just love and be. 

Which kind of breathworks and yoga? Can give some example pls? Much love and blessing ❤️

@Fede83 you don't need psychedelics. If you have a depression to go through then focus on eating healthy , daily exercise, steady daily routines. Look out for negative mental self talk and break those thought patterns.

21 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Fede83 you don't need psychedelics. If you have a depression to go through then focus on eating healthy , daily exercise, steady daily routines. Look out for negative mental self talk and break those thought patterns.

No well I’m on my way to remove them I already get over the depression years ago is a long story..but ye I will focus on making stronger grounding habit..remove antidepressant and than starting on psychedelics ??

3 minutes ago, Fede83 said:

No well I’m on my way to remove them I already get over the depression years ago is a long story..but ye I will focus on making stronger grounding habit..remove antidepressant and than starting on psychedelics ??

Nice to here. :) If I might suggest, phase out the anti depressants slowly. For me it took a couple of months before I was totally off them. Some of the sympoms got worse while phasing them out.

+1 on shamanic breathing. It can allow entry to lucid realms. Ime, the more I let go and allow imagination, the better. Tribal drumming in the background helps.

@TRUTHWITHCAPITALT ffs this attitude is toxic, I respect Leo’s path and teachings but you don’t HAVE to do what he does, he’s one teacher of 1000s and one of the only one preaching Psyches.

there are lots of ways to have direct experience of the self and embody your enlightenment. 

Psyches are 1 tool, and for this guy who’s on SSRIs and may be under 25 you shouldn’t recklessly recommend them, people forget these are still drugs. 

@Fede83 as others said foundational PD work will be great for you and I’m glad to hear you’re doing a lot better mate! 

If you are depressed I would say stay away, I’ve known friends near me to have issues with LSD, such as spending time in mental homes due to trips, people forget these are drugs and aren’t magic pills and need to be respected, especially if you have depression. 

There are many ways to awaken, how do you think 1000s of people have without Psyches? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

12 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@TRUTHWITHCAPITALT ffs this attitude is toxic, I respect Leo’s path and teachings but you don’t HAVE to do what he does, he’s one teacher of 1000s and one of the only one preaching Psyches.

there are lots of ways to have direct experience of the self and embody your enlightenment. 

Psyches are 1 tool, and for this guy who’s on SSRIs and may be under 25 you shouldn’t recklessly recommend them, people forget these are still drugs. 

@Fede83 as others said foundational PD work will be great for you and I’m glad to hear you’re doing a lot better mate! 

If you are depressed I would say stay away, I’ve known friends near me to have issues with LSD, such as spending time in mental homes due to trips, people forget these are drugs and aren’t magic pills and need to be respected, especially if you have depression. 

There are many ways to awaken, how do you think 1000s of people have without Psyches? 

Thank u a lot for ur detailed reply ❤️ Well I’m not anymore depressed since years,this therapy I taking is because I believed my psychiatry to keep it..I trusted him because back in the days I didn’t know the reason because I was sad..to this days I learned a lot with self actualization and I can safe move over..it will take time because tapering with ssri is an hard pillow to swallow but I can do it :) I was interesting in psychedelic for the powerful effect they can induce..but is probably wiser like u said to just relax and follow the “safest” way for me with traditional method as meditation/breathing/yoga also last question do U think psychedelics can potentially lead to more problems for a soft mind?

@Fede83 I had this question for a long time. A lot of tension between the legal dangers, mental and physiological dangers vs the deep curiosity and desire to try them.

This is just my perspective, if you feel you haven't got the right technique and the techniques you've been doing are not effective, you need to try every technique(including psychedelics) to truly know what your unique path is. Choosing not to try them out of fear is unhealthy(caution is another story) and limiting your understanding of the best path for you. 

But once you've figured out how effective is and you choose not to do them, that's awesome, you dont need to do them again. If you find them effective then why not keep doing them?

When you are sober, you are integrating the psychedelic, when you are psychedelic, you are integrating the sober.

B R E A T H E