Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RickyBalboa

Bringing Dreams into Reality

9 posts in this topic

Have you every had a dreams.... that um.. that you had....

Where you were able to manifest an original Idea into something tangible?

For example an invention or piece of art? If so what was it and does it have significance in your daily life? Do you have techniques for recalling these ideas and trying to implement them? Tell us your stories. 

dreamKid-200x200.png

I don't know what you mean by saying "bringing ideas into reality". But for the dream's sake I will say that being in a dream is very much similar to being in Reality. 

My dreams many times had had manifestes into existence and I many times have spoken about it to other people. 

Yes. I do it all the time.

I don't know how, but I do it.

Meshuggah!

Since I was a kid I wanted to be happy. Only because there's so many thing to get/have and I kept changing my mind so I thought that happiness covers it all. I worked quite well for me, the interesting part is that I even did well in materialistic world.

I have an opinion on everything :D

@Strangeloop Let me clarify. So for example you see a large platform in your dream. Within that platform there are several sub-sections of the platform that rise and fall. Once you awaken from your nights slumber you go and you take the piece of technology or artwork you see and you make it exist in your waking actuality via creation. You build something you have experienced in dream that you didnt originally create but just showed up in the dream. 

I'm not referring to like premonitions of events that happen. For ex. in your dream your cousin dies by gunshot wound and then 2 months later it happens. 

@ivankiss Do you ever do it via your music? Which is really awesome by the way. I have over the past few years have increasingly become a bigger fan of more instrumentally focused artists (Pelican, Animals as leaders, CHON, Hiromi Uehara, Tigran Hamasyan, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Nova Collective, Secret Chiefs 3). 

Is this your website ??? https://www.studioivankiss.com/new-page-2 

Would make sense as it's inline with bringing physical forms into reality.

\m/ Meshuggah is right my friend.

@JustThinkingAloud Sounds right to me!

@RickyBalboa we do that 24/7

you ability to "manifest" what you dream/desire/want is locked in with your current set of beliefs and "ability"

if you want a glass of water you manifest it by walking to the kitchen and getting it.

that's no different than having a dream about starting a business and then doing all the work to go and get it done.

but you can radically shift this... when you become aware / start believing that reality is not made out of atoms and a fixed world out there in which you navigate as a body/mind... then things start to get wavy... 

THY WILL BE DONE

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei Agreed! Just looking to hear users examples of doing this. Do you have any you'd like to share?

Edited by RickyBalboa

@RickyBalboa It's the only way I can write music. 

It first comes as an idea; a vision. A download, if you will.

From there I just jump straight into the writing process. I use my skills and knowledge that I've cultivated over the years to come as close as possible to the original idea that I "heard in my head". And so after some time of noodling around and experimenting - the idea is actualized. It comes to life and is ready to be shared with the world :)

I love prog, too. Will pm you some of my older stuff. Currently working on a more mellow, jazz/rock project. 

That website is not mine tho.

Do you play/produce, too?

@ivankiss

I get occasional downloads. My downloads are usually more centered around what I'm doing in my life the most at a given time. For now that's painting so I get visions of certain color pallets interacting amongst itself with specific flowing motions. This happens most often before I fall asleep. 

My issue with the music downloads is that they literally fade from memory as quickly  as I can get up and even figure out what it was that was going on rhythmically and melodically. Maybe I need to improve on music theory so that I have a template for what is actually happening and I can more easily get those ideas down before they fade so quickly. Times I have tried in the past fail miserably. I have gotten into meditative states where I am able to compose music in real time in my head that is so alien and avante garde that I fail to understand how its happening. The more I try to break down whats happening the more the music starts to disappear. I have to kinda not care and not judge the composition for it to continue happening. Weird how that works. I'm also very slow in tableture programs like guitar pro so that doesn't help. 

Yeah, I'd love links to that.

I Have had my 8 string a couple years and really all I do with it is try and play meshuggah songs and cover my favorite snippets in Audacity. I'm still learning how to record, shape tones on my amp and edit within DAW. I struggle with Eq'ing with balance. I also just started to understand the anatomic mechanics of how to scream/growl maybe a year and a half ago so I try to mix my vocals with my guitar playing and its a damn mess XD. That as far as I have gotten with playing and producing