Mondsee

Please someone help me explain what happened

13 posts in this topic

So, yesterday I was reading on my bed and fell asleep with the lights on and half dressed. I woke up at around 4am, noticed the mess, put on my pajamas, turned off the lights and went back to sleep.

I did not fall asleep immediately, so I started asking myself what happens to consciousness when we fall asleep. I thought I would become really observant of awareness, and see if I could follow what happened with it the moment I fell asleep. So I started half dreaming, I was walking up some stairs, and every step felt more and more "wobbly", I don't know how else to explain it. Everything was moving from side to side with each step, until I was reaching the final steps. There was a door with a void on the other side, like outer space. I rushed the last two or three steps or so, and without stopping to think about it, I told myself, "just jump!", and I did. I rushed, because I knew that if I stopped to think about it, I wouldn't do it.

As soon as I jumped, my entire body disappeared. I am not talking of a dream, physically, all I could feel was a tingling sensation all over the place... Like an energy rush everywhere. The best way I can think of to explain it is that everything felt like TV interference, like this: 

1.jpg

I felt fear, but quickly told myself, there's absolutely nothing to fear, and I should enjoy the free fall. I knew nothing was going to happen to me. Keep in mind that for all this, there was no identification of myself with a body, I was the whole thing, and then quick little insights came up such as "I am my own mother", and "I am the whole thing, but I can still play around, and do some back flips while falling". And then, at some moment, the whole sensation started to disappear, and I started feeling my body again. I remember vividly how at some point I was sure that I was stretching my arms up with the hands wide open, and when I started feeling my body again, I had them in fact close together over my belly.

Does anybody know what this was all about? I didn't take (nor have I ever tried) any substances whatsoever, and I haven't done any spiritual practices for a few days... I'm thankful for any input! :)

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

Maybe if wobbly is the problem, Rolfers are really good. There are lots each of are receiving, of changing past attachment & downloads and we need to learn to let go. Like the wave it (l) arise up and then hallow back one ocean. Beautiful.

@erik8lrl but what was the buzzing sensation all about? It was not a dream, it was a real physical sensation.

@pink Hmmm... pardon my ignorance but I got like half the words you said... I don't think the wobbly feeling was a problem! It was kind of building up until I reached the void. Also... who are the "Rolfers"?

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

@Mondsee It sounds like an astral projection experience. The radio fuzz is the sound you hear when you're in sleep paralysis which is the gateway to astral projection.

Now, in terms of the content of the experience, it sounds like you were experiencing things on the more ultra-normal side. Often times, when I have out of body experiences, I'll be immersed in the environment that I fell asleep in with very few divergences from consensus reality. And occasionally, I'll experience something of the nature you mentioned, where I go somewhere else.

But the thing that's really marked about these experiences is that it feels very real and you can hear that high pitched radio fuzz noise, which some attribute to a change in frequency and tuning into another dimension of yourself. I also posit that it might be because you are awake when your brain waves have become slow and low-pitched enough to hear with your ears.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Thanks @cetus56 & @Emerald  for your quick and savvy responses, but I'm still very confused... haha I know nothing about astral projection... can we please start by what the hell that is?! (a link to something I can read would do...) :D haha thank you very much!

Here is a video on it that I made a long time ago. But it gives an explanation of what it is. And I have a few more as well about inducing the state...

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Oh yeah... I've had sleep paralysis in the past, it has never been scary, but rather fun to me, but this was different... I did not "get out of my body" and go places... I just became the whole bzhszhzshhzhzshzh all over the place! everything was like the same vibrating substance, and all of that was me, but I was also there falling in that thing... and I could do backflips... haha

@Mondsee Hmm you said it happened yesterday in the morning around 4 am? Weird thing is I experienced Something similar at that exact time. Remeber it was also 4 pm when i woke up, not long after that I felt pull from my chest that pushed me up, which was accompanied by Light, buzzing sound, Vibrations and I just felt like surrendering and was pushed more and more up untill i collapsed back to my body and started dreaming... 

I find it fascinating it happened around same time 

hah interesting! but I highly doubt that we live in the same time zone...

S

6 hours ago, Mondsee said:

So, yesterday I was reading on my bed and fell asleep with the lights on and half dressed. I woke up at around 4am, noticed the mess, put on my pajamas, turned off the lights and went back to sleep.

I did not fall asleep immediately, so I started asking myself what happens to consciousness when we fall asleep. I thought I would become really observant of awareness, and see if I could follow what happened with it the moment I fell asleep. So I started half dreaming, I was walking up some stairs, and every step felt more and more "wobbly", I don't know how else to explain it. Everything was moving from side to side with each step, until I was reaching the final steps. There was a door with a void on the other side, like outer space. I rushed the last two or three steps or so, and without stopping to think about it, I told myself, "just jump!", and I did. I rushed, because I knew that if I stopped to think about it, I wouldn't do it.

As soon as I jumped, my entire body disappeared. I am not talking of a dream, physically, all I could feel was a tingling sensation all over the place... Like an energy rush everywhere. The best way I can think of to explain it is that everything felt like TV interference, like this: 

1.jpg

I felt fear, but quickly told myself, there's absolutely nothing to fear, and I should enjoy the free fall. I knew nothing was going to happen to me. Keep in mind that for all this, there was no identification of myself with a body, I was the whole thing, and then quick little insights came up such as "I am my own mother", and "I am the whole thing, but I can still play around, and do some back flips while falling". And then, at some moment, the whole sensation started to disappear, and I started feeling my body again. I remember vividly how at some point I was sure that I was stretching my arms up with the hands wide open, and when I started feeling my body again, I had them in fact close together over my belly.

Does anybody know what this was all about? I didn't take (nor have I ever tried) any substances whatsoever, and I haven't done any spiritual practices for a few days... I'm thankful for any input! :)

Sounds like you had a mystical experience.

Interesting, I've seen lots of you also experience similar type of "cosmic love vibration" during intense dreams, even though the content of the dreams and how we got there is different. Another thing common is that it seems to occur during a "second sleep" where you wake up unrested, really really tired, and then have very deep sleep with vivid dreams, and hallucinations that feel like your body is actually flying, spinning, falling, etc. Much different than regular dreams which are more like just watching a movie while not realizing you're watching a movie.