cypres

What is the definition or essence of meditation?

25 posts in this topic

Falling in love with yourself, spoiler alert, you aren't what you think you are. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 11/27/2019 at 6:05 PM, cypres said:

What's the commonality in all types of meditations?

You are in ‘meditation’, there is no experience to the contrary. That it seems like there is an “other experience”, reveals how much there is to scrutinize, understand, and surrender. Actually, there are not “meditations”, the universe is your meditation, all “meditations” within, are within you, are your Meta-tation.. “Cypres”, “in” the dream, is not aware of this, infinite being actually believes it’s “Cypres”, reading what “Nahm” wrote. All within your meditation. 

Why do you have to sit, or don't you?

Sit, and initially, it’s great. Peaceful, “I’m slowing down”, “feels nice”. The body and subconscious gets that message, and purification ‘begins’, and thoughts misunderstand purification, and thwart it. Leading to the most fundamental, most common trap of “on again & off again” practicing, or worst, culminating a fear or adversity to meditation / purification, for lack of understanding the path sufficiently. Quality of life, happiness, success, what could have been created, all go down that drain. The frightening part is, it goes, entirely unnoticed.

I'm not satisfied with this definition: "to engage in contemplation or reflection". Is that really it?

No. “Cypres”, is a thought, a belief. A pattern of specific relative patterns. Loops supporting loops. Without those patterns, there’s no Cypres. Without Cypres, infinite being is infinite being. Paradoxically, ”meditation”, contemplation, and reflection, are not enough. 

Can it be something like, the practice of learning to direct focus?

No, but that’s part of it. Focus can be culminated, and is also a natural outcome of purification. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's a big if.

And presence has many degrees. You can be 1000x more present than you are right now. And it's also a matter of consistency. Can you stay present for 1hr straight? If you could, you'd already be enlightened.

I just wanted to know hypothetically, to see whether I understood you right. The degree to which you're present in any given scenario is how much of a meditative state you are in ?

7 hours ago, cypres said:

States of awareness/consciousness/presence instead of mechanicalness/automation/sleep?

You’re aware of changing states, yes? 

You can not therefore, be the states.

You’re what’s aware. 

Awareness. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Leo Gura Lol it isn't even that advanced to almost have 0 monkey mind and be present the majority of the time...