Rasheed

Taking Notes on Actualized.org's videos, am I making a mistake?

29 posts in this topic

The notes for most of the beginner videos have been curated here: 

for the more advanced videos just listen to them and take action. You don't need to memorise every little detail as that would be a huge waste of time.

Read through the textbook for a big overview to get yourself oriented and then just start doing the practices. There is a whole list of exercises to start doing on the first couple of pages.

Once you understand the foundational theory, the more advanced videos will be like pointers approaching this work from varying perspectives, you wont have to make detailed notes, maybe just a few bullet points per video.

Hope that helps

Edited by Cepzeu

35 minutes ago, Cepzeu said:

The notes for most of the beginner videos have been curated here: 

for the more advanced videos just listen to them and take action. You don't need to memorise every little detail as that would be a huge waste of time.

Read through the textbook for a big overview to get yourself oriented and then just start doing the practices. There is a whole list of exercises to start doing on the first couple of pages.

Once you understand the foundational theory, the more advanced videos will be like pointers approaching this work from varying perspectives, you wont have to make detailed notes, maybe just a few bullet points per video.

Hope that helps

I did not know about this. This is amazing. I cannot describe how grateful I am to you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 

What I am going to do now is: 

1. Read actualized.org textbook.
  2. dedicate to my 1 hour to watching more advanced videos, while taking bullet points/notes like this, which are short. 

I appreciate you. To be honest, this really shocked me...in a positive way of course. Again, Thank you...,Life changing. 

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

1 minute ago, TRUTHWITHCAPITALT said:

@Rasheed  There is an Actualize.org textbook in the resource section you could use.

Thank you. I already download it!

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Taking notes is useless. Listen totally, and write the topic and go after your research and contemplate it. 

13 hours ago, Conscious life said:

Taking notes is useless. Listen totally, and write the topic and go after your research and contemplate it. 

I cannot say it is useless, key is to not overdose and do not make same mistake which I made

@Rasheed yeah it works for newbies, but as you grow more and more you only focused and interested in the structure not in the content. 

@Rasheed When taking a test you read all the questions first to gain an overview and prime your reticular activating system for the distribution of valued/addressed aspects. As you start answering the questions you subconsciously process the other questions and filter out the most important info.

First watch the videos without taking notes to gain an overview and general feeling of addressed topics - maybe jot down few things that you feel to be important. Now after watching, take notes of the impotant remarks. Rewatch the video again and add additional notes if necessary.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

21 hours ago, Conscious life said:

@Rasheed yeah it works for newbies, but as you grow more and more you only focused and interested in the structure not in the content. 

Makes sense.

7 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Rasheed When taking a test you read all the questions first to gain an overview and prime your reticular activating system for the distribution of valued/addressed aspects. As you start answering the questions you subconsciously process the other questions and filter out the most important info.

First watch the videos without taking notes to gain an overview and general feeling of addressed topics - maybe jot down few things that you feel to be important. Now after watching, take notes of the impotant remarks. Rewatch the video again and add additional notes if necessary.

I thought about that as well, thank you. Good technique.