DMM710

What are some good places/practices to push your comfort zone?

27 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2019 at 1:49 PM, Serotoninluv said:

Traveling can be a great way to stretch one's comfort zone.

I second this... :)

I just traveled out of state last week, you never know what will happen. On one of my flights the turbulence was sooo bad that no one was permitted to use the bathroom, there was no drink/snack service and flight attendants were told to stay seated the entire flight. It was so bumpy I felt like I was on a amusement park ride.xD

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Out of comfort zone ; Ask the client for the true value money exchange that is fair actually, not going at the expense of my receiving and embodying resource.   Receive and build an overfill of blessing and happiness.

good one.

i'd say talk to someone someone new haha!

put on a concert.

throw a party.

organize a meditation retreat.

quit your job.

put hard work into college if you're still young. not because it matters though. 

comment on a sexy girls instagram. just once! lol. not your ex. shes not sexy xD kidding if you're out there... sigh

@DMM710 im gonna give you an idea that sounds crazy and creepy, there is this app called wakie and besically works like whatsapp anyways.. u can sent your alarm at whatever time and somebody from some place randomly around the world will call you to wake you up, further more u can call with random person on different topics, and just have a combo with who knows who, from who knows where :P 

@DMM710 Public speaking, going to a new country, trying out a fundamentally different style than yours, changing cities and... telling the truth - you'll be amazed how much we lie. 

Do social challenges as mentioned in Leo's "how to not give a fuck what people think" video. But get creative and make up lots of your own. Some of my favorites ones are:  

•  approaching people and asking "What are you all talking about?" Even if it's just one person alone.
  • give genuine compliments 
  • When shopping, as you pull an item from the shelf, ask someone nearby if it's okay with them if you purchase said item. Or even harder, ask someone in front of or behind you at checkout if they'll buy a few of your groceries for you. If you want you can add to it by smiling and saying jk...unless the answer is yes! lol (Surprisingly this has actually worked for me a couple times.)
  • This one is on a whole other level and should only be attempted if you've already become comfortable with the previous challenges and live in a decent sized city. (If your town's population is only 5000 or under you might start to make a name for yourself with stunts like these which can be bad if you aren't prepared for it.) Burst through the doors of one of your local hot spots on a Saturday night, use a loud enough voice to grab everyone's attention and announce how buff you are as you flex and start doing push-ups. This can be replaced with dance, Thai chi etc if you'd rather.           

Cold exposure is another great  area to stretch the comfort zone. Most people can turn there shower fully to cold for ten seconds at the end of the wash. That's a good place to start but try to work up to regular ice water submersions preferably with a friend for safety. It takes the utmost mental fortitude to dedicate to this extreme as a long term practice but it's so worth it. The health benefits are absolutely insane. 

Lastly and perhaps the most shocking is a little thing I call "erotic reflections". It's basically just masturbating to your own image in the mirror. Take several deep breaths centering yourself in the moment. Shake your body all around or use some physical grounding technique to kill off any bad energy you can. Do not skip this step, you will need it.  Most likely you'll be unable to get into the flow at first so you can look the other way to prime your engine then look back at yourself whilst keeping it alive to finish the task. For females this might be more complicated, not sure. If necessary you can start with having a picture or audio track of something that turns you on. Lay the picture beside the sink and refer down to it as many times as you need. However, as you near the finish line be sure to look up and gaze deeply and softly into your eyes. Do not rush through it as if you're just trying to get it over with; but also don't go too slow and lose the arousal. Feel it out and find a nice balance. The ego will fight you to the death on this one, pulling every trick in the book to make you give up. Push through it and complete the mission. It's important to make it all the way at least once, that way you know you can do it again and again getting a little easier each time. You want to build up to being able to do this unassisted as soon as you can. If practiced persistently, the brain will have no choice but to re-wire itself to a state more conducive to self love while your confidence levels will be upgraded. Erotic Reflections has been field tested and I've seen considerable results. Anecdotal but promising.