Moreira

Hobbies sabotaging my life purpose!

6 posts in this topic

I've been  saving lot of money to make my life purpose real, which is having a ecological farm, and I needed lot of money to buy the land. And Ill need 3 or 4 years more to have enough.

The thing is a friend of mine is selling a nice camper van and would sell it to me really cheap.

I know I must stay commited to my purpose, and I have a car that still works weel and I dont need the van.

But the thing is, I love traveling in nature and I visualize the good moments and experiences i would live in vacations, and amazing places to be If I had the camper van. I can buy a van in the future, in 5 years, but the sad thing is I'll never find one so cheap . Others cost about 12.000 bucks, my friend sells it to me by 7000.

Also It has been said that a recession is coming in 2020 so it worries me if I dont have saved resources.

How can I stop daydreaming. Or should I buy it?

Buy the camper-van for $7,000, sell for $12,000, put the $5,000 profit into your farm fund.

How much would buying the van delay your LP? 

I'm not sure if 7000 for a used van is cheap, you must know (taking into account it might need service more than a newer one).

36 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

How much would buying the van delay your LP? 

I'm not sure if 7000 for a used van is cheap, you must know (taking into account it might need service more than a newer one).

From 7 months to a year  of delay

1 hour ago, Knock said:

Buy the camper-van for $7,000, sell for $12,000, put the $5,000 profit into your farm fund.

And will lose a friend when he realises I sold the car to make money.

1 hour ago, Moreira said:

From 7 months to a year  of delay

That's not negligible, so I'd say stay on your purpose. 

Vacations are also important though. Can you derive the same level of satisfaction you'd have with the van from travelling by train, hiking, sleeping under a tent or under the sky? That's the European low-cost way :) Try imagining some other amazing vacations in nature, maybe it helps.