cypres

The Shadows of Actualized.org forum

41 posts in this topic

By shadow I mean unconscious drives (what’s not "shone upon with the light of consciousness").

I don’t mean selfishness or negative aspects.

Let’s discuss what kind of shadows we (think we) see in the threads on this forum :)

This is a great candidate for Leo locking the thread with the comment "just do the work" and possibly with an extra comment of "enough of the pointless speculation" or even "quit focusing on others and just sort yourself out"

Anyway that's my shadow displayed here! Writing a comment that really serves no purpose other than to out down this thread!

Sorry! 

8 minutes ago, PenguinPablo said:
  • know-it-all-ism / aka "The need to be right."

Or as AA says "big shot-ism" :D

48 minutes ago, cypres said:

Let’s discuss what kind of shadows we (think we) see in the threads on this forum :)

The best thing any of us can do is to revisit our own reply history. 

7 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

The best thing any of us can do is to revisit our own reply history. 

I'm screwed then. 

What does this suggest? Identity theft...

20191127_193119.jpg

Did I just make a funny?

Edited by Eugenio
Added commentary

One Up-manship.. 

Jealousy 

Bias 

People pleasing 

Need to control

Bias 

Labeling each other the stages of the spiral dynamics, "you're orange, im turquoise" 

Drama

Pointless sarcasm just to appear intelligent or smart-ass 

Projection

Prejudice 

Group politics 

Chimpery 

Aversion 

Meanness 

My shadow is people pleasing. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, Eugenio said:

What does this suggest? Identity theft...

20191127_193119.jpg

Did I just make a funny?

Yeh but I have no paperwork so I am not the best identify thief going lol 

I think any reply here would mainly indicate the shadow of the owner being projected outwardly. For instance, the OP's shadow might be criticism, superiority complex, perfectionism, or all of them.

Mine might probably be the "big-shot-ism".

Cetus56's might probably be the fear of being wrong, or the shame of one's own past.

These are just possibilities, one might simply be trying to help others so let's not dismiss that. After all, everything gets interpreted by you (or me), not anyone else. The interpretation is the key to growth. If we could interpret everything in a positive light, I'd say we'd most likely grow the most.

Pretending to be a little old lady from Madagascar. Oh shoot, that’s a different forum. . . .Nevermind.

@cypres

Yeah, I think these kinds of discussions are of most value to us as "self-actualizing" people hanging out on the internet. It's really good to see more and more people being open to learn about their own shadows. In my opinion, there should be a dedicated subforum for shadow issues, since integrating the shadow is a huge piece of the personal development puzzle. Really, there's nothing personal about our shadows. We all have them. The problem is that we often can't see them from the insider's perspective, but mostly others can spot them and then point them out to us. The "shadow pointing" discussions are in my opinion one of the best tools for individual and collective growth.

Me and my best friend do shadow work together. Ideally, this is how it looks like:

- *Either of us does/says something*

+ Hey brother, I've noticed that you've been doing/saying this and that lately. I love you and I want to make sure that you are aware of it. From my experience, this behaviour probably indicates this and that, so just checking out on you, what do you think?

- Thank you for the feedback. I was/wasn't aware of that. I'm not sure it indicates anything to be honest, but since you're suggesting it, then I should probably take a closer look.

I highly recommend for everyone to find a close friend who's also interested in personal development, preferably one of each gender. I think this will advance one's growth by orders of magnitude.

some people are shitposting...

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

The main concern is that many of the people who are here are not in stage yellow (Spiral Dynamics). I see people with great insights, but most of them still they lack that yellow'ish outside the box thinking. Over-all this forum is great. Lots of people helping what they can. Tons of love also.

Mahadev

It's hard to say. To me, the Shadow shows up in a very unusual way. I'll come face to face with someone whom I find fault and it can go as far as my not being able to stand that person. But why? The Shadow knows... "and the truth will make you free... but first it'll piss you off".

So I suppose this thread is about seeing ourselves in the content shared by others or have I missed the point?

20191127_194049.jpg