Spiral Wizard

Donating Organs

8 posts in this topic

It’s a difficult topic, I think one shouldn’t outsource this decision, but it would be interesting to here your thoughts on whether donating ones organs is a good idea or not.

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

2 hours ago, Spiral Wizard said:

It’s a difficult topic, I think one shouldn’t outsource this decision, but it would be interesting to here your thoughts on whether donating ones organs is a good idea or not.

I am an organ donor. When the physical body will no longer be used by you, why not donate it's parts to help fix other bodies?

My dad was just telling me yesterday at Thanksgiving about a 17 yr old male who got a double lung transplant and survived. He survived because he had a donor that was willing to donate.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I heard a story of an elderly man that was on his deathbed in the hospital, who agreed to be an organ donor. His family had all flown in from around the country to be with him for his lasts breaths. The organ harvesting team of doctors and nurses were hovering around like a bunch of parasites, and when he finally passed away, the family were ushered out of the room as soon as possible. Their final moments with their loved one was jeopardized, and they can never get that back.

Hearing that story left a bad taste in my mouth. I love nurses and all that they do (my gf is a nurse), but I've decided not to be an organ donor.

Just my 2c

3 hours ago, Knock said:

I heard a story of an elderly man that was on his deathbed in the hospital, who agreed to be an organ donor. His family had all flown in from around the country to be with him for his lasts breaths. The organ harvesting team of doctors and nurses were hovering around like a bunch of parasites, and when he finally passed away, the family were ushered out of the room as soon as possible. Their final moments with their loved one was jeopardized, and they can never get that back.

Hearing that story left a bad taste in my mouth. I love nurses and all that they do (my gf is a nurse), but I've decided not to be an organ donor.

Just my 2c

Maybe something that can be requested beforehand, not to have that happen? Seems like something that you could even sue them for. Maybe not technically, not sure, but it seems like that is a breach of human rights. Definitely sad to hear .

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Of course you should, it'll save or improve someone's life.

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

Why not. If I am dead yet there is still someone who can survive because they recieve something from my body, feel free to harvest as much as you like. I equally wouldn't mind becoming a specimen for science after death or medical students to learn. 

Wouldn't donate an organ while I am alive though unless it was a child or partner needing a kidney perhaps. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus