SoonHei

Which is the Dream?

33 posts in this topic

Once there was a King who was rich beyond compare. He took a walk through his massive kingdom and stopped at one of his lakes. There, he fell asleep, and dreamt that he was a beggar. The dream was quite vivid, and in the dream he suffered terribly. Upon awaking he realized he was a King and not a beggar. He was confused, and began questioning himself, “Am I a King dreaming I am a beggar, or am I a beggar dreaming I am a King.”After consulting with many sages, The wisest of the wise approached.

The King asked, “which is the dream?” He asked, “Am I a King dreaming I am a beggar or a beggar dreaming I am a King, which is the dream?

The sage replied, “They are both dreams”.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

2 hours ago, SoonHei said:

Absolutely,  and since I very rarely have dream recall. I dont have that issue. It's either waking/relative state or deep sleep nothingness.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Have you heard one more such simple but insightful story- "princess of Jhansi"?

hey what happened to the butterfly??

but yes, infinite creation from all sides

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Even if it was the beggar asking the question, he'd rather stay a beggar than realizing the Truth.

The ego works against itself because it prefer to stay in a known illusion than to know what is true but unknown to it.

We can be really stupid ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

9 minutes ago, JustThinkingAloud said:

Stupid is fun! :ph34r::D

Depends I guess, for me it's deep meaningless, loneliness and sadness for a year now.

Be careful what you wish for ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

Depends I guess, for me it's deep meaningless, loneliness and sadness for a year now.

Be careful what you wish for ?

We all had our important lessons. The trick is to learn from them and get on with your life much improved and wise. :)

I have an opinion on everything :D

Have you heard one more such simple but insightful story- "princess of Jhansi"?

There was a king of Awadh(one wealthy state of earlier times) ,he was fond of art and drama. So once in his state there was suppose to happen one drama in the name - "princess of Kashi". Almost after 3 months of practice it was going to be held. But in that drama there was a vital role of 5 yr old daughter of that village as princess of Kashi. But the girl was ill and so the actors asked extension of date for performance but the king thought that his son who was at that time only 5 can also play this role with girl like dressup. So the prince was dressed as Princess of Jhansi, and he was looking quite preety. At that time there was no camera so Queen asked to paint his son like this. And his painting was made and the painter signed below by providing date and entitled- "princess of Jhansi". After 15 years the prince was going through old collections and he found that pic, seeing which he fall in love with the princess of jhansi and he saw the date too and guessed that this princess must be like my age too. He fall in love with all sorts of imagination in his head for this pictorial princess of jhansi. He was lost, no apetite no smile...So the king got worried and sent Rajguru to find the truth. Rajguru approached prince and said him that it will be secret between the two. Prince told him he  was in love of a princess. Rajguru said "oh thats a good news, where is she?" And the prince replied, "I have seen her only in photograph." He took Rajguru to the painting. And after seeing Rajguru recalled story of this painting and asked the prince he need to sit down and listen to him, he told, "prince he is none but You." This single understanding that there wasn't any two but Only One, took away all the pain of that prince in the very moment. 

This is a story from "adwait vedanta", which tells us we are one source, this whole world is our "princess of Jhansi".

Edited by Shweta
Spelling mistake

8 hours ago, SoonHei said:

And that which identifies as the dreamer of dreams is also a dream. 

He is the beggar.  He is the King.  He is both.  He is neither.  He is everything.  He is  nothing.  

He Is.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

The separation never occurred. The idea that he could ever be multiple separate(duality) things was the illusion itself...

Yes He Is ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Shweta @SoonHei  Really nice stories! I liked both. Thanks!

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse....to like such stories frequency must have aligned to spiritual realm. Thank you.

When I told this story in excitement to the friends around here my workplace..they find it boring?