Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Isn't anything possible out of nothing?

35 posts in this topic

I have lately come across a lot of judgement in this section with regard to qualities and looks and everything else. 

I'm a strong believer in the possibility of anything and everything. 

I feel God has a purpose in our lives. And we can make anything out of nothing. 

Do you believe that anything and everything is possible out of nothing. 

I feel that a lot of the sentiments and judgement that people express here especially about women arise from negativity. 

Negativity only restricts us and creates dissonance. It shows the impossibility of everything rather than the infinite possibility of every minute particle in the universe.

Be careful how you judge others because you might end up judging yourself the same way if you're in their shoes. 

Or you might turn into a hypocrite. Either ways it's harmful.

Try having positivity in your life and maybe you won't judge the opposite gender or another race so much. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

It is negativity, yes, but also just pure, unadulterated materialism. If all you care about are having sex with hot chicks and becoming rich, you are no better than the mass of humanity. Maybe it's an age thing too, but that's the vibe I get from a lot of young men (more like boys) here. That crass materialism and identification with the body is about as far away from true spirituality as you can get. 

1 hour ago, Dumuzzi said:

It is negativity, yes, but also just pure, unadulterated materialism. If all you care about are having sex with hot chicks and becoming rich, you are no better than the mass of humanity. Maybe it's an age thing too, but that's the vibe I get from a lot of young men (more like boys) here. That crass materialism and identification with the body is about as far away from true spirituality as you can get. 

So true. Perfect. Yes I never looked at it that way. That was an amazing insight 

On 11/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, Preety_India said:

we can make anything out of nothing. 

Do you believe that anything and everything is possible out of nothing. 

I feel that a lot of the sentiments and judgement that people express here especially about women arise from negativity. 

You can certainly make judgments out of nothing. I've seen shits flinging around from both sides.

If you had to wait for the approval of the opposite sex or your own sex, you would never be able to do anything.

Don't wait for approval. Don't take judgments seriously because they are relative to one's survival and ultimately groundless.

Edited by CreamCat

3 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

You can certainly make judgments out of nothing. I've seen shits flinging around from both sides.

If you had to wait for the approval of the opposite sex, you would never be able to do anything.

Don't wait for approval.

I think I'm a bit confused here. It seems like we both were making the same point. 

Care to explain in detail? 

What exactly is your point? 

8 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

If you had to wait for the approval of the opposite sex or your own sex, you would never be able to do anything.

Don't wait for approval. Don't take judgments seriously because they are relative to one's survival and ultimately groundless.

OK gotcha. I was thinking the same just before you replied. But that's like a cop out, of course judgement is relative and one can always have the "I don't give a damn" attitude but my point was that they arise out of negativity because you think something is bad in relation to something else without understanding the deeper meaning that there are always infinite possibilities to a finite situation.

I think when we start to view our selves more positively we judge others less harshly. When I was less confident about my looks I would always be more likely to put down others or judge others negatively for their flaws. 

I still think physical attraction is important in dating, I want to be very attracted to my partner. But judging woman harshly against bs societal standards is just bad for everyone. 

16 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

What exactly is your point?

I've had large teams of radical feminists in my country call me a tiny dick on the internet for years. It's still going on. We, the men in my country, eventually got used to being called tiny dicks. We know their judgments are obviously baseless.

According to them, we are short, are ugly, and have tiny dicks. They also emphasized that white guys and black guys are far more handsome and have substantially larger dicks. If I shift my attention to female-dominated communities, I can read about judgments about men. Some are valid, but most are just their survival/reproductive instincts disguised as common sense and morality.

From them, I've learned to let go of most judgments. I wouldn't expose myself to such criticisms on purpose because their low consciousness antics drag me down, but the lesson is that judgments are inevitable.

Don't let them drag you down. Until people do serious personal development for years, they are going to keep judging others.

Edited by CreamCat

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I think when we start to view our selves more positively we judge others less harshly. When I was less confident about my looks I would always be more likely to put down others or judge others negatively for their flaws. 

I still think physical attraction is important in dating, I want to be very attracted to my partner. But judging woman harshly against bs societal standards is just bad for everyone. 

True. I have noticed this myself in a lot of people around me. When they judge others harshly, they use the same parameters to judge themselves with and end up feeling less self confident. 

I have come across a lot of guys giving into addiction because of this mentality. But as soon as I communicate with them and let them know that it's an illusion and that I'm not judging them, they stop judging themselves and emerge out of their addictions and lead lives with confidence. 

It's like a mind trap 

Edited by Preety_India

@Preety_India When you say you know many guys like that? Were they boyfriends, or just friends? I can see how if a girlfriend told you that it could make a big difference, but if you said it to some random guy i don't know what difference that would make.

6 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

I've had large teams of radical feminists in my country call me a tiny dick on the internet for years. It's still going on. We, the men in my country, eventually got used to being called tiny dicks. We know their judgments are obviously baseless.

According to them, we are short, are ugly, and have tiny dicks. They also emphasized that white guys and black guys are far more handsome and have substantially larger dicks. If I shift my attention to just female-dominated communities, I can read about judgments about men. Some are valid, but most are just their survival/reproductive instincts disguised as common sense and morality.

From them, I've learned to let go of most judgments. I wouldn't expose myself to such criticisms on purpose because their low consciousness antics drag me down, but the lesson is that judgments are inevitable.

Don't let them drag you down. Until people do serious personal development for years, they are going to keep judging others.

That was an excellent point. I never looked at it from the low consciousness high consciousness perspective. 

Judgement so belongs to the orange zone. 

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Preety_India When you say you know many guys like that? Were they boyfriends, or just friends? I can see how if a girlfriend told you that it could make a big difference, but if you said it to some random guy i don't know what difference that would make.

some of them were boyfriends and some of them that I was dating for a short time but not exactly boyfriends because they weren't serious relationships. 

@Preety_India I don't know why you guys keep taking about judgement as if it only means one thing.

Judgement is not a bad thing. Being judgemental is a problem because it cripples people. But judgement itself is always happening. The more you deny that this is what's always going on every time your mind formulates a concept the more you delude yourself and drive it underground like green does. 

Judgement belongs to every stage on the spiral, it just becomes more complex 

1 minute ago, Nickyy said:

@Preety_India I don't know why you guys keep taking about judgement as if it only means one thing.

Judgement is not a bad thing. Being judgemental is a problem because it cripples people. But judgement itself is always happening. The more you deny that this is what's always going on every time your mind formulates a concept the more you delude yourself and drive it underground like green does. 

Judgement belongs to every stage on the spiral, it just becomes more complex 

Can you give an example of how judgement actually happens? 

@Nickyy Judging woman based on their physical features is a bad thing. It hurts your own growth, and it can be bad for people's self esteem if they are less developed. It's one thing if random people are doing it in society. But this forum has higher standards for our conduct.

Just now, Preety_India said:

Can you give an example of how judgement actually happens? 

What do you mean? It happens because interpretation is all there is. If you don't judge something you can't draw any distinctions.

You can still tell others to stop judging you or women. But, it's not going to help much.

Personal development takes long. Telling people to just grow up doesn't make them grow up.

That's like telling people to cure cancer. Imagine that you were a cancer patient and I told you to just cure cancer.

There are ways to cure cancer.

Be patient.

Edited by CreamCat

8 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

What do you mean? It happens because interpretation is all there is. If you don't judge something you can't draw any distinctions.

Let's take an example. I think what you mean is this. You judge a particular behavior as low conscious or high conscious even on the turquoise stage of the spiral. And in a similar way you'd judge the political situation in your country as favorable or unfavorable to growth no matter whatever stage you are on the spiral. 

I think what you mean to say is that the process of interpretation always exists only the parameters and conditions used to judge change. Which means you judge two things against each other in a more mindful conscious manner.. I think I interpreted you right? 

Edited by Preety_India

7 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Nickyy Judging woman based on their physical features is a bad thing. It hurts your own growth, and it can be bad for people's self esteem if they are less developed. It's one thing if random people are doing it in society. But this forum has higher standards for our conduct.

4 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Nickyy  But this forum has higher standards for our conduct.

Yes. This is a judgement. Lower levels judgements are crude, like you say, but higher level judgements are more complex.

It's all still judgement, isn't it? 

Judgement is always happening. Let's not fool ourselves that were not judging. 

@Nickyy I'm not saying don't judge anything ever. But judging woman based on their physical appearance and then going off about it in a thread is different than judging someone's content for their level of spiritual development.